Ratings for Dr. Wayne Rankin

I had this dr years ago. He sent me on my way with a letter stating he will no longer be my dr and all I think a family dr was is a referral to a specialist. ( he fired me as his patient) when in fact I did have some huge problems he couldn't diagnose. I had a huge lump in my throat I later find out to be a goitre and thyroid problems, along with a couple other things diagnosed almost immediately when seeing the new Dr.......... Rankin.....he did me a huge favour. I now have the best dr now for over 38 years and he listens and things are looked after right away.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Dr. Rankin has supported me throughout a lifetime of chronic pain. He has always been extremely knowledgeable and kind. I will always be appreciative that he encourages his patients to respect the medications he prescribes to them and for them to take personal responsibility with their health care. Dr. Rankin has been a great support and advocate for chronic pain patients like me. Thank you Dr. Rankin, you are going to be missed.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

This man ruined my life. He has no problem prescribing narcotics, in fact, they're his first go to!! I turned into a needy hurting, very black time in my life person. Also the other meds he prescribed made me lose some teeth it's a well known side effect of this popular drug. He's retiring in july 2018!!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I was seeing Dr. Rankin on a weekly basis, as I was unintentionaly dropping a lot of weight along with being extremely sick. He continually told me that it was because I was under a lot of stress and gave me numerous prescriptions. I continued going in to see him because even with all of the pills he had prescribed me I was becoming sicker & sicker. He still chalked it up to stress. I ended up collapsing at a store and was taken to the hospital. I stayed in the hospital for 8 days and found out that not only was i suffering from an extremely serious disease, the medication Dr. Rankin insisted I take was the absolute worst thing for someone with my condition to be given. I would've died had I not gone to the hospital due to his constant mis diagnosis of me. Afterwards​ i made an appointment to talk to him about what he had just put me through at the hospital. He ended up FIRING me as a patient through a letter which also read if I wanted my medical file I would have to pay him $200! Do NOT leave your life in his hands!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Have been seeing him since I was a child and have been misdiagnosed a few different occasions which later led to hospitalization. The staff can't seem to figure out how to work a fax machine, and three separate occasions I have needed referrals or requisitions sent and each time I have called back weeks later having not heard back about an appointment mentioned to learn that it was never sent. I have also been told that I need to book a different appointment for each topic I need to review with him which isn't practical especially when I have never been seen within 45 minutes of my appointed time.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr. Rankin is a good doctor but I do not like the fact that his receptionist wants to know exact reason why you need to see him. If it is something personal, I do not wish to tell the receptionist. I can see they need to weed out people who are actually wanting a physical versus a prescription renewal but please stop having receptionist ask for details of patient's problems! Asking what type of appointment you need would suffice.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

This doctor needs to retire . He is not knowledgeable about certain medications and what they could do to someone long term . When you question him about it he shrugs it off . If you press the issue further you will be asked to leave . When it comes to prescriptions anything you ask for he will give to you .All of these physicians have a vested interest with the pharmaceutical companies . Reps drop bye every other month to drop off samples for the doctor to push on his patients . Dr Rankin has tonnes of these samples. The problem is some of these drugs have devastating side effects long term and the patient suffers , the pharmaceutical companies get richer and the doctor is the one who unknowingly who is responsible due to the fact that he over prescribed them .If you care about your health and well being stay away from this individual.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Brilliant!! one of the most knowledgable Doctor's I have ever met. always a long consultation with lots of explanation given in layman terms that are easy to understand. He's quick to order any tests that are required and follows up by calling you back in to review them. Recent change of front desk staff have helped as well.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

From the last few phone calls I've made to make the appointment staff talked to me as if they were doing me a favor! They have extremely poor customer service. I don't expect you to be crazy friendly but come on. Dr.Rankin is very professional and friendly. He's been my Dr over 25 years and I know I'll need to change soon because him retiring at some point coming. However his staff makes me want to never go back there. It's a shame. There were two different ladies that were rude. One lady put me on hold very short tempered.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

I think Dr.Rankin is a good doctor and is great with my kids. I wish I could say the same about some of his staff.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011