Ratings for Dr. Donald F. Nortman

Dr. Nortman has been my Doctor for 25 years.Dr. Nortman was educated at the Harvard Medical School and takes the time to listen you, review records, asks questions, answers questions, etc. Dr. Nortman is extremely thorough and has many patients with complex medical problems.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

I was referred by a friend to this doctor for 2nd option for my parent. The office manager was an older menopausal woman who had the worst attitude and office manner. She treated us horribly and purposely causing problems. I thought that she must either related to the doctor or she is the doctor's wife that she dare to talk to patient in such a way! You can tell the other office staff was following her direction and doing the same unprofessional things there. This doctor may have good skill or good, but with such horribly staff, it's very worry some. Not recommend anyone with serious health issue to see him!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr Nortman was rud and insitive to me. I have SLE Lupis and was very sick. He made rude remarks about my weight, and the way I spoke. He actually said he did not want to speak to me and would rather speak to my husband becaus I could not use medical terms. I was having a problem with Lupis brain fog at the time. He made me cry. The nurse said she was so sorry and did not know why he was acting like that. I will never go there again and I only hope that some day when he needs a doctor he gets one just like him. If Theese things had not happened to me I would have never believed it. This man has a God complex I wouldn't Reccomended him to anyone. How sad to behave that way when people trust you. Former patient Peggy R

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

Dr. Nortman completely neglected me. I was sick for several months and went to him on a recommendation. He did several hundred dollars worth of lab tests, then said he had no idea what was wrong with me and disappeared for two weeks. His staff said he was in court and couldn't be reached. I went to another doctor and was properly diagnosed with a chronic condition and am now on disability. I have filed a complaint with the Medical Board of California for Mistreatment.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

This M.D. Never answered one phone call. Told my mom his presence had cured her bloodpressure, then wrote a script for a hypotensive med anyway.When she hit the deck after taking it ,he was not available. When we visited he knew nothing about it and there was nothing in the notes . He also has a regular fill in office staff person, who acted towards mom as if her other career was in the prison system. My mom had to take tranquilisers to go near that office. (Stop laughing.This is true.) I stopped this charade as soon as i heard about it, and guess what ......he wasn't available then either. ENOUGH SAID.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

Dr. Donald F. Nortman's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1972)

AARP