Ratings for Dr. Arthur Swift

I had a rhinoplasty done by dr. Swift a few years ago and I love my nose. It's so natural that no one even noticed that I had a nose job. I just kept getting compliments on how great and rested I looked after I had the surgery, but people could not tell the reason why. Very nice dr.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Rhinoplasty 14December15 Please do not have this type of surgery with Dr. Swift. After 14 long months with all the research I have done and what I have gone through please go see a Rhinoplasty ENT doctor as they understand the function of the nose. What to expect after a Rhinoplasty? • 3 weeks of rest (Luisa his assistant will say, you can work within 2 to 3 days, this is absolutely a selling scam.) Reasons: • Cast on your nose for 1 week. • bruising and swelling up to 2 weeks • After removal of the cast severe acne on your nose as your pores are clogged and will form whiteheads with puss and very bloody • Lack of sleep up to 3 weeks The first week, every time you fall asleep immediately your throat will feel like a knife went through your throat because you are not able to close your mouth due to the swelling in the nose and the only way to breathe is out of your mouth. Having your mouth open will cause severe dryness. Perhaps 1 hour of sleep a night. It took about 3 to 4 weeks to have a good night’s sleep. Do you wear eyeglasses? If you wear eyeglasses you will not be able to wear them up to 6 weeks or more even though I was told 3 weeks which was another scam to sell. The reason why is because it takes up 6 weeks for the nose bridge bone to be heal. As well, no sports that may have face contact for up to 3 months. It took almost one year to not feel heaviness on my nose bridge. Until today sunglasses prescription are too heavy. I highly suggest you get a nose guard if you have issues wearing contact lenses. What I didn’t appreciate from Dr. Swift is early on something was not right I was extremely congested. He kept on giving me different sprays to a point I felt so dizzy and once again Luisa says it’s not the spray. There was cortisone and once I stopped using it a few days later it stopped. After 6 months he suggested I go see an ENT (ear, nose, throat specialist). 1st ENT denied servicing me further due to Nasal Valve Collapse 2nd ENT advised I do have Nasal Valve Collapse, enlarged Turbinate’s and scar bands. 3rd ENT advised all what Doctor number 2 said Please do not get a Rhinoplasty from Dr. Swift. After 3 doctors confirmed I have a NVC Dr Swift is still denying it and mentions that he spoke to Dr. Number 3 and said what I have is not complicated. I am up to Doctor #4 ENT who specializes in Nasal Valve Collapse. He confirmed as well I have a NVC. Basically, Turbinate’s are like Tonsils in your nose and the scars are from the surgery. Lucky after I had the turbinate’s reduced and the scar bands removed I was able to breathe better. For 11 months I was not able to do Yoga or sleep on a flat pillow and to a point I couldn’t kiss my boyfriend. After this procedure, I was able to breathe better. Unfortunately, the congestion persists due to the airway passage which is called Nasal Valve Collaspe. NVC- is very complicated surgery and only a few doctors specialize in this surgery, due to this failure of Dr. Swift making my passage too small and the valve collapse I have this horrible congestion. Doctor #4 wants to avoid fixing it as most times it is not a success surgery because basically you are correcting the mistake of another doctor and fixing it is the hardest because if they have to fix the mechanical part which may fail the esthetic might not be a great outcome. At this moment, he wants me to rinse 2 times a day, use cortisone at night for five months. He hopes that it will get better. If you have any questions please call me 514 497-1880. Please do you research well! My intuition told me to bail out as I decided to read his reviews 2 weeks prior my surgery and there is not one great review. Luisa convinced me otherwise, her job is too sell. Take this as a sign. I will give credit were it deserves he did want to see me on regular basis, I stopped as I didn't appreciate when he denied once again about the NVC after 3 doctors confirmed it. At this point, I took things in my own hands as I am the one who is suffering and has been compromised with my breathing. The outcome of my nose, not sure as the collapse as made it I am not sure what , but not perfect.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr. Swift is an excellent, caring doctor. His approach is to bring out the best "you", and less is more. He has worked with me on helping heavy acne scarring, and i wouldn't trust anyone else.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Swift is absolutely amazing. I had a breast reduction with him and I could not be happier with the results. He makes you feel confident that he will make sure you are happy with your results and ensures you are comfortable every step of the way. His staff are wonderful and he is always on time, if not early! Doing my surgery with him was the best thing i could have done. Couldn't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

J'ai depuis quelques années eu quelques chirurgies et injections avec ce fabuleux médecin ! Je peux confirmer qu'il est très professionel tout en étant très sensible à l'être humain qu'il traite . Il explique très bien et comprend nos attentes !! Il garde toujours le cap sur un embellissement naturel !! Je reçois toujours des compliments sur ma mine santé et combien il est surprenant que le temps n'a pas d'effet sur moi !! Mon secret je ne le dit pas mais je le dois à cet homme adorable ! et son équipe !! Je suis ces recommandations car il a toute ma confiance, maintenant que je le connais je sais qu'il fera ce qui est nécessaire pour conserver ma beauté naturelle . Merci Dr. Swift ainsi que votre bonne équipe !!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

I attended an Allergan conference in London today where he was speaking. Totally stole the show. Loved every minute of his talk. Very very inspirational .

