Ratings for Dr. Leon K. Liem

Excellent caring surgeon. Took the time to explain

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I Really Liked Dr.Liem But.....His receptionist "Kristin" did not acknowledge me when I came in For appointment.Then after I saw the Doctor and he said "Kristin" would go over scheduling surgery, she said to me "ok I have to contact your insurance to get authorization(Ok for surgery) and as soon as I do, I'll call you to schedule surgery. Almost 3 weeks later I called "Kristin" and asked her if she heard anything yet?, she said with a impatient voice ," I told you that I'd call you it takes time". After 30 days I called back and she said nothing yet., then Kristin LIED to me and said "Dr.Liem is non par with my insurance???I said then why is he listed as taking my insurance and why would we of went this far with process?.So I called my insurance to ask them why is it taking so long to get approval for Dr.Liem to do surgery? The representative said," because WE NEVER got anything from Kristin or Dr.Liems office requesting any surgery authorization, and then me and my Insurance called 3 way with me on the line to Kristin and my insurance said why did you tell our member that DR.Liem is Non-Par with our insurance? Kristin said "Because he's not".My customer rep said we have Her online and "I said Kristin, you told me you submitted paperwork 4 weeks ago for authorization and told me to be patient and come to find out you Never sent anything in to insurance".She tried to say "Oh it was a mistake when she told us he was non-par. At that point she had a bad attitude and blamed it on Dr.Liem, saying ,"She was waiting for his notes still to get codes to submit to my insurance and shed call me back". Aparantly she knew a complaint/Grievance was going to Dr.Liem about her having me wait a whole month for nothing, lied to me about submitting it weeks ago, and claiming he was non-Par, so Kristin called me back and said she'd put a rush to my insurance for surgery(Trying to cover her tracks) and let's schedule the surgery for next day.So we did that, And then she called and asked me if I could come in 2Hours earlier for surgery(Last minute) so I said Ok. The day of surgery I came in in morning and was hooked up to Iv's, etc in room to go to surgery and was left to be the last patient of day!😞Didn't get to surgery till around 3pm. Kristin did a terrible job the way she treated me, I almost cancelled surgery because of it.

Submitted January 17, 2016

Over 17 years ago "Doc" performed 2 seperate surgeries On me. .C-spine and Left elbow. "Doc" saved me from being paralyzed. 4years ago.... by chance my primary care provider Sent me to Dr Leim as I had requested to get a second opinion on an MRI I had recently taken.. " Doc" found abnormal areas that needed attention that 2 other doctors had overlooked. ..Mahalo nui loa and God bless.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr. Leon K. Liem's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1990)

Carefirst Bcbs