You may also like

Rate Dr. Yvonne Vasilie

Dr. Yvonne Vasilie's Ratings

After delivering, I was shaking uncontrollably (normal according to my mother who is a physician). She kept yelling at me to stop moving as she was trying to sow me up. Finally pulled out her tools and asked "if I wanted to come do this myself."
Extremely unprofessional

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2822246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I can't believe this model-wanna-be still has a valid medical license! After miscarrying very far into a pregnancy, I asked her what will be the plan should I fall pregnant again, she replied that she would do everything the same way! Well, following thorough investigation that was all my initiative, it turned out there were quite a few things that would have to be done differently!! Thanks to the best high-risk pregnancy team and anti-natal at the RVH, I was able to deliver a beautiful, healthy son. Had I been the type of person to not question authority and accept what she said, I would never have become a mother. That is my experience and my opinion. I no longer have anything to do with this ignorantly dangerous "Dr."-Good luck to anyone that still sees her. I only gave the staff one star as to not raise her ratings, but they were fine in all honestly.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2799335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Terrible expérience :( I went to see her after being referred by my doctor for really bad periods. She listened to me for about 2 minutes and told me nothing was wrong. She suggested I take Prozac or stop eating gluten. A few months later I become pregnant and during my first ultrasound they tell me I have GIANT cysts on both my ovaries over 10 cn large and also a rare uterine birth defect. I have spent my whole pregnancy of work due to high risk of complications which could have been solved easily had they been uncovered BEFORE I was pregnant. I will likely need a c section. It took all of two minutes to diagnose these problems with ultrasound which Dr V refused to send me for.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2791154].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Had a great experience with her for my first pregnancy and I'm pregnant with my second child and I like that the appointments are straight to the point. The doctor is not there to reassure me or to hear me complain or being insecure. Your husband and family are there for that. What good will it do to a person to have a stranger (Doctor) help you with your insecurities. I like the way she works, short and sweet and I'm not too late to go to work because of it. After the delivery I was annoyed of having nurses and doctors coming to see me as often as they did. Just wanted to rest and enjoy the moment with my baby and my husband and go home after. People have to stop depending on other to reassure them. We all have insecurities and we have to learn to deal with them by ourselves or go see a psychologist. Gynecologists or generalists are not there for that. If she tells you you worry too much, she knows what's she's doing so you're probably worrying too much. Good job Vasilie.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2696417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2015

Found out I was pregnant & immediately went out and did my research about which doctor was recommended in the area. Went in to the Brunswick Medical Center and the staff on the ground were super friendly and very helpful. Within 15 minutes I had my appointment for my 9th week of pregnancy with 'Dr Vasilie'. I knew it would take time to see a doctor so I was very thorough and acted quickly to secure an appointment. This is my first pregnancy and I'm not too young, so wanted to rest assured that I was being super organised.
I received a call re confirming my appointment 4 days before and then the day before, I received a call from the secretary informing me that the doctor does not take new patients. I was told the girl who booked the appointment made a mistake and no longer works there! Completely in shock I was then swiftly told that my appointment for the next day is cancelled and that I should find a doctor that can take me. End of story!
I'm now having to wait about TWO WEEKS before I can see another doctor, making it my 11th week of pregnancy! So much for the caring medical profession! And my rating above refers to the Doctor & entire Center! Thanks for the added stress!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2585205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

I would seriously find a different doctor if it’s possible. She delivered 2 of my children. The first time she happened to be the Dr on call when my water broke and she performed a c-section as my baby was breach. The delivery was fairly uneventful except she never came to see me post-op and let me know that she cut my baby when the incision was made. The pediatrician who came to see the baby never mentioned anything either; however, he had a peek under a band aid that was covering the cut. I had no idea as it was my first child and my first c-section. I only came to realize much later when my child started to really show a scar that kept growing with her. On a much later follow up appointment, I questioned what had happened and she coldly replied, “it happens”.
I ended up needing her to follow me during my next pregnancy as my OBGYN (a former member of her team) was no longer allowed to deliver babies due to incompetence! Every appointment was rushed. She even commented one time how I was the 60th or 70th patient that day as I was her last appointment and she wanted to leave. I always felt stressed when I was being seen because I could see that she was impatient. Her main reply to most of my questions was that I worry too much. I had a couple of miscarriages as well so I was naturally anxious. Finally I had another c-section which had been planned...she thought I was going to have a huge baby but ends up the baby was average just over 7 lbs. It was a terrible experience emotionally. It didn’t help that I had a scary experience with the anesthesia but also that Dr. Vasilie yapped on and on about her personal life with the person across from her and near the end after she finished stitching me up, everyone seemed to leave and no one was left to reassure me everything was alright. Once again, I never saw her post-op so I cannot rate her bedside manners. Although one Dr. from her team came to see me and I didn’t even know she was a Dr. until the pediatrician who was there commented on how terrible it was that she didn’t even identify herself.
I don’t care how many times she has answered the same question or performed the same surgery, her patients deserve an answer without attitude. One time I was heading to an examination room as she was leaving it spraying some air freshener and complaining how her last patient stunk. Do I need to say how completely unprofessional that is. I guess it would take too much effort or too much time to be polite and respectful. If you think she is a great Doctor, it is unfortunate because you have never had a great Doctor!

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2584878].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

competence c'est ou elle va, les rendez-vous sont rapide et l'attente presque
nul. Elle repondra volontier a vos questions mais preparer les car les visites sont rapide.. Pas un medecin pour vos rassurer et coucouner elle est directe et expeditive.. Moi je l'ai bien aimer c'est rapide et direct on a l'heure juste avec elle

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2524413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

Horrible doctor. Rude and condescending.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2508723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

As a new patient of Dr Vasilie I can say that I am very pleased, she is always smiling and is very nice to me. The staff is great too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1651518].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

I was transferred to Dr. Vasilie for the last month of my pregnancy by my OB/GYN. I only went to the clinic once and though I waited for a long time, I can't say if it is always the case there. My last appointments were at the ambulatory center of the hospital and I never waited more than 15 minutes. I found her nurse and receptionist to be great. Though it is true that the appointments are not long (I assume she checks what needs checking) she will take the time to sit down and talk to you if there is an issue. She is a very busy doctor and has lots of patients so don't expect her to spoon-feed you information. She will, however, gladly answer any questions you do have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1651517].votes_count ]]