Ratings for Dr. Nabil Namis

I waited an hour and a half past my appointment time before they called me in. The receptionist was unhelpful and acted annoyed when I asked about a time frame. Will NOT be coming back.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

This man asked for my prescription narcotic medication so that he could "give it to someone more needy than me". Full story: I had been having problems with pain right around where my left ovary was. I made an appointment (on a Thursday or Friday) and as many others here have said, I waited hours. When I got into see him I told him about my pain and he did an examination. He ordered an ultrasound and sent me on my way. Over the weekend I had an incident where I had extreme pain right around where my left ovary was. My partner decided that I needed to go to the hospital. When I was seen by the ER doctor they ordered an ultrasound which was sent to Dr. Namis and gave me t3s for the pain. The doctor said it was an ovarian cyst and that I should be okay depending on the size. When I went to get the ultrasound results from Dr. Namis he lectured me about how I wasted my time going to the ER and that he had told me it was just a cyst. He had not. I was in extreme pain and scared so I did what I thought was right, I went to the ER. After being repremained by him I asked if there was something else he could give me for the pain because t3s make my head cloudy and I had a lot of school work to do. Then, to my surprise, he asked me for the t3s! He said "if you aren't going to use them then I'll give them to someone who needs them more than you". I told him that was illegal and he said "no it isn't, I'm a doctor!" after that I was flabbergasted. I didn't know what to say. He quickly rushed me out of the room and moved on to the next victim. The receptionist asked me if I'd like to schedule a follow up and I just laughed and said no. This man is not a good doctor. On several occasions he made me feel bad for requesting an STI check stating that "the government will wonder why you ask for so many!". Sorry for wanting to ensure my health by having regular check ups. I do not recommend this doctor. The wait times are horrible, he is crass, and he broke the law. There are many other gynecologists in Guelph. ANY OTHER DOCTOR WOULD BE BETTER THAN HIM.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr. Namis is the best doctor I have seen in ages, although the wait time was ridiculous (over 1 1/2 hours) he was so kind, caring and did not try to rush me out the door to see another patient. He was attentive and was the first doctor I encountered with a genuine heart.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Namis for a few months now. I have read through a number of ratings on this doctor. Most negative comments are regarding his wait times and his unorthodox bedside manner. I will agree the wait times of 2+ hours at least are a headache, however I also understand why he has wait times like that. I have been scheduled in to see him on more than one occasion within a week of making a call. I have gotten a same day appointment twice. He and his receptionist always do their best to fit me in. When in the appointment he takes his time and doesn't rush me or make me feel like an inconvenience. I've been brushed off by so many other doctors and another OB/GYN for years, often being misdiagnosed with UTIs and treated with antibiotics unnecessarily. I've only now been taken seriously by a doctor regarding heavy and long periods that I've always believed were not normal but were told were normal and a result of stress. Dr. Namis has shown genuine concern for my health and my quality of life. He got me in for imaging, surgery and follow up, always reassuring me that we'll get to the bottom on it. He didn't hesitate to get a second opinion or refer me to another specialist with specific knowledge of my disease and treatment options. As for his bedside manner, he is an odd one. Sometimes situations get a little awkward, but I appreciate his care. His yelling and excitement aren't to upset me or directed AT me per se, it's just that he's passionate.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

He's a butcher. Don't go to him. My dearest friend who is a lovely women was traumatized by this man.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Punctuality is terrible-- expect a two hour wait, minimum. But, once you're actually in the room, he will take his time to answer all of your questions and never push you out quickly. I believe he genuinely cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Worst doctor. DO NOT GO TO HIM. You are better off driving to another city before going to this guy. If you care for yourself or your loved ones, than avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Cupped my face without warning and made me feel super uncomfortable. I still think I should report him, but I likely won't.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I have read that Dr namis came to furlough not in 1998 not true he delivered my daughter in 1990 and came here from Richmond hill

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Dr. Namis is amazing. While, he can be gruff he's a big softie. He is knowledgable and cares about your concerns. I was very nervous about some of the symptoms and he took extra care to let me know that he was going to check everything and assured me that everything would be with the greatest of care. He got me an appointment within 24 hrs because he knew I felt things were urgent. He's very knowledgable and a really caring man.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016