Ratings for Dr. Yvonne Vasilie

Absolutely AWFUL Doctor!! I went in to seek some advice on getting pregnant, I have very irregular periods, possible pcos, so I know it will be a challenge and will take time. The only thing she could focus on was my weight! I know I need to lose weight for a healthy pregnancy, I admitted that, but I don't deserve someone telling me I need to go on weight watchers, lose half my weight (which would make me dead) and eat no carbs because she doesn't eat carbs, even during her trip to Paris. I have also NEVER had a doctor tell me exercising was pointless, nor had someone assume I can only do 10 minutes before no longer being able to breath. So insulting!! I'm already working on my weight, I need help with my actual problems in that area. She was full on condescending because I was over weight. She told me not to bother even trying for at least a year or two until I lose weight, if I did I would either have a miscarriage or the baby would DIE inside me!! Who says that?!? I only wish I had known about these reviews earlier, I would never have gone.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

My experience with Dr. Vasili was terrible. She was my GYN for four years. I was warned by a fellow patient in the waiting room on the day of my first visit that she can be abrupt. I met her and thought she was professional and no nonsense. I don't mind that. Then, I got pregnant. Her demeanour changed. She didn't seem to have time for questions. I always felt like I was being rushed out the door. On my last visit with her, I told her that there was an issue with how I was informed about having gestational diabetes. At first she listened, then, she went OFF. She got incredibly self-defensive and argumentative. She talked over me, interrupted me and talked down to me. She told me that I was being overly emotional and sensitive. Imagine that, at 8 months pregnant! She said that she was used to having a good relationship with her patients and if this was how things were going to be, I should find another doctor in the practice. I guess for her, a good relationship means never questioning anything she says or giving any constructive critique. My husband and I sat there with our mouths hanging open. She essentially dumped me as a patient over my feedback about an administrative issue that didn't involve her directly. Fortunately, we found a wonderful doctor through the diabetic clinic at the Vic. I am so grateful that she never got to put her hands on me again. It was traumatizing at best. The stress we experiences because of her was incredible. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR. BRUNSWICK MEDICAL CLINIC AND LAKESHORE HOSPITAL HAVE SOME SERIOUS HOUSE CLEANING TO DO!!!!!!! They need to start with her.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

She followed my 2 pregnancies, but I did not deliver with her as she was not on call at the time. She is always punctual, to the point, she doesn't have time to chit-chat and hold one's hand. If you have questions, you better write them down and ask her when you have your appointment.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Unpleasant and anxiety causing experience. Avoid this doctor at all cost. I am an MD myself.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Le pire dr que j'ai jamais vue dans ma vie elle a accoucher ma femme pour sa première grossesse pis c'était la misère noire elle écoute pas quand tu parle pas de respect et pend and l'accouchement son comportement avec ma femme étais terrible elle a même pas donner ma femme le temps nécessaire pour l'accouchement elle a tiré ma fille avec le ventouse ce qui a causé par après une fracture pour ma fille dans Son épaules pis des problème avec son pied bref je conseil personne par cette personne la surtout pour un première accouchement parce que la ma femme est peur de tomber enceinte une autre fois bref si vous vouler trouvez un autres médecin vous êtes mieux de checker le commentaire sur Google avant ce que mois j'ai pas faite avant de choisir cette catastrophe la

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

The best dr in the west island for surgery in the lakeshore, she knows about it, she is very courteus and fast , she knows how to manages her time in appointments, best experience in my life in Canada.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

She is a very bad doctor . She does not have any patience and she ignores the patient .

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Terrible. No bedside manners. Wont listen to the reason you're their in the first place.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Worst experience with her ever!!! I have no idea how this person has a medical license! Went to her describing how I have irregular periods, sudden weight gain, and unable to lose it even with hard core exercise, and acne appearing, she assumed its PCOS, and when I told her alright what are we going to do about it, she quote "well if your not planning on having kids, go back on the pill you've been on for the past years, and when you'll want some we'll figure it out, for your weight gain, just exercise a little harder, for your acne just go get a facial" I was devastated!!! After consulting another gyno, who told me what she told me made absolutely no sense, made me do an echo to actually make sure I have PCOS, changed my pill to one that would help reduce my acne and gave me a medication to control my insulin levels in order to lose weight!!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I don't know how this person still holds a medical license. This was by far the most unprofessional, unpleasant, disgusting experience I've ever had in a medical context. She reproved me for not having had kids yet at my age (34) and proceeded to tell me that women like me cause all sorts of complications for medical personnel when we insist on having babies later in our thirties. Who asked you for your opinion?? And what kind of backwards environment did you grow up in? Apparently one where women don't have rights and freedom to make their own choices. I was only there for a regular check up + pap test, not to be scolded like a child because I'm not living my life the way some doctor thinks is best. She was completely annoyed and frustrated with me the entire time even though I barely said a word. Then she proceeded with the pap test and, no surprise, hurt me so badly in the process due to being so rough. I left there at 2:00pm and had major cramps until I went to bed that night. Had to spend the entire evening on the couch in pain. Pathetic excuse for a doctor who is drunk on power.....http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=12995e97-244e-4042-94ea-d236a45d650f

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016