Ratings for Dr. Nabil Namis

DO NOT RECOMMEND. This man is literally his way or the highway. I was referred to his office by my GP (which the only good thing was it was no waiting time to get an appointment). I had stated that I work the afternoon shift so I literally can't be late. I waited three hours to get into his office and had to call into work stating I had still yet to the doctor to which I ended up having to miss my shift because of this. I had come in requesting a tubal litigation to which he had lectured me about it because I'm too young and that my GP shouldn't be agreeing to this either and that he planned on writing my GP a letter with his disapproval. He constantly told me I would change my mind even after I had explained my situation stating that would not be the case. He asked me again after going through options if I still wanted the surgery which I had responded yes he had brought in his secretary into the appointment and discussed with her in regards to my outrageous request! I was absolutely furious and dumbfounded that he brought her in. At which point he said he was then ending the appointment and would not be taking me on as a patient. He also compared me to "being his daughter and would never give his daughter that operation". Will never recommend him or ever go back to that office again.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

THIS MAN IS A CREEP AND SHOULD NOT BE PRACTICING ANYWHERE! I went to see Dr. Namis after my family doctor referred me to get an IUD put in. I booked the appointment and got in very quickly within the week, but probably because his office is a revolving door of mistreated patients. I was expecting the first appointment to be a consult because he didn't even know me or my history and the receptionist told me he would put the IUD that day before he had even consulted me, which I thought was weird. After waiting an hour past my scheduled time I was called in. He was creepy at the appointment and in his tiny office it was dirty and cramped. Throughout the entire visit I felt uncomfortable with him to which he replied “it’s okay honey” multiple times. He did a PAP as this was my first trip to the gynocogist and then scheduled me for an ultrasound before I got the IUD because he felt I was tender on the right side of my uterus. He only stated I would be getting an external ultrasound. Little did I know that when I showed up for my “ultrasound” it was really an external ultrasound and then an internal probe exam which he did not inform me of, which confused me and angered me that he didn’t tell me. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. I then went back a week later for what I thought would be a follow up on the results of my ultrasound and probe. THE WAIT WAS 2 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES PAST MY SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TIME. Many patients in the waiting room were unhappy at the absence wait time because Dr. Namis was constantly on the phone to what sounded like an old friend asking for advice on every patient. For someone who has be practicing 48 years plus you would think he would know something for himself. Anyway, I finally got called in by the deadpan receptionist and before I even got in the room he said “you can remove your lower half of clothing”. Which shocked me because I wanted to know the results of my ultrasound and probe to see if it was okay that I got the IUD, but he clearly forgot and just wanted to shove the IUD so he could keep making his way through the buildup of unhappy patients in his waiting room. I wasn’t even under the impression I would be getting the IUD inserted that day either! He never explained to me what showed up on my ultrasound even though I kept asking him for clarification. As soon as he knew I didn't want the IUD inserted that day he basically abruptly ended the appointment and I left within 3 minutes of being in the room. I immediately cancelled my next appointment and will NEVER BE GOING BACK. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

After I left Dr. Namis's Office I cried tears of joy. I had never experienced someone in that setting be so kind towards me. I went in terrified that I was going to have the painful experience of getting my copper IUD taken out but he took the time to reassure me that everything would be okay. He truly cares about his clients. The wait was a bit longer but nothing like 2 hours like some people say for me it was 1/2 an hour max. I think a part of the wait time is due to how much care and time he takes with each patient because he truly cares. When I did end up getting a pap smear it was the most comfortable and painless pap I have ever gotten! I have a history of sexual abuse and I am often uncomfortable around men in that kind of situation, however, I never felt more comfortable with any gynaecologist. I strongly recommend him as long as you don't mind the wait and don't take life too seriously. I understand that others have concerns, however, I think it might be a difference of opinion if others had the same situation.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr Namis is an amazing doctor who is one of the few left in this city that actually cares about his patients. I am afraid for the future when he retires. He is extremely thorough and listens carefully to your symptoms. He never takes a chance on your health and well-being. I have seen some of the best specialists in Southwestern Ontario who were cold and dismissive. Dr Namis is extremely analytical and precise in his examinations and diagnoses. People need to be careful how they judge this man. Our health care system is extremely broken and the new generations of medical doctors are more interested in their status and pocket books than they are their patients. I worry for our children and those most vulnerable. If anyone is questioning whether they should see Dr Namis, stop wondering and start driving to his office!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

This man left me with a infected episiotomy that took 6 weeks to heal and recover from the pain and stitched me up like Frankenstein. A horrible job.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

I have been with Dr. Namis for 28 years. He has always been respectful, extremely patient and has alot of advice when I ask. I hear alot of complaints from other patients about the wait time - I have been on the other side of the reason we wait. He has done many surgeries on me and I am so grateful for him as my Doctor. As for Sue - can't ask for anything more. She is efficient and has never pushed my concerns aside and has always been very helpful. Thank you to both of you for wonderful care!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Namis for 3 years now - Not sure why people here are complaining about him and Sue (his Sec). I think she is sweet. I love Dr. Namis and his take care of you attitude. The wait time is terrible, however, well worth the wait for a great doctor!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I waited an hour and a half past my appointment time before they called me in. The receptionist was unhelpful and acted annoyed when I asked about a time frame. Will NOT be coming back.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

This man asked for my prescription narcotic medication so that he could "give it to someone more needy than me". Full story: I had been having problems with pain right around where my left ovary was. I made an appointment (on a Thursday or Friday) and as many others here have said, I waited hours. When I got into see him I told him about my pain and he did an examination. He ordered an ultrasound and sent me on my way. Over the weekend I had an incident where I had extreme pain right around where my left ovary was. My partner decided that I needed to go to the hospital. When I was seen by the ER doctor they ordered an ultrasound which was sent to Dr. Namis and gave me t3s for the pain. The doctor said it was an ovarian cyst and that I should be okay depending on the size. When I went to get the ultrasound results from Dr. Namis he lectured me about how I wasted my time going to the ER and that he had told me it was just a cyst. He had not. I was in extreme pain and scared so I did what I thought was right, I went to the ER. After being repremained by him I asked if there was something else he could give me for the pain because t3s make my head cloudy and I had a lot of school work to do. Then, to my surprise, he asked me for the t3s! He said "if you aren't going to use them then I'll give them to someone who needs them more than you". I told him that was illegal and he said "no it isn't, I'm a doctor!" after that I was flabbergasted. I didn't know what to say. He quickly rushed me out of the room and moved on to the next victim. The receptionist asked me if I'd like to schedule a follow up and I just laughed and said no. This man is not a good doctor. On several occasions he made me feel bad for requesting an STI check stating that "the government will wonder why you ask for so many!". Sorry for wanting to ensure my health by having regular check ups. I do not recommend this doctor. The wait times are horrible, he is crass, and he broke the law. There are many other gynecologists in Guelph. ANY OTHER DOCTOR WOULD BE BETTER THAN HIM.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr. Namis is the best doctor I have seen in ages, although the wait time was ridiculous (over 1 1/2 hours) he was so kind, caring and did not try to rush me out the door to see another patient. He was attentive and was the first doctor I encountered with a genuine heart.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016