Ratings for Dr. Julia A. Melamed

A Consultant was involved in my case without my knowledge. on that basis in invasive tests were recommended which I undertook. the tests showed nothing. More invasive tests were recommended So I saw my own specialist, former head of gastroenterology at North Shore Hospital who had said that the tests were very unhelpful. He was being diplomatic and after review of My case he concluded I had a common dietary issue that could be helped with diet modification. This was brought to Dr. Malone needs attention. Shortly thereafter I received a letter from Dr. Malamed stating that I was no longer welcome in her practice. She Has since now added all kinds of fad diet and Lypo/body image Products to her practice possibly because of money and a poor General practice.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

I love Dr. Melamed she is very caring and knowledgeable. I love her staff they are very sweet and caring. 5 STAR!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2012

The worth medical office i was attending. Staff was really unhelpful specially Juanita Mirehouse(Model,Actress)with out medical background, rude and non honest, instruction what she giving to patients wrong or non specific clear, plus she is not following procedure guide before the treatment and also not provide instruction to the patients. I don,t understand how that person be able working in the medical field, also they brought new girl to train after 3 times training she will needs to work by herself without supervision. Who want to be patient in this office? They care just about money not about patients or result of their services and also they are overcharge the clients.

Submitted November 24, 2011

Dr Melamed is a empathy-less person who is only out for money. As others have stated, she controls refills to accumulate as many copays as possible. She doesn't listen, and has no care for a patient's situation. When I asked for a 90-day mail order refill on meds I have taken for many years, to maximize my copay, she said that we weren't communicating and ended our patient/doctor relationship. She said to just not come back, after going there for about 9 years. Her staff is ignorant and careless. Once her receptionist put through a hold on my debit card for $85, when my copay was $30. I couldn't access those funds for days, due to her carelessness. Dr Melamed has an air of superiority that is very condescending. She has ZERO bedside manner. If you are looking for an understanding, empathetic, caring doctor, Dr. Melamed is NOT YOUR WOMAN!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

Dr Melamed has always been a wonderful and knowledgeable Dr for me. In March 2010 she caught a high white count during my physical. I was not sick yet but well on my way. She hadme redo labs, sent me for test after test and saved my life. I had an enormous internal bleed accompanied by 4 large blood clots. I was 43 at the time. She spoke to the other Drs in the ER and made sure that I was taken care of by the best Hematologist in Chicago. I credit her with saving my life and I cannot believe the negative comments I see here.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

I started going to Dr. Melamed about 12 years ago (when I was 14!!!) way back when she was at her old practice. Dr. Melamed has always been nothing but very thorough, compassionate,and knows her stuff. She takes her time w/ you & I never feel rushed. I'm sad to see the negative reviews bc I have always felt in such good hands with Julia that despite moving from the burbs to the city 6 yrs ago, I still make the trek all the way up to Deerfield bc I refuse to find another internist. She truly does care about her patients. And has always managed to fit me in right away! Years ago I was struggling an eating disorder & had to see her for weekly weigh-ins/check-ups. I've since recovered but she always makes sure to ask me how I'm doing with everything and not just from a clinical stand point but bc she genuinely cares. I will admit I am not crazy about the reception at all! But otherwise the rest of the staff very friendly and personable. Personally, I think Dr. Melamed is one of the best.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

One of the most knowledgeable doctors I've ever spoken with, really has a passion for what she does. A+!!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2010

I like the staff, but the doctor not impressed. It seems like her main focus is money and what she is charging you. in order to refill meds she makes you pay for a 80.00 dollar office visit that is pointless. Takes vitals, and weighs you, then looks at you and tells you your overweight. She likes to only give you a med fill for 15 days then makes you come in and pay another 80,00 to refill the same pill. I dont like going there, but need the medication and dont want to start over with another doctor. The doctor to me acts like shes better then everyone else, and really could care less. The positive is I have lost some weight, but it has nothing to do with the doctor, but everything to do with the diet plan I follow and the meds. if you go her be ready to dish out a lot of money because thats what this doctor is out for.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2010

The tension in this office between Dr Melamed and her staff is unbearable! She is short and snotty to them, and they talk behind her back. Very unprofessional environment. The nurse was nice, but I am sure won't be there long.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

Waste of money, doctor perscribed medication (weight loss pills) but never examined me or did any tests. Found out pills where to correct thyroid problem, which I do not have. Dr's license should be revoked.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

Dr. Julia A. Melamed's Credentials

• Second Moscow Med Inst, Russian State Med Univ, Moscow, Russia (Grad. 1991)