Ratings for Dr. Nabil Namis

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!! His office has so many dead flies and while he is seeing you some of them land on you and it is disgusting. It's his way or no way and he will refuse to transfer your medical records. He is extremely touchy and inappropriate. The waiting is so long you have to take an entire day off work and he will make a ridiculous amounts of appointments for you. I had to wait 3 hours in his waiting room and an hour in his actual examination room. He doesn't explain anything to you, forgets what he has said/done/ or prescribed to you. Run for the hills!!!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

my first Experinece was twodays ago-2.5 hr delay ! can't say anything about his knowelge right now. I do not like to be touched alot with no reason, I don't like that part. Hopes his treatment works for me.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Hi on the outside this Dr.is charming . I have been a patient of his for number of years and have now been referred to a new gynecologist due to past experience . This Dr.will not send any information to my family dr as to what he is treating for scribbles notes on a piece of paper which can changed at any time for his convenience . Then will send you all over the place for unnecessary testing to cover up his unnecessary appointments and examinations . Wanted to see me every 2 months ya like that's going to happen . On one my last appointments this Dr inserted an estro ring with absolutely no care . The next day I could hardly walk and within 48 hrs. had to make an emergency app with a nurse practitioner to have it removed and my family dr had to treat me for a severe infection which came from his filthy unwashed gloves . I also cannot believe the health inspectors have not closed down his office . Carpets are filthy light fixtures were full of dead fly's and the room stinks . I could go on about other experiences but there's no need . Iam now seeing my new Dr and getting the care I deserve . Thank you for reading this and I hope it can help you in some way . And the secretary is a totally new subject

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

No one likes waiting for long periods of time at their appointments. That being said, when it is my turn, Dr. Namis takes my concerns seriously and truly is there to help. The past couple of times I went to him I thought there was something very wrong going on with me, but I was proved wrong both times, felt embarrassed about it, but was told not to feel that way at all. He was kind, concerned, and ended up helping me with another ‘female’ issue.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

I hope me writing this review will give me a little bit of peace after what i went through because of nabeel namis. First of all, i truely regret any circumstances that led me to be with this dr! I gave birth to my first son 4 years ago.. until the day of the cesarean section the dr was amazing treatment and taking care of me wise... the day of my scheduled "needed" c section he was dizzy and he had jam on his shirt and that was right when the nurses and the anstesian were preparing me to the surgery... the nurse pointed out to him that he had something onhis shirt before he enters the operating room.. he said i was dizzy coz he is diabetes and he had to eat smthng before the surgery... i had a bad feeling ... so i gave birth to my healthy boy and did follow ups abd everything... after a year and half i became pregnant the pregnancy was ectopic due to a damage in my tube... i got rid of it through medications btw at that time i had moved out of guelph so no more namis visits... a while after my first ectopic i had another ectopic so the drs removed my tube.l through an life saving operation...then i stopped getting pregnant for more than two years... i got pregnant last month through the help of a dr here who gave me fertility meds ... i just found out that its an ectopic and i will probably have to remove my last tube... the drs kept asking me was the person who performed a c section on you coz he probably damaged your tubes... and that was in three different cities... i knew that it was because of not cleaning me well or something during the operation.. i will probably no longer be able to conceive naturally ever again i will have to do an IVF.. it could work and it could not work thats in the hand of god!! Hopefully my rating will help people find a better obstetrician and save themselves

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

Dr Namis is a really sweet doctor. He is the huggy reassuring type but if you don't like to be touched or called honey than he certainly isn't the one for you. I found that I had to repeatedly ask him questions about things/procedures because he wasn't telling me anything but writing notes for himself. The office is pretty outdated but that doesn't really bug me what is gross is the dozens of flies both alive and dead. Pretty gross. Also if you are in a rush this is not the place to be. Expect 2-3 hours waiting for Pap tests which should take only 30 mins. If you have an appointment book the entire day off. Ultimately he is a really sweet doctor but I am not the touchy type. The waiting is ridiculous and my name is not honey. I would recommend this doctor for an older parent, grandmother etc someone who has seen previous gynos and have time on their hands to wait. I wouldn't recommend for a younger or new woman to go as it can be very scary.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

