Ratings for Dr. William F. Ganz

Just had herniated disc surgery by Dr. Ganz. He was VERY knowledgeable and straight forward. My surgery went great and many people recommended him to me! So thankful for Him and Megan and his team!!!! Xo

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

This "Dr" has forgotten his oath to "first do no harm", and has instead chosen to allow his ego to lead his patient "care". When he walked in the room, he said that I had pain going all over and that I had neck problems but he wasn't going to do surgery. He went over my imaging, and began gathering his things when he was done, as if the consult was over. He didn't offer a treatment plan, and when I dared ask a question about an item on my MRI report that he hadn't addressed, he told me he only read his own reports, accused me of being "demanding" but he'd "pull it up and we'd go through it and then I could leave." He then told me that he was "trying to help me" but that, "since I have fibromyalgia, RA, and lupus," I'm, "hypersensitive to pain. You just want your pain you stop and want someone to operate on you and you need to go somewhere else." I let him know that I wouldn't have him operate on me at this point, that all my Drs had warned me about his bedside manner, (although they said direct, not complete pompous a**), to which he said, "great then we understand each other" he then rushed to tell his receptionist that he was "done and I won't have her back" and went to dictate his report and left the door open and spoke loudly enough for me to overhear that "this patient is exaggerating her pain." I've NEVER been treated this way by anyone who is SUPPOSED to be a professional, and whose JOB it is to give you answers/care plan. What kind of Dr also basically tells a patient, you've reached your "quota" for things that can be wrong with you? It's not my fault I have craptastic genetics. DO NOT GO TO THIS SAD EXCUSE FOR A DR. P.S the item he didn't discuss was a "... posterior cranial fossa contents demonstrates partial empty sella, appears mildly expansile and suggestive of presence of small arachnoid cyst." I have experienced movement disorders and non neurological seizures that my other Drs thought might be explained by this cyst.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

He is very rude and uncaring after surgery he wanted nothing to do with me and in fact would roll his eyes and say so what when you told him about your aches and pains

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I had brain surgery to remove a tumor. It was not cancer. I thought he was the best doctor and his PA were great. Office staff very nice and kind.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Waited 2.5 hours. Dr. Ganz is very rude but appears to be competent. My pain management doctor warned me ahead of time that he has no manners so I didn't take it personally.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Ganz saved me from being in such pain and discomfort. He and his staff were the best and took care of me immediately. I liked his straight forward tell it like it is approach and thought his bed side manner was very professional. I would and will highly recomment Dr. Ganz. I'm still recovering from surgery and look forward to a complte recovery. I'm not one to sit around and am a skier during the winter time and cyclist during the summer time. Thank you Dr. Ganz and staff.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

Bed-side manner is majorly lacking as well as compassion, empathy and bacis understanding of post-operative pain and limitations. His PAs were decent --definitely not as cold as he was..

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

I went into his office on a Friday and had the surgery a week later. My sciatic pain is gone. He removed a 1 1/2" bone chip from my L5-S1. I had no problem with his bedside manners. I am a former pharmaceutical representative and he is the best surgeon in the area. I want the best and I don't care about bedside manners.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

Dr. Ganz did a fabulous job diagnosing and operating on my boyfriend. He diagnosed my boyfriend with chiari malformation and did the surgery 2 weeks later. The incision was very clean, straight, and as simple as possible. His assistants were nice and caring. The only problem I had with Dr. Ganz was his bedside manner but that doesn't matter since he got the job done. I am very satisfied with his abilities.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

Dr. Ganz is a bit direct, which might turn some off, but it is evident that he is extremely competent and, as such, very sure of himself. That is exactly what we want in our doctor. I don't need any more friends. I want a competent doctor who can help to resolve my wife's issues. Dr. Ganz explained everything to us very clearly. He reviewed the MRI with us, a first for us, in great detail and explained what each thing meant. He provided us with all of our options and even made clear he would only help us if we were willing to do the things necessary for recovery. I found him to be exactly what I want in a doctor and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. If you are used to your longtime family doctor that jokes around with you and remembers every member of your family by name, then you might not like Dr. Ganz. If you have a medical problem that falls within his experience and need help and want someone competent helping you, then that is Dr. Ganz. EditDelete

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Dr. William F. Ganz's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Beech Street Corporation