Ratings for Dr. A. Khandelwal

I am writing this review, A) I've heard a lot of people contemplating if they should proceed with him as their Dr and B) in hopes that no one has to go through what I did with Dr Khandelwal. Right off the bat, I haven't seen this Dr for over 8 years, this due to the last time I seen him he changed my life forever. When I was 17 I woke up with the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I ended up having to go to the Brandon hospital for an emergency MRI. With the MRI coming back inconclusive, Dr Khandelwal decided it was best to go in for an emergency exploratory surgery to see what was going on. Upon coming out of the surgery, he advised my mom that during the surgery he had taken out my appendix just because he was in that area. The second thing he said, was while he was in surgery he found a cyst on my ovary that was double the size. He stated he wasn't sure if it ruptured before the surgery or doing he surgery but he cleaned up the "mess". A couple months post surgery I was having trouble with my periods and horrible horrible cramps (and I have a high pain tolerance). I get sent to an OB/GYN in Brandon and that's when I was informed that during the exploratory surgery, Dr. Khandelwal took out my ovary, my fallopian tube and scraped away parts of my uterus. Now it would have been different had he told me what he did but that fact is he didn't. When I got sent back to him for more post op care and tests, I asked him to confirm what he had done and again he said he just cleaned up the "mess". He didn't mention at all what that meant. I had told him what the OB/GYN said and he still didn't own up to what he did. I had asked him what the affects of the surgery would be when it came to me having children. This man, asked me if I played the lottery, to which I replied no. He then told me that I had a better chance at winning the lottery then every becoming a parent. Who in there right F**KING mind says that to a 17 year old and like that! Needless to say, I am now 26 years old and I am still dealing with issues today from that surgery back when I was 17 and I will have to continue having issues for a while to come I'm sure. I will NEVER recommend this Dr to anyone, nor will I see him again. If I am on my death bed and he was the last Dr to take care of me, you can plan my funeral because like I said, I will never see him again!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I recently had to find a new doctor as mine retired and I saw Dr. Khandelwal. On my second visit with him it was to do a preop for surgery and a physical. I have a chronic condition and when I asked him about doing a test he said that he did not understand my condition and that he did not care. His words, not mine. I asked him about a test my previous doctor had ordered (bleeding in the ovary) and he said that he didn't have time for that. I am looking for a new doctor and refuse to see this anymore. Maybe retirement? He is just taking up space for a new doctor that may care, want to help, and will try to understand an illness. On the first visit my husband and I went together and he was polite to him and answered his questions, but with me, he is rude, can't be bothered to even look at you, answer a question or two, or even be concerned about your test results. I am not sure how I can get the results of the ovary now but I will try the hospital who took the tests.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

A SURGEON SHOULD NEVER FORGET THAT THERE IS A PERSON AT THE OTHER END OF THE SCALPEL! EVEN WHEN I WAS WRITHING IN PAIN THIS DR. WENT ON CUTTING AND WHEN HE FINALLY STOPPED HE WAS EVEN UPSET. THANKS TO HIM I NOW KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE CUT INTO WITHOUT FREEZING. WHEN I TOLD A RN ABOUT WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO ME SHE INSISTED THAT I REPORT HIM. I WOULD HAVE TOO BUT TO WHAT END? IT WOULD NOT HAVE DELETED MY MEMORY OF THIS EXPERIENCE AND I DOUBT THAT ANYTHING MUCH WOULD HAVE CHANGED. THIS IS WHY I AM WRITING THESE WORDS, TO WARN OTHERS, BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU SEE THIS DR.!!! HE ALSO PERFORMS MAJOR SURGERIES AND SENDS PATIENTS HOME IN THE EVENING EVEN WHEN A NURSE SPEAKS OUT AGAINST THIS. HE DOES NOT CARE ONE BIT HOW THE PATIENT WILL GET BY AND WHO WILL LOOK AFTER THE PATIENT. AND HOW WOULD FAMILY MEMBERS KNOW WHEN COMPLICATIONS SET IN? THE PEOPLE THAT GET PAID FOR THIS ARE IN THE HOSPITAL, NOT IN A PRIVATE RESIDENCE. TERRIBLE UNCARING DR.!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

have had nothing but problems with this man. He constantly gives the elderly people a runaround. who monitors these doctors

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

Dr.K. has been my doctor for many years (I am 72) and I have always found him to be helpful, hopeful, a doctor first and a considerate human being. I recommend Dr. K. to anyone and to all of my friends. He is also a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2007

I find him to be very patient with the elderly and he makes sure that they understand their medical condition and what he is prescribing for them. VERY CONSIDERATE!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Dr. Khandewal has been my doctor off and on since i was a child and now i have two children of my own that see him. He is a very straigt to the point and honest and some patiens mistake this for being rude. I have had both good and bad experiances with Dr. Khandewal.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

Dr. Khandelwal is a very good surgeon. I ended up needing 4 abdominal operations, he did all 4 and there were no complications from the surgery. His manner is straight forward. He will tell what the problem is, what he is going to do, any options you may have, and he also makes sure that you have a good understanding of what is going to be done.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2007

Extremely knowledgable and efficient. A few generations of my family have used Dr. Khandelwal for various medical reasons and have been thoroughly satisfied. In fact, some members of my family may not be here today if it wasn't for the skill level exhibited by this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2007

He is a very straight forward dr., but he can be very kind. He delivered my second baby when my dr. was on holidays, and I couldn't have asked for better care. He was genuinely excited to be able to help with the delivery of another baby, and he treated me very well, and made me feel very safe.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2007