Ratings for Dr. Nabil Namis

After I left Dr. Namis's Office I cried tears of joy. I had never experienced someone in that setting be so kind towards me. I went in terrified that I was going to have the painful experience of getting my copper IUD taken out but he took the time to reassure me that everything would be okay. He truly cares about his clients. The wait was a bit longer but nothing like 2 hours like some people say for me it was 1/2 an hour max. I think a part of the wait time is due to how much care and time he takes with each patient because he truly cares. When I did end up getting a pap smear it was the most comfortable and painless pap I have ever gotten! I have a history of sexual abuse and I am often uncomfortable around men in that kind of situation, however, I never felt more comfortable with any gynaecologist. I strongly recommend him as long as you don't mind the wait and don't take life too seriously. I understand that others have concerns, however, I think it might be a difference of opinion if others had the same situation.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr Namis is an amazing doctor who is one of the few left in this city that actually cares about his patients. I am afraid for the future when he retires. He is extremely thorough and listens carefully to your symptoms. He never takes a chance on your health and well-being. I have seen some of the best specialists in Southwestern Ontario who were cold and dismissive. Dr Namis is extremely analytical and precise in his examinations and diagnoses. People need to be careful how they judge this man. Our health care system is extremely broken and the new generations of medical doctors are more interested in their status and pocket books than they are their patients. I worry for our children and those most vulnerable. If anyone is questioning whether they should see Dr Namis, stop wondering and start driving to his office!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

This man left me with a infected episiotomy that took 6 weeks to heal and recover from the pain and stitched me up like Frankenstein. A horrible job.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

I have been with Dr. Namis for 28 years. He has always been respectful, extremely patient and has alot of advice when I ask. I hear alot of complaints from other patients about the wait time - I have been on the other side of the reason we wait. He has done many surgeries on me and I am so grateful for him as my Doctor. As for Sue - can't ask for anything more. She is efficient and has never pushed my concerns aside and has always been very helpful. Thank you to both of you for wonderful care!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Namis for 3 years now - Not sure why people here are complaining about him and Sue (his Sec). I think she is sweet. I love Dr. Namis and his take care of you attitude. The wait time is terrible, however, well worth the wait for a great doctor!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I waited an hour and a half past my appointment time before they called me in. The receptionist was unhelpful and acted annoyed when I asked about a time frame. Will NOT be coming back.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

This man asked for my prescription narcotic medication so that he could "give it to someone more needy than me". Full story: I had been having problems with pain right around where my left ovary was. I made an appointment (on a Thursday or Friday) and as many others here have said, I waited hours. When I got into see him I told him about my pain and he did an examination. He ordered an ultrasound and sent me on my way. Over the weekend I had an incident where I had extreme pain right around where my left ovary was. My partner decided that I needed to go to the hospital. When I was seen by the ER doctor they ordered an ultrasound which was sent to Dr. Namis and gave me t3s for the pain. The doctor said it was an ovarian cyst and that I should be okay depending on the size. When I went to get the ultrasound results from Dr. Namis he lectured me about how I wasted my time going to the ER and that he had told me it was just a cyst. He had not. I was in extreme pain and scared so I did what I thought was right, I went to the ER. After being repremained by him I asked if there was something else he could give me for the pain because t3s make my head cloudy and I had a lot of school work to do. Then, to my surprise, he asked me for the t3s! He said "if you aren't going to use them then I'll give them to someone who needs them more than you". I told him that was illegal and he said "no it isn't, I'm a doctor!" after that I was flabbergasted. I didn't know what to say. He quickly rushed me out of the room and moved on to the next victim. The receptionist asked me if I'd like to schedule a follow up and I just laughed and said no. This man is not a good doctor. On several occasions he made me feel bad for requesting an STI check stating that "the government will wonder why you ask for so many!". Sorry for wanting to ensure my health by having regular check ups. I do not recommend this doctor. The wait times are horrible, he is crass, and he broke the law. There are many other gynecologists in Guelph. ANY OTHER DOCTOR WOULD BE BETTER THAN HIM.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr. Namis is the best doctor I have seen in ages, although the wait time was ridiculous (over 1 1/2 hours) he was so kind, caring and did not try to rush me out the door to see another patient. He was attentive and was the first doctor I encountered with a genuine heart.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Namis for a few months now. I have read through a number of ratings on this doctor. Most negative comments are regarding his wait times and his unorthodox bedside manner. I will agree the wait times of 2+ hours at least are a headache, however I also understand why he has wait times like that. I have been scheduled in to see him on more than one occasion within a week of making a call. I have gotten a same day appointment twice. He and his receptionist always do their best to fit me in. When in the appointment he takes his time and doesn't rush me or make me feel like an inconvenience. I've been brushed off by so many other doctors and another OB/GYN for years, often being misdiagnosed with UTIs and treated with antibiotics unnecessarily. I've only now been taken seriously by a doctor regarding heavy and long periods that I've always believed were not normal but were told were normal and a result of stress. Dr. Namis has shown genuine concern for my health and my quality of life. He got me in for imaging, surgery and follow up, always reassuring me that we'll get to the bottom on it. He didn't hesitate to get a second opinion or refer me to another specialist with specific knowledge of my disease and treatment options. As for his bedside manner, he is an odd one. Sometimes situations get a little awkward, but I appreciate his care. His yelling and excitement aren't to upset me or directed AT me per se, it's just that he's passionate.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

He's a butcher. Don't go to him. My dearest friend who is a lovely women was traumatized by this man.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016