Ratings for Dr. Nazim Merchant

Worst practice ever! They make sick patients wait. Every time I call when one of my children is sick it's always the same excuse one dr on vacation and one is out on an emergency. Disgraceful. As far as I'm concerned they get 0 ratings in everything. They are useless and don't care about their patients.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I will not recommend this dr to anyone waiting is one and half hours bad customer service

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Merchant is the best, I love him! Staff was really nice and gentle. The physician spent time answering my questions.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

The office staff is horrendous. They have gotten progressively worse over the last two yrs we have been at this office. every time we go we wait for at least an hour. going to the doctor is an all day affair. and everytime I go they say I have some 'mystery balance' on my acct. there is always some unpaid fine due. they charge me co pays for well visits when my insurance pays 100% and claim my insirance will reimburse me. some of the doctors are ok. I do like dr.hala and dr.khaznadar. I recently took my 2yr. old to the office after vomitting and having diarrhea for 9days. they told me to wait it out and said she looked hydrated. 2 days later she was hospitalized for 3days due to dehydration. I need a 6mo check up for my daughter before our insurance changes and they are not helping me at all. every time I call they leave me on hold for a very long time and come back for two seconds with no answers. just leave me on hold and hope I will hang up. BEWARE!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

Dr. Merchant's office is really clean, I love that! Hygiene and medicine go together and talks a lot about a Dr. He is very knowledgeable and helpful! He has a way of calming me down and getting to the bottom of my kid's problem in a few min. I recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

Office staff was rude, disrespectful and openly unconcerned about any requests or questions by parents. I ws told my child was no longer a patient of Mr. Merchants office (changing primary doctor due to horrible experience) therefor my child was no longer of their concern. Today I have been hung up on, suspiciously disconnected and then put on hold for 25mins with an answer of oops she must not have seen you were on hold. I was talked over, called sweetie, hunny and every other name besides the one I was born with. Within a week my child was needed to be seen 4 times and saw a different doctor evey time whom of which came into the room having no knowledge of my childs previous visits and health issues. I had to regive information every time. I had to then drag answers out of the doctors and reqeust myself that my child have blood work done to decide which virus he had been infected with. To add to all my child was misdiagnosed even with blood work done. Horrible experience never again.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

Doctor is average. Seems to try to refer you to his friends or business partners in other practices. The people visiting the office are GHETTO. I was in for a surprise when I showed up there. Also, no separate area for sick kids. I am never taking my son back there.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Well, that was interesting... There waiting room is not baby proofed at all. The diaper changing station in the only rest room has no covers, sink dirty, toilette hadn't seen someone cleaning it either for quite some time. The staff showing a manner which you would expect from someone at the post office having had a really bad day- and those guys at least still try to serve you. The nurse? Don't even get me started... Can not rate the doctor because after having to wait for 30 minutes in a empty waiting room we decided to leave and look for a different pediatrician. Also makes me wonder why the good comments all of a sudden stopped quite a time ago. Did they do any changes to their business model, what happened???

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

The nurses are soooo unfriendly. There is a big TV in the waiting room, instead of toys. We were the only patients and had to wait 15min. In the back area the nurse asked some additional questions in a very rude manner. Than she asked me, to lay my baby on a scale with all her clothes on. I asked the nurse, how the weight can be correct, if my baby is still wearing all her clothes?! She looked at me and got back to her computer. No answer. THAT WAS TO MUCH AND WE LEFT. THAT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE WE EVER HAD!!!!!! But we got our Co pay back. IF YOU LOVE YOUR BABY, PLEASE DON'T GO TO DR. MERCHANT AT DR. PHILLIPS!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

This so called Dr. merchant is not in it for the children. he is in it for the money. Dr. Chan is rude and misdiagnosed my child so did Dr. Nazim merchant. Save yourselves the headaches and find REAL pediatricians.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011