Ratings for Dr. Carter E. Beck

I have been suffering for 4 years with a herniated lumbar disc that has never healed and it's getting worse. I can't even live a normal life because of the pain and restrictions such as bending, standing, sitting, walking, sleeping, pain shooting down leg and now the leg is "falling asleep" much more than normal. I never asked him for pain pills-all I want is for somebody to give me some options for fixing my back! Dr. Beck was extremely rude, abrupt, arrogant, would not answer my question about why he would not perform surgery when others with less back damage have had surgery. He really didn't provide me with any answers to my medical questions about my back. Last MRI (4 months ago) showed a new growth coming off of the disc. During my follow up he had no explanation for it and did not even care about it. On my way out of patient room I overheard him in his office saying something to the effect that he "isn't going to bother with patients who have medicaid." I left the office in tears. I really should have reported him, but figured nothing would come of it. Very disappointed that I could not get any answers from him. He was always in a hurry and seemed to just brush off my questions and concerns. I guess if you are fortunate enough to have good insurance he might treat you better. My experience with him was terrible. Now I'm back to square one with my PCP, trying to find a decent neurologist out of town to get some answers and help. I would not recommend Dr. Beck to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

I was in debilitating pain for 2 years and was told by a doctor in Bozeman to plan on ending my life in a wheelchair. A friend told me to check out Dr. Beck's videos on the internet. I did and told my PCP about him. She actually knew him and said Yes, go with him. I could not even sneeze or cough with out horrid pain in my back and legs. Dr. Beck performed a PLIF on my lower back on May 9, 2017. From the first time I sneezed, coughed, or laughed hard NO MORE PAIN! Dr. Beck gave me another go around at life! Thank you Thank you Thank you, and that is certainly not enough! When other Docs have given up on you, he can perform miracles!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Only wanted to help if I was a candidate for surgery. Had zero input on PT, exercise, or posture modification. Just stared at me when I tried to discuss these things. He asked why I was there, I mistakenly referred to him as the neurologist my doc recommended due to the 4 bulging discs on my MRI. He immediately informed me he was a "Neuro-SURGEON". Sorry dude, my mistake! Overall, very bad bedside manner. Seemed bored, and to say he was uninterested would be an understatement.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr Beck performed magic on me and my neck. Gave me a pain free better quality of life. Going back to have him perform a finale fix on my previously lower fused back which to make me even more pain free in this wore out body.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Things must've really changed in this office. Don't bother coming here. Beck had neither time nor desire to see me; he was curt & conceited. Totally wasted MRI + wasted 100-mi. drive just to see him--but he never bothered showing or explaining even 1 image. Only suggested doubling pain meds which raise my BP. I almost called insurance to tell them not to pay him! This guy gave me no hope whatsoever, and left a rotten taste in my mouth. Go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

No help whatsoever! Very poor bedside manner arrogant

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

An amazing neurosurgeon that saved my back and my life! Patient and knowledgeable!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

My spinal fusion went well and I feel much better!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Dr. Beck performed surgery on my lower back, and within 6 weeks, I was living without back pain and associated numbness and weakness in my left leg. I am 73 years old, and feel 20 years younger! This has been a remarkable experience for me, and I recommend Dr. Beck to anyone who is considering back surgery. He is not only a skilled surgeon, but a good guy.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I herniated my disc one weekend while performing chores around the house. A quick visit to my general practioner and a MRI and I found myself in Dr. Becks office. He informed me that my best course of action was surgery to fix the herniated disc. The procedure and recovery went a lot more smoothly than I thought it would and now 6 weeks later I am back to my life. I cannot say enough about Dr Beck and his staff, they treated me with respect and had my best interests. Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Carter E. Beck's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

MSP/BC Med