Ratings for Dr. Michael L. Levy

He performed my son's brain surgery when he was one week old and although I assumed he did a good job and NO complications, because that is what he told us, we realized 6 months later it didn't work because he ended up needing another one (of course we got a better doctor for the second one) and the whole time under his care fell through the cracks which is why it took us 6 months to figure it out and it was another doctor who realized it, thank God my son was seeing several other doctors. Post-op from Dr. Levy's surgery he was admitted which we were told before surgery would probably not happen unless complication (which he said were none) so we ask Dr. Levy why? and his response was we (the parents) were not ready to take him home based on how I (his mother) reacted in PACU when my son would't wake up so they were keeping him for the night. Next day he wasn't acting normal and NOT eating so we went to Dr. Levy's office to speak with him (since he NEVER checked up on him, only sent his student, we later found out) about my son's current behavior not improving and his response is it is normal to act "Punky" after brain surgery. After the second day of acting "Punky" in the hospital and Dr. Levy did NOTHING and all the nurses said they only saw his student visiting him and also did NOTHING we demanded a neurologist to asses him and sure enough his "Punky" behavior was by then 48 hours of non stop seizures thanks to ZERO follow up from Dr. Levy after our repeated concerns to him. Ended up in a comma for another two days and they (ICU doctors, NOT Dr. Levy) got is seizures under control. Thank God my son has seen GOOD doctors after that and a better neurosurgeon and because of that my son has progressed and slowly recovered from Dr. Levy's negligence. As a mother who had to see 5 specialist to ensure he was actually getting cared for,and two of them caught his mistake. DON'T believe what a doctor tells you and DON'T assume they care just because they had a promotion picture holding a baby! I HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY WITH DR. LEVY Also a good tip... no doctor or nurse will speak ill of a famous neurosurgeon so when you ask a staff about Dr. Levy just watch their eyes and face... I made the mistake of brushing off their rolled eyes when I asked around because their words were neutral but now I will watch closer how obvious no one in the hospital thinks much of him and I also know why. Good luck to all those poor patient who still see him, hopefully he learned from what he did to my son although he NEVER took responsibility for it so I doubt it.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

My daughter needed brain surgery for a tumor. He told she would would be just fine her life would go back to normal once it was removed. It has been 2yrs she is the same as before he told us he removed all of it but in fact he did not not only that there is a second one I finally received the mri report and it states know doubt there is a second one I even got a second opinion He in fact said there is a second one yet Dr. Leafy is still saying she is just fine he know longer needs to see her.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Dr. Michael L. Levy's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, San Francisco, Sch Of Med, San Francisco Ca 94143 (Grad. 1986)

Pacificare