Ratings for Dr. William Scantlebury

Very friendly ,pleasant professional, Gets to the diagnosis quickly and listens to your concerns.Feel well taken care of at his clinic.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2018

I was him during a walk in clinic clinic. He came in after seeing other people first despite that I was suppose to be he first one. He asked what I wanted, I tried to give him a bit of imformation about what was wrong, a quick history of the problem and what I was hoping for. He never looked at me, never even acknowledge I was talking. I was asking questions about what he was prescribing and he didn’t listen to the questions, thus giving me wrong answers. Which I had to get him to clarify. He was in an out of my room in less than a minute. This made me feel stupid, unhelped and like he’d rather be doing anything else than helping me.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

I also have been a patient of Dr Scantlebury for many years. He does move quick but when his expertise is needed he always takes the time to offer care. The administrative assistant and receptionist is always pleasant and gets you in quickly if needed.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

I’ve been going to Dr. Scantlebury for 10 years and I’ve never had an issue! Not sure what some of the other rude comments were talking about at all. Not only is he very smart but he has a great personality. Would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Absolutely horrendous doctor. Getting an appointment in a timely manner is almost impossible, the office is managed as if it is still the 1950's and accurate medical diagnosis from him is impossible. He misdiagnosed my wife multiple times and when a specialist in Nova Scotia realized this, tried in vain to speak with him and get him to make local referrals for treatment. When she went to a walk in clinic, the doctor didn't bat an eye as to the poor treatment and misdiagnosis by Dr. Scantlebury. If you want poor treatment, risking your health and dealing with someone who clearly doesn't care about his patients, he is ideal. If you want a doctor who actually adheres to the Hypocratic oath, "Do no harm," go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Dr Billy is my family Dr. . he has always made time for us. Spending over an hour recently to counsel my child and help us come up with strategies to progress towards a healthier family as a whole. I find its best to make an apointment with some detail and as far in advance as possible so that the nurse can be sure you will have the time required for your apointment. If visiting in the clinic as a clinic patient then I think.its right to expect you'll be treated quickly and as effiently as possible. In our experience, as a family Dr he devotes time to his families and the care both preventative and reactive to ensure good quality care. He has been our family Dr for over a decade servicing 5 of us with as much care and compassion as we ever needed from an ear aches to mental health concerns and care. I would certaunly recommend him to any and all families that are willing to take his professional advice, follow up and adjust proactive health plan when necessary, but not if you're after a quick fix magic pill. I

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

I was definitely not impressed with this doctor! He diagnosed me within a minute and prescribed a nasal spray instead of something to ease my symptoms. Now, several days later, I still feel miserable and will have to go to another clinic, since my family doctor is away. I will never go back to Dr. Scantlebury again!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

VERY unprofessional and Very rude. I don't know how he finished med school with his attitude. If we didn't have a doctor shortage he would not have his job.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

If I could, I would rate him ZERO STAR. He is just terrible. It seems that he is not even educated in medical school. He is not even listening to what I'm saying. I went to Sherwood walk-in clinic and unfortunately, he was the present physician. I just wasted my time waiting over an hour to see him. Now I need to see another doctor. Avoid him if you can.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Complete waste of time. Asked me irrelevant questions and barely looked at me.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018