DO NOT RECOMMEND. This man is literally his way or the highway. I was referred to his office by my GP (which the only good thing was it was no waiting time to get an appointment). I had stated that I work the afternoon shift so I literally can't be late. I waited three hours to get into his office and had to call into work stating I had still yet to the doctor to which I ended up having to miss my shift because of this. I had come in requesting a tubal litigation to which he had lectured me about it because I'm too young and that my GP shouldn't be agreeing to this either and that he planned on writing my GP a letter with his disapproval. He constantly told me I would change my mind even after I had explained my situation stating that would not be the case. He asked me again after going through options if I still wanted the surgery which I had responded yes he had brought in his secretary into the appointment and discussed with her in regards to my outrageous request! I was absolutely furious and dumbfounded that he brought her in. At which point he said he was then ending the appointment and would not be taking me on as a patient. He also compared me to "being his daughter and would never give his daughter that operation". Will never recommend him or ever go back to that office again.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

THIS MAN IS A CREEP AND SHOULD NOT BE PRACTICING ANYWHERE! I went to see Dr. Namis after my family doctor referred me to get an IUD put in. I booked the appointment and got in very quickly within the week, but probably because his office is a revolving door of mistreated patients. I was expecting the first appointment to be a consult because he didn't even know me or my history and the receptionist told me he would put the IUD that day before he had even consulted me, which I thought was weird. After waiting an hour past my scheduled time I was called in. He was creepy at the appointment and in his tiny office it was dirty and cramped. Throughout the entire visit I felt uncomfortable with him to which he replied “it’s okay honey” multiple times. He did a PAP as this was my first trip to the gynocogist and then scheduled me for an ultrasound before I got the IUD because he felt I was tender on the right side of my uterus. He only stated I would be getting an external ultrasound. Little did I know that when I showed up for my “ultrasound” it was really an external ultrasound and then an internal probe exam which he did not inform me of, which confused me and angered me that he didn’t tell me. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. I then went back a week later for what I thought would be a follow up on the results of my ultrasound and probe. THE WAIT WAS 2 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES PAST MY SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TIME. Many patients in the waiting room were unhappy at the absence wait time because Dr. Namis was constantly on the phone to what sounded like an old friend asking for advice on every patient. For someone who has be practicing 48 years plus you would think he would know something for himself. Anyway, I finally got called in by the deadpan receptionist and before I even got in the room he said “you can remove your lower half of clothing”. Which shocked me because I wanted to know the results of my ultrasound and probe to see if it was okay that I got the IUD, but he clearly forgot and just wanted to shove the IUD so he could keep making his way through the buildup of unhappy patients in his waiting room. I wasn’t even under the impression I would be getting the IUD inserted that day either! He never explained to me what showed up on my ultrasound even though I kept asking him for clarification. As soon as he knew I didn't want the IUD inserted that day he basically abruptly ended the appointment and I left within 3 minutes of being in the room. I immediately cancelled my next appointment and will NEVER BE GOING BACK. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

After I left Dr. Namis's Office I cried tears of joy. I had never experienced someone in that setting be so kind towards me. I went in terrified that I was going to have the painful experience of getting my copper IUD taken out but he took the time to reassure me that everything would be okay. He truly cares about his clients. The wait was a bit longer but nothing like 2 hours like some people say for me it was 1/2 an hour max. I think a part of the wait time is due to how much care and time he takes with each patient because he truly cares. When I did end up getting a pap smear it was the most comfortable and painless pap I have ever gotten! I have a history of sexual abuse and I am often uncomfortable around men in that kind of situation, however, I never felt more comfortable with any gynaecologist. I strongly recommend him as long as you don't mind the wait and don't take life too seriously. I understand that others have concerns, however, I think it might be a difference of opinion if others had the same situation.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr Namis is an amazing doctor who is one of the few left in this city that actually cares about his patients. I am afraid for the future when he retires. He is extremely thorough and listens carefully to your symptoms. He never takes a chance on your health and well-being. I have seen some of the best specialists in Southwestern Ontario who were cold and dismissive. Dr Namis is extremely analytical and precise in his examinations and diagnoses. People need to be careful how they judge this man. Our health care system is extremely broken and the new generations of medical doctors are more interested in their status and pocket books than they are their patients. I worry for our children and those most vulnerable. If anyone is questioning whether they should see Dr Namis, stop wondering and start driving to his office!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017