Ratings for Dr. TIMOTHY D. Malone

DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO THIS DOCTOR! HE IS INTIMIDATING AND PUSHES MEDICATION VERSUS COGNITIVE THERAPY

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

This man should have his license suspended. I have looked him up on judicial index and he has a few cases where people tried to due but I guess his attorney got him off. He is rude and arrogant. He does NOT give his patient more than 2-5 min for an assessment. This should not be the norm for mental health. He is a DISGRACE to the profession!!!!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I went to Dr. Malone when I was very depressed and he listened to me and together we came up with a plan to help me. He did help. Greatly.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I wish I was making all this up, but unfortunately I'm not. 2 years ago My 15 y/o daughter was admitted into Palmetto Hospital with a 105 fever, flu like symptoms and delirium. They told us they were giving her an antibiotic but they gave her Risperdal which caused an adverse reaction resulting in psychosis. When questioned they balked before finally telling us what they did. Afterwards they had her committed to Palmetto Health Baptist Behavioral Care, saying her condition was "Mental". When we politely asked for a second opinion of our choosing, they said they would call the police if we didn't comply. The information they sent to Baptist on her condition was the reaction she had to the Risperdal, not the symptoms she came in with! At Baptist, Dr. Malone saw us for 10 min and concluded my daughter was Bi-Polar. We begged him and his team to do an MRI even at our own expense, but they refused. Instead, they gave her Abilify and told us to leave and come back every other day to see our daughter. We got an Attorney and requested they perform other tests (still emphasizing on an MRI). After 10 days of this, they FINALLY did an MRI which of course showed nothing, because whatever infection she had already resolved itself. The next day she was released from Baptist. We immediately had her file transferred and consulted multiple reputable physicians who concluded she had Encephalitis. They told us to take her off of the Abilify Dr. Malone prescribed, because Bi-Polar doesn't cause 105 fever and flu like symptoms. This whole experience was not only traumatic for us the parents, but it was very traumatic for our daughter to be told she was insane (with absolutely no family history of mental illness). We thought about filing suit and even one of the doctors we consulted said we would be well within our rights to do so, however we didn't want to go through anymore h*ll than we already did. This review is not only for Dr. Malone but for the whole medical experience. I hope this review can help others avoid this type of traumatic nightmare.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Absolutely terrible - I knew more about my child's meds than he did!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Malone was unprofessional when discussing my child and treatment during a phone conversation. He does not possess very good people skills, which makes me question his ability as a mental health professional.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Best psychiatrist. He seriously saved my life!!! Not kidding.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Staff is just adequate but Dr Malone has helped my son a great deal with his problem.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

I was disappointed in my experience with Dr. Malone. #1- don't EVER question his opinion or tell him that your last Dr. had a different opinion. He was uninterested in me or the symptoms I was having or at least it felt that way. He disregarded any prior professional opinions and was critical of my past Dr. when doing so. I thought he was unprofessional and I was not impressed. After several visits I looked for another psychiatrist. I wish I would have seen the reviews before seeing him.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

Excellent physician. Kind, caring, excellent bedside manner, knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone who needs his services.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

Dr. TIMOTHY D. Malone's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)