Ratings for Dr. Carter E. Beck

Dr Beck performed magic on me and my neck. Gave me a pain free better quality of life. Going back to have him perform a finale fix on my previously lower fused back which to make me even more pain free in this wore out body.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Things must've really changed in this office. Don't bother coming here. Beck had neither time nor desire to see me; he was curt & conceited. Totally wasted MRI + wasted 100-mi. drive just to see him--but he never bothered showing or explaining even 1 image. Only suggested doubling pain meds which raise my BP. I almost called insurance to tell them not to pay him! This guy gave me no hope whatsoever, and left a rotten taste in my mouth. Go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

No help whatsoever! Very poor bedside manner arrogant

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

An amazing neurosurgeon that saved my back and my life! Patient and knowledgeable!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

My spinal fusion went well and I feel much better!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Dr. Beck performed surgery on my lower back, and within 6 weeks, I was living without back pain and associated numbness and weakness in my left leg. I am 73 years old, and feel 20 years younger! This has been a remarkable experience for me, and I recommend Dr. Beck to anyone who is considering back surgery. He is not only a skilled surgeon, but a good guy.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I herniated my disc one weekend while performing chores around the house. A quick visit to my general practioner and a MRI and I found myself in Dr. Becks office. He informed me that my best course of action was surgery to fix the herniated disc. The procedure and recovery went a lot more smoothly than I thought it would and now 6 weeks later I am back to my life. I cannot say enough about Dr Beck and his staff, they treated me with respect and had my best interests. Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

The best back doc I could ask for. He keeps me up and moving. Pain is much more manageable after surgery. I actually want to do things. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

I was refered to Dr. Beck almost two years ago and am very thankful for that referral. Dr. Beck is very professional yet has a wonderful bedside manner. I have had back pain for years. He has performed a SI joint surgery, a sciatic nerve problem surgery, and a PLIF. Oh my goodness, the surgeries were successful. The last one was the deal maker. He has made my physical life an A+. He is courteous, methodical, actually has a good sense of humor and caring. He demonstrates a willingness to help you have a pain free life. Dr.Beck explains things simply for anyone to understand and doesn't push surgery on you. But with his professional opinion he will be honest to tell you if you really need surgery or if you can live with your problem by another method. Highly recommend Dr. Carter Beck. He's the best out there.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Dr. Beck's neurosurgical expertise, straight forward honesty and gentle kindness gave me my life back.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr. Carter E. Beck's Credentials

• University Of Chicago, Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)