Ratings for Dr. William Scantlebury

I’ve been his patient for over 10 years and have never had anything but positive experiences with him! He is very thorough and listens to what I’m there for and asks questions to gain further understanding. When explaining anything to me he is very clear and helpful and full of knowledge! Very fortunate to have him as a family doctor!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

I agree with the comments below. He didn't seem to care what I had to say about what I was experiencing. He basically wrote me a prescription and left, without even telling me what the issue was. Turns out I had pneumonia. There were (surprisingly) no other patients waiting in the clinic, yet he seemed rushed and couldn't wait to get out of the exam room. Worst doctor I have EVER seen. I refuse to see him again.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Saw him once for a cold and he just gave me Nose spray. Went to another doctor and I had pneumonia. Went again this week for the same symptoms and again he gave me a nose spray and wouldn't listen to what I said. Avoid him if possible. I will not be going back to him even if I have to wait hours.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I saw him twice for the same issue. I've had fluid and pain In my ears for the last few years. First time he prescribed some spray because it could be my sinuses.. Which ok fine. I took the whole prescription and went back 2 months later to the clinic to get him again. I explained I wanted a referral to an audiologist and he refused and told me to try the spray again! You know. The one I just tried for over two months that didn't work. So I refused and persisted on a referral. I walked out with nothing. I just saw another doctor.. Dr Reid at sherwood clinic yesterday who was amazing and actually has the same issue as me and he said he understands how uncomfortable this Is and that I never should have been denied a referral. Judging by the other reviews.. He needs to retire...

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Dr. Scantlebury refused me access to care. I was told by 5 sources (1. Community Mental Health, 2. Crisis Line, 3. Private Practice Psychologists, 4. The Hospital, 5. Employment Counsellor) that I needed to go to a clinic and get a GP to make a referral to a Psychiatrist. I told Dr. Scantlebury that I was there for a referral and he told me he doesn't make those referrals and directed me back to Community Mental Health. When I told him that everybody else said my next step was a referral from him, his reply was "Why are you arguing with me when I'm telling you want to do?" I knew he was wrong. I came home, called Community Mental Health and they said "GO TO A CLINIC AND GET A GP TO MAKE A REFERRAL." So... Dr. Scantlebury refused me medical care.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Do yourself a favour and avoid this Dr. It has been my experience that he doesn't listen and disagrees with other Dr's diagnoses without knowing all the facts. Please have a heart and don't let your ego cloud an accurate diagnosis.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

A perfect example of a doctor who feels they've earned the right not to care any more. Does not advocate for his patients in the slightest. Does not provide outside agencies (i.e. insurance, WCB, etc.) with required information. Does not show up on time. "Dr. Billy" needs to retire yesterday.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr dinglebury is a waste of time. Might ado well go to the ER if your going to see him at a walk-in clinic as he will probably send you there anyway! Not helpful whatsoever in my opinion.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

A patient of Billie's for about 5 years, found he always had his hand on the door handle when you were in his office, his office staff Debbie needs to retire she has her favourite patients, have never called and got an appointment when needed always 2 weeks away but yet one of her favourites would get an appointment the next day. Does not ever take the patients needs seriously.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Totally useless and drain of tax payer's paid resources.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016