You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Carter E. Beck

No help whatsoever! Very poor bedside manner arrogant

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

My spinal fusion went well and I feel much better!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Dr. Beck performed surgery on my lower back, and within 6 weeks, I was living without back pain and associated numbness and weakness in my left leg. I am 73 years old, and feel 20 years younger! This has been a remarkable experience for me, and I recommend Dr. Beck to anyone who is considering back surgery. He is not only a skilled surgeon, but a good guy.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I herniated my disc one weekend while performing chores around the house. A quick visit to my general practioner and a MRI and I found myself in Dr. Becks office. He informed me that my best course of action was surgery to fix the herniated disc. The procedure and recovery went a lot more smoothly than I thought it would and now 6 weeks later I am back to my life. I cannot say enough about Dr Beck and his staff, they treated me with respect and had my best interests. Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

The best back doc I could ask for. He keeps me up and moving. Pain is much more manageable after surgery. I actually want to do things. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

I was refered to Dr. Beck almost two years ago and am very thankful for that referral. Dr. Beck is very professional yet has a wonderful bedside manner. I have had back pain for years. He has performed a SI joint surgery, a sciatic nerve problem surgery, and a PLIF. Oh my goodness, the surgeries were successful. The last one was the deal maker. He has made my physical life an A+. He is courteous, methodical, actually has a good sense of humor and caring. He demonstrates a willingness to help you have a pain free life. Dr.Beck explains things simply for anyone to understand and doesn't push surgery on you. But with his professional opinion he will be honest to tell you if you really need surgery or if you can live with your problem by another method. Highly recommend Dr. Carter Beck. He's the best out there.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Dr. Beck's neurosurgical expertise, straight forward honesty and gentle kindness gave me my life back.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

I have had two posterior lumbar inter body fusion surgeries with Dr. Beck, one three levels and an additional single level that were both extremely successful. After suffering through tremendous pain for years I had instant relief after both surgeries. He was professional, personable, concise yet thorough in his diagnosis and explanation of my conditions and. showed genuine concern for my situation. I do not know how I could ever thank him properly, after all how do you thank someone for giving your life back.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Very intelligent, methodical, and thoughtful. He has truly chosen a great field for his personality and talent.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Dr. Carter E. Beck's Credentials

• University Of Chicago, Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "No help whatsoever! Very poor bedside manner arrogant "

April 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "An amazing neurosurgeon that saved my back and my life! Patient and knowledgeable! "

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My spinal fusion went well and I feel much better!"

January 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Beck performed surgery on my lower back, and within 6 weeks, I was living without back pain and associated numbness and weakness in my left leg. I am 73 y..."

November 17, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=557078'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 14, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=557078'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.2

February 6, 2014