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Many years ago I had a breast augemtation with Dr. Swift. And a couple of weeks ago I had a neck lift surgery with Dr. Swift. In between these surgeries I have gone to Dr. Swift for fillers. I can't imagine a better cosmetic surgeon. He is amazing and his staff is top notch.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I had a breast augmentation with doctor Swift and was really nervous about it. The whole staff made me super comfortable by giving me all the information I could need about it, I wasn't left in the dark. The after operation check ups are also really well done, they are always punctual. Wouldn't take another doctor for plastic surgery !!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

I had eyelid surgery which I am quite please with although the lines underneath my eyes still remain and that was one of the main reasons having gone through and spending that much money. Although I was told before and after pictures were to be taken, never happened......he is a great Doctor and I am now at a loss as to if I should go back and how much more money will be required to get rid of those lines??? I already went through the lazer and it did nada..........

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

He is truly amazing!!! Really took care of me today and made sure that I had all the help I needed, he has a big heart and truly cares about his patients! Just love love him.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr. Arthur Swift's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Arthur Swift attended McGill University in Montreal, achieving honours and high distinction in obtaining his Bachelor of Science Degree. Dr. Swift continued on to graduate with scholarships from the McGill University Faculty of Medicine, training both in England and the United States. He received his plastic surgical training in Montreal at McGill and then completed a fellowship in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Miami. Dr. Swift has been practicing the art of plastic surgery since 1984 and has served on the executive of several plastic surgical societies and international committees. Dr. Swift is presently in private practice in Montreal where his freestanding clinic is equipped with state-of-the-art technology. While Dr. Swift's medical school honours and board certifications attest to his knowledge, his surgical skill and dedication to patient care are the basis of his greatest recognition. A frequent lecturer, he has appeared on both local and national television and radio shows, and is regularly consulted and quoted in the print media.

• French
  • English

• McGill University (Grad. 1986)
  • University of Miami (Grad. 1987)

• In appreciation of the Grand Launch of Allergan and Juvederm in Indonesia, March 2014
  • Recipient of the 2009 Medicis Cosmetic Industry Award. Presented to Dr. Swift for his pioneering work and innovative techniques that have kept Canada at the forefront of aesthetic medicine.
  • Merz Aesthetics Expert Summit Instanbul 2014 - speaker

• Prostaglandin Research
  • Clinical trials of Hemaseel, Hemacure Corporation, 1999
  • The Mathematics of Facial Beauty: A Cheek Enhancement Guide for the Aesthetic Injector, in Injectable Fillers: Principles and Practice, Derek Jones editor, pp. 140-157, 2010 Blackwell Publishing
  • BeautiPHIcation: A Global Approach to Facial Beauty, Arthur Swift, M.D. and Kent Remington, M.D., Clin Plastic Surg 38 (2011) 347–377
  • 5-Star Technique for Malar Augmentation: Preliminary Experience with Novel Collagen-Based Filler, Marina Landau, M.D., Arthur Swift, M.D., Sarit Cohen, M.D., Journal of Dermatologic Surgery, 2010
  • An Open-Label, Pilot Study to Assess the Effectiveness and Safety of SGP-HA in the Restoration of Soft Tissue Fullness of the Lips, Nowell Solish, MD, Arthur Swift, MD, J of Drugs and Dermatology, Feb 2011
  • Barbed sutures for breast lifting (2008
  • Voluma Canadian Pivotal Study (2008-2009
  • Mathematical basis for facial beauty (2007- ); Voluma – FDA trial (2009-2012);
  • Ulthera – HIFU for facial skin tightening (2009- ):
  • Liposonix - HIFU for abominal fat reduction (2010 - 2011 )
  • Perlane-L for cheek augmentation (2010 - 2011)
  • Botox A – Crows Feet (2010-2012)
  • Combination Botox A and Juvederm for Facial Enhancement (2011 - 2012).

Medicaid / Medi-Cal