Ratings for Dr. Douglas Savelberg

My elderly mother was going to him to keep track of a condition with a blood vessel in the back of her eye. He decides to do tests unrelated to the condition and next thing you know he is writing unfavourable reports to her doctor and the ministry of transport. He causes unnecessary stress and hardship all in the name of his "duty" with no understanding or care for what the patient really needs. For everyone out there please remember you are sick until proven healthy in this province. Ask questions, know what tests are being performed on you and their consequences. I also found the office very amateur. The same person can be at the front desk, doing your Fields test and selling you frames. Professionals maybe? Surely he makes enough from the government with all these extra tests.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

The staff are knowledgeable and courteous . The doctor is helpful and and makes you feel safe and informed . The prices are fair and quality excellent .

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I highly recommend him to everyone I know. He is very nice and knowlegeable.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Been coming here since he opened in Belleville. Doctor is always kind and caring. Takes the time to explain things to you even if he is running late. Lots of frame choices but they never push you to buy or update if you don't need to. Lovely office too.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

I have been going to this office for a number of years and find the cost of glasses I purchase to always be less than what I would have paid at the chain retail stores. Yes the exam costs and other special tests may seem a little high, but what isn't these days. I find my dog's vet expensive. My kids orthodontist expensive... etc. I find you get what you pay for. In summary, I would not change my yearly visits, because I know I am getting good quality care.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Need to take charge cards for such high amounts for visit and glasses

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Very helpful staff. Bright and modern facility. Dr. very knowledgeable and willingly gives further explanations when questioned. Have gone for over 20 years and will continue to.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Maybe some of the other reviewers caught the staff on a "good day" because they are always miserable when I am there. you can hear them gossiping while you wait in the tiny waiting room and it is very uncomfortable. Dr Savelberg is nice and polite, but this is not reflected in his staff. I have going to this office regularly as I have diabetic retinopathy, and I am never taken in at my appointment time. They also sell glasses but they are outdated and overpriced, it's worth it to shop around.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Great staff very knowledgable dr is very thourough

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Lovely doctor, lovely staff! I really can't complain!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014