Dr. Jonathan S. Hott

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jonathan S. Hott

After decades of working in lumber mills and machine shops and being an advid runner I had severe pain in my hips and legs and thought I needed hip replacement surgery. The hip specialist checked me out and said it wasn't my hips and sent me for an MRI. The diagnosis was severe spinal senosis in my neck and lumbar. I always research doctors thoroughly and only will consider those who have written reviews. Dr. Hott had great reviews so we gave him a call. I was told it would be awhile before I could be seen. They asked if I'd had a recent MRI for the Dr to look at. They called later that afternoon and said the Dr wanted to see me the next day! Dr Hott was friendly, professional and whip smart. He thoroughly explained what was going on, options and patiently answered my questions. Sometimes several times over if I needed. I was in surgery within 2 weeks for my cervical stenosis. The DR met with my wife and I prior to surgery and checked to see if we had any questions. We were very comfortable and confident with him and his skills. Especially when several of the OR nurses said we had one of the best surgeons. The surgery was very successful and I was home the next day. That was last year. I just completed the surgery for the lumbar stenosis 2 weeks ago. Same wonderful experience. I'd also like to mention Kathy, his PA. She was always available to talked to me whenever I called. She is professional, personable and very efficient. I would highly recommend Dr. Hott. Just a note, I've never reviewed anyone before but felt compelled to do so for Dr. Hott and his staff

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

My experience with Dr. Hott has been nothing but positive. I'm a 49 year old male who was experiencing severe nerve pain in my left arm. The pain was intense and it caused me to be miserable and unable to sleep for a little over a month. I met with Dr. Hott and discussed my situation and we went over the MRI. I had a severely herniated C-7 disc along with 2 mildly herniated discs. (C-5, C-6) The decision was made to move forward with a C 5-7 fusion. Dr. Hott took his time and explained everything in layman's terms which made it all easy to understand. He went over what to expect before, during, and after the surgery. After completion of the fusion, I had immediate pain relief and have not had any pain since before the surgery. I can not say enough good things about Dr. Hott and his excellent care and wonderful bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Hott for any type of spine issues.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2018

After getting an MRI and consulting with an orthopedic surgeon, it was determined a cervical discectomy was the only way to relieve the pain and/or numbness in my left shoulder, arm, and hand. At the recommendation of my wife, an RN with Honor Health, and her co-worker nurses who had or knew of someone that had similar procedures successfully done by Dr. Hott I consulted with him for a second opinion. After a couple corticosteroid injections by a pain management physician, in addition to physical therapy to try to relieve the pain without surgery, I decided to have the cervical discectomy with fusion done by Dr. Hott. The result could not have been any better. All expectations and processes were fully explained by Dr. Hott and his professional staff. The pressure on the nerve from the herniated disc is gone, and so is the pain. My left hand was stronger immediately after surgery and only some numbness remains in my left pinkie finger which may go away altogether. Overall I am very satisfied and happy I had Dr. Hott do this procedure. Everything went well. Minimal pain, quick recovery, very small scar which is hardly noticeable. I admit I was a bit worried about the the outcome. For something like this you want the best neurosurgeon and I highly recommend Dr. Hott.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2018

Dr. Hott is my HERO! After years of debilitating lower back pain, I was referred to Dr. Hott, who after spending time explaining the procedure, I had it done June 5, 2018 and cannot be happier with my results. Pain free and can do almost everything I had done years ago. Thank you Dr. Hott

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

He really performed a miracle for me Went in surgery with paralyzed arm came out just perfect

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

I am in the medical field and know how increasingly difficult it is to find a good surgeon. I was involved in a car accident about 5 years ago in which one of my vertebrae was pushed up against my spinal cord. It wasn't an emergency where it needed to be fixed right away. I also had injuries associated with age and lifting. Over the last 5 years my mobility and pain worsened. By the time I came to Dr. Hott I was a mess. It has been about 2 months since I had my cervical fusion and I cannot believe how great I feel! Not only is the sharp nerve pain gone, but my muscle tension and spasms have stopped as well. I couldn't be happier. And not only is Dr. Hott skilled and experienced in the operating room, he has a great bedside manner as well. I would absolutely recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

I sought 4 doctors' opinions including neurosurgeons and orthopedic (spine) surgeons. I chose my life changing surgeon Dr. Hott because 1. He spent a lot of time helping me understand what was causing my pain (ruptured L5-S1) 2. He explained valid options to achieve the most success for my condition 3. He is trustworthy and shoots straight with you 4. His bedside manner was the best I have ever had!! 5. After he did my anterior lumbar fusion, the recovery was exactly as he explained. He was effective but gentle. 6. I feel the best I have ever felt since my back problems began!!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

I Highly Recommend Doctor Hott! I had suffered with lower back pain for 40 years. Doctor Hott was recommended to me by my pain doctor. After speaking with Doctor Hott, I made the decision to have him fix my L1 thru and including L5 vertibre. December 19th I had the surgery done and I felt wonderful. To anyone who is looking for a terrific and caring neurosurgeon to work and fix your spine or neck Doctor Jonathan S. Hott is the surgeon to contact. He is Wonderful!!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

5 years of pain in my neck, shoulders, fatigue in the arms, dropping things out of my hands, etc... I wish I would've done the surgery sooner. Youtube these surgeries. There isn't anyone on there stating not to do it. Expect sometime to heal. You'll have good and bad days.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

My husband needed repeat cervical neck surgery. We had been told by our PCP that the surgery would be very delicate and complicated. As a RN for over 30 years I knew finding the best surgeon would be essential for a positive outcome. As I began to check for qualified surgeons Dr. Hott's name came up repeatedly as one of the best. We were pleasantly surprised with how much time Dr. Hott took to explain everything and always checked to make sure we were understanding or answer any questions we had. He, and all of his office staff were friendly, kind, compassionate and helpful throughout the pre, and post surgical period. My husband's pain went from almost unbearable to NO PAIN at all and it's been almost a year. Thnak-you Dr. Hott and everyone in your office.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Dr. Jonathan S. Hott's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)
  • Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1998)

UnitedHealthcare