Dr. Jonathan S. Hott

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jonathan S. Hott

After decades of working in lumber mills and machine shops and being an advid runner I had severe pain in my hips and legs and thought I needed hip replacement surgery. The hip specialist checked me out and said it wasn't my hips and sent me for an MRI. The diagnosis was severe spinal senosis in my neck and lumbar. I always research doctors thoroughly and only will consider those who have written reviews. Dr. Hott had great reviews so we gave him a call. I was told it would be awhile before I could be seen. They asked if I'd had a recent MRI for the Dr to look at. They called later that afternoon and said the Dr wanted to see me the next day! Dr Hott was friendly, professional and whip smart. He thoroughly explained what was going on, options and patiently answered my questions. Sometimes several times over if I needed. I was in surgery within 2 weeks for my cervical stenosis. The DR met with my wife and I prior to surgery and checked to see if we had any questions. We were very comfortable and confident with him and his skills. Especially when several of the OR nurses said we had one of the best surgeons. The surgery was very successful and I was home the next day. That was last year. I just completed the surgery for the lumbar stenosis 2 weeks ago. Same wonderful experience. I'd also like to mention Kathy, his PA. She was always available to talked to me whenever I called. She is professional, personable and very efficient. I would highly recommend Dr. Hott. Just a note, I've never reviewed anyone before but felt compelled to do so for Dr. Hott and his staff

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I Highly Recommend Doctor Hott! I had suffered with lower back pain for 40 years. Doctor Hott was recommended to me by my pain doctor. After speaking with Doctor Hott, I made the decision to have him fix my L1 thru and including L5 vertibre. December 19th I had the surgery done and I felt wonderful. To anyone who is looking for a terrific and caring neurosurgeon to work and fix your spine or neck Doctor Jonathan S. Hott is the surgeon to contact. He is Wonderful!!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

5 years of pain in my neck, shoulders, fatigue in the arms, dropping things out of my hands, etc... I wish I would've done the surgery sooner. Youtube these surgeries. There isn't anyone on there stating not to do it. Expect sometime to heal. You'll have good and bad days.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

My husband needed repeat cervical neck surgery. We had been told by our PCP that the surgery would be very delicate and complicated. As a RN for over 30 years I knew finding the best surgeon would be essential for a positive outcome. As I began to check for qualified surgeons Dr. Hott's name came up repeatedly as one of the best. We were pleasantly surprised with how much time Dr. Hott took to explain everything and always checked to make sure we were understanding or answer any questions we had. He, and all of his office staff were friendly, kind, compassionate and helpful throughout the pre, and post surgical period. My husband's pain went from almost unbearable to NO PAIN at all and it's been almost a year. Thnak-you Dr. Hott and everyone in your office.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Dr. Hott performed a laminectomy and microdiscectomy on my back in October 2017. All the pain I went in with is gone! From the moment I first met with Dr. Hott, I knew that he was the one I wanted to perform this surgery. Very knowledgeable, very approachable, and very involved throughout the whole process. I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

After years of Progressive Vertebrae damage that created debilitating nerve pain and, muscle loss; Dr Hott performed an ACDF on my C4-C7 vertebrae! My entire experience with Dr Hott was 5 Star from start to finish! Dr Hott was Compassionate ,Caring, Detailed, and Confident that he could help me return to a healthy and active lifestyle! HE DID! Today, 6 months post surgery and PT, I am pain free and back to hiking, traveling, and pace walking! Dr Hott is a very skilled neurosurgeon! He detailed out what to expect and what the risk were along the way, but based on Dr Hotts' experience, knowledge and prior patient reviews, I knew I was in VERY skilled and capable hands! I was amazed by how quickly my pain diminished, and how quickly I was able to return to my normal active life! I attended the Pre-Surgery seminar which I found to be very helpful! I followed all the Do's and Don'ts - (no bending-lifting etc) - and now (6) months post surgery I feel Great - thanks to Dr Hott's talented hands and skill sets! Thank You Dr Hott!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr. Hott performed my spinal fusion . I was impressed by him every step of the way. He is friendly, personable, spent as much time with me as needed, and never made me feel rushed. From the minute I stepped out of bed the evening of the surgery, I felt immediate relief of symptoms that had been torturing me for over a year. He truly gave me my life back and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing spinal surgery.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Hott by my PCP for extreme back pain with numbness and pain down my right leg and loss of feeling in big toe. Dr. Hott explained all of my options and also the most likely outcomes and expectations. Dr. Hott performed a microdisectomy of my L4/L5 lumbar spine and fragmentectomy to decompress my nerve root. I am approximately 8 weeks after surgery and about to return to work in a couple of weeks. I have not felt this good in about the last 3 years regarding my back and leg issues. Dr. Hott and his staff are EXCELLENT!!! Thank you all for getting me back to my life!!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Not only is Dr Hott a great surgeon, he also has a wonderful bedside manner!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Hand immediate results from the surgery when I woke up. He is an outstanding surgeon and has a great staff!!!!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Dr. Jonathan S. Hott's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)
  • Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1998)