Dr. Jonathan S. Hott

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jonathan S. Hott

After decades of working in lumber mills and machine shops and being an advid runner I had severe pain in my hips and legs and thought I needed hip replacement surgery. The hip specialist checked me out and said it wasn't my hips and sent me for an MRI. The diagnosis was severe spinal senosis in my neck and lumbar. I always research doctors thoroughly and only will consider those who have written reviews. Dr. Hott had great reviews so we gave him a call. I was told it would be awhile before I could be seen. They asked if I'd had a recent MRI for the Dr to look at. They called later that afternoon and said the Dr wanted to see me the next day! Dr Hott was friendly, professional and whip smart. He thoroughly explained what was going on, options and patiently answered my questions. Sometimes several times over if I needed. I was in surgery within 2 weeks for my cervical stenosis. The DR met with my wife and I prior to surgery and checked to see if we had any questions. We were very comfortable and confident with him and his skills. Especially when several of the OR nurses said we had one of the best surgeons. The surgery was very successful and I was home the next day. That was last year. I just completed the surgery for the lumbar stenosis 2 weeks ago. Same wonderful experience. I'd also like to mention Kathy, his PA. She was always available to talked to me whenever I called. She is professional, personable and very efficient. I would highly recommend Dr. Hott. Just a note, I've never reviewed anyone before but felt compelled to do so for Dr. Hott and his staff

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. Hott is my HERO! After years of debilitating lower back pain, I was referred to Dr. Hott, who after spending time explaining the procedure, I had it done June 5, 2018 and cannot be happier with my results. Pain free and can do almost everything I had done years ago. Thank you Dr. Hott

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

He really performed a miracle for me Went in surgery with paralyzed arm came out just perfect

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

I am in the medical field and know how increasingly difficult it is to find a good surgeon. I was involved in a car accident about 5 years ago in which one of my vertebrae was pushed up against my spinal cord. It wasn't an emergency where it needed to be fixed right away. I also had injuries associated with age and lifting. Over the last 5 years my mobility and pain worsened. By the time I came to Dr. Hott I was a mess. It has been about 2 months since I had my cervical fusion and I cannot believe how great I feel! Not only is the sharp nerve pain gone, but my muscle tension and spasms have stopped as well. I couldn't be happier. And not only is Dr. Hott skilled and experienced in the operating room, he has a great bedside manner as well. I would absolutely recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

I sought 4 doctors' opinions including neurosurgeons and orthopedic (spine) surgeons. I chose my life changing surgeon Dr. Hott because 1. He spent a lot of time helping me understand what was causing my pain (ruptured L5-S1) 2. He explained valid options to achieve the most success for my condition 3. He is trustworthy and shoots straight with you 4. His bedside manner was the best I have ever had!! 5. After he did my anterior lumbar fusion, the recovery was exactly as he explained. He was effective but gentle. 6. I feel the best I have ever felt since my back problems began!!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

I Highly Recommend Doctor Hott! I had suffered with lower back pain for 40 years. Doctor Hott was recommended to me by my pain doctor. After speaking with Doctor Hott, I made the decision to have him fix my L1 thru and including L5 vertibre. December 19th I had the surgery done and I felt wonderful. To anyone who is looking for a terrific and caring neurosurgeon to work and fix your spine or neck Doctor Jonathan S. Hott is the surgeon to contact. He is Wonderful!!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

5 years of pain in my neck, shoulders, fatigue in the arms, dropping things out of my hands, etc... I wish I would've done the surgery sooner. Youtube these surgeries. There isn't anyone on there stating not to do it. Expect sometime to heal. You'll have good and bad days.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

My husband needed repeat cervical neck surgery. We had been told by our PCP that the surgery would be very delicate and complicated. As a RN for over 30 years I knew finding the best surgeon would be essential for a positive outcome. As I began to check for qualified surgeons Dr. Hott's name came up repeatedly as one of the best. We were pleasantly surprised with how much time Dr. Hott took to explain everything and always checked to make sure we were understanding or answer any questions we had. He, and all of his office staff were friendly, kind, compassionate and helpful throughout the pre, and post surgical period. My husband's pain went from almost unbearable to NO PAIN at all and it's been almost a year. Thnak-you Dr. Hott and everyone in your office.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Dr. Hott performed a laminectomy and microdiscectomy on my back in October 2017. All the pain I went in with is gone! From the moment I first met with Dr. Hott, I knew that he was the one I wanted to perform this surgery. Very knowledgeable, very approachable, and very involved throughout the whole process. I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

After years of Progressive Vertebrae damage that created debilitating nerve pain and, muscle loss; Dr Hott performed an ACDF on my C4-C7 vertebrae! My entire experience with Dr Hott was 5 Star from start to finish! Dr Hott was Compassionate ,Caring, Detailed, and Confident that he could help me return to a healthy and active lifestyle! HE DID! Today, 6 months post surgery and PT, I am pain free and back to hiking, traveling, and pace walking! Dr Hott is a very skilled neurosurgeon! He detailed out what to expect and what the risk were along the way, but based on Dr Hotts' experience, knowledge and prior patient reviews, I knew I was in VERY skilled and capable hands! I was amazed by how quickly my pain diminished, and how quickly I was able to return to my normal active life! I attended the Pre-Surgery seminar which I found to be very helpful! I followed all the Do's and Don'ts - (no bending-lifting etc) - and now (6) months post surgery I feel Great - thanks to Dr Hott's talented hands and skill sets! Thank You Dr Hott!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr. Jonathan S. Hott's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)
  • Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1998)

UnitedHealthcare