Ratings for Dr. Randy B. Mandell

Dr Mandel is thorough and clear in his delivery of information. He takes all the time required to clarify comments or answer questions put forth. Dr. Mandel inspired a high degree of professional confidence in my visits. My interactions with Dr. Mandel have been for Physicals, Sleep Study initiation and follow-up. I would, perhaps, not recommend Dr. Mandel to a person who needs "hand holding". I find his manner very comfortable and genuine, but direct. When he walked into the exam room recently, after not seeing me for about 3 years, he recognised me and asked several question following up on both medical and person topics we had discussed before. His knowledge and awareness of my identity and details of our earlier conversations clearly showed a interest in me personally.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

It took me months to get an appointment for a sleep study. I found Dr. Mandell, though to be rude and condescending. Not only was he a little late for my appointment, but he seemed to blame ME for being late (I was 15 mins early). He also continuously looked at the clock behind me - as if I was a waste of his time - which made my 15 min appointment feel uncomfortably rushed. He seemed to already diagnose my visit before I even spoke, so the entire visit seemed like a giant waste of time for everyone. He's seen tens of thousands of patients over his career and I bet he's quite competent as a doctor, but his sub-par attitude and lackluster listening skills leave much to be desired. There are many other very good internal medicine doctors...this is not one I will visit again or recommend to others.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Appointments run very late. He goes in and out of exam rooms multiple times and leaves you waiting with no idea of when he will return. He is only interested in sleep medicine. Broke confidentiality regarding medical power of attorney. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr. Mandell is the best doctor I've ever seen. I started seeing him in 2003 when he was right around the corner and now I drive an hour to see him at his new office. He is personable, caring and knowledgeable. When my asthma flares up he calls me at home to monitor me. He's gone out of his way to help me with referrals for my special needs daughter. He's seen me when he's booked and once when the front desk said I was too late for my appt (traffic jam on freeway) he came out to the parking lot to find me and bring me back in to squeeze me into his schedule. He is careful in his observations, thoughtful in his treatments or prescriptions and refers me to specialists if he wants a second opinion. He really makes sure we are a team in any treatment. I would never want to see a different doctor and I've referred many people to Dr. Mandell.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010

Horribly rude. I have a lot to say, but a limited amount of space here. I have a sore throat and went into Dr. Mandell. I spent a good 45 minutes waiting in the room for him. He arrived about 10 min after the nurse left, told me he was going to go check the strep test and would be back in 5 minutes, but didn't show up for 25. He walked in, without sitting down, and while holding the door open, he told me it was negative and I should get sudafed. I told him I had been using it and it wasn't helping my sore throat. I asked him for rx cough syrup and he looked at me like I asked him for oxycontin. He left to write the rx (I heard him typing/printing - took 30 secs, but he was gone for 10 min) and when he came back he rudely told me "You know, I'm not going to refill this, you need to come back if you have problems" and did not tell me what he gave me or how to take it. Never going back to him.. waste of time and money, and I don't like being treated like a drug addict - I'm not.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

Dr. Randy B. Mandell's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1990)

AHC