Ratings for Dr. William Scantlebury

Absolutely horrendous doctor. Getting an appointment in a timely manner is almost impossible, the office is managed as if it is still the 1950's and accurate medical diagnosis from him is impossible. He misdiagnosed my wife multiple times and when a specialist in Nova Scotia realized this, tried in vain to speak with him and get him to make local referrals for treatment. When she went to a walk in clinic, the doctor didn't bat an eye as to the poor treatment and misdiagnosis by Dr. Scantlebury. If you want poor treatment, risking your health and dealing with someone who clearly doesn't care about his patients, he is ideal. If you want a doctor who actually adheres to the Hypocratic oath, "Do no harm," go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Dr Billy is my family Dr. . he has always made time for us. Spending over an hour recently to counsel my child and help us come up with strategies to progress towards a healthier family as a whole. I find its best to make an apointment with some detail and as far in advance as possible so that the nurse can be sure you will have the time required for your apointment. If visiting in the clinic as a clinic patient then I think.its right to expect you'll be treated quickly and as effiently as possible. In our experience, as a family Dr he devotes time to his families and the care both preventative and reactive to ensure good quality care. He has been our family Dr for over a decade servicing 5 of us with as much care and compassion as we ever needed from an ear aches to mental health concerns and care. I would certaunly recommend him to any and all families that are willing to take his professional advice, follow up and adjust proactive health plan when necessary, but not if you're after a quick fix magic pill. I

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

I was definitely not impressed with this doctor! He diagnosed me within a minute and prescribed a nasal spray instead of something to ease my symptoms. Now, several days later, I still feel miserable and will have to go to another clinic, since my family doctor is away. I will never go back to Dr. Scantlebury again!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

VERY unprofessional and Very rude. I don't know how he finished med school with his attitude. If we didn't have a doctor shortage he would not have his job.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

If I could, I would rate him ZERO STAR. He is just terrible. It seems that he is not even educated in medical school. He is not even listening to what I'm saying. I went to Sherwood walk-in clinic and unfortunately, he was the present physician. I just wasted my time waiting over an hour to see him. Now I need to see another doctor. Avoid him if you can.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Complete waste of time. Asked me irrelevant questions and barely looked at me.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

This doctor is someone who will take max 30 seconds to "diagnose" a patient. He lacks thoroughness and knowledge, and I doubt he was even educated. He tries to cram so many patients in, in such a short period of time, that he simply dismisses all of them with a prescription. He is inaccurate, lacks thoroughness, and if you are looking for quality care and recommendations about your health, I would avoid him like the absolute plague... Come on PEI. This is ridiculous.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

ZERO STAR RATING. An absolute joke of a doctor and should be removed of practice immediately. He couldn’t give his patients the time of day and screwed up a simple perscription refill that I have been taking for over 10 years. Avoid this “doctor” if that’s what he should be called. Not having a family doctor and waiting over an hour at the Sherwood Clinic to have to deal with this moron... never again.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I’m a 28 year old woman with an endocrine disorder where birth control is used as part of the treatment. I’m relatively new to the island and don’t have a family doctor so I went to him to get a new birth control prescription and to ask about a topical cream. He spent the 30 seconds he could spare for me with one hand on the door handle, refused to prescribe me proper birth control until I’d had an “on island” Pap test, and refused to even have a discussion at all about the cream until I had been on the birth control he wouldn’t prescribe for “at least a few months”. If I could give him zero stars I would. Avoid this “dr” like the plague. His reputation truly preceds him for a reason.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I’ve been his patient for over 10 years and have never had anything but positive experiences with him! He is very thorough and listens to what I’m there for and asks questions to gain further understanding. When explaining anything to me he is very clear and helpful and full of knowledge! Very fortunate to have him as a family doctor!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017