Ratings for Dr. Mark D. Erasmus

I went in to see Dr Erasmus to follow up with after getting an exam for a tumor. He was rather nonchalant about the way he discussed the issues with me and acted like if he was doing me a favor although he is supposed to be a paid professional. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone and I would caution you to please think carefully before making your decision because the bedside manner of this doctor is sick and he is not very professional about the way he treated me and I am going to see another Dr regarding my neurological disorders.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

My first time dealing with him, the night before surgery he came in, and did not hand, but flipped a business card at me, asking if I wanted the surgery or not. I opted for it. Then after rehab and home health care, from July to November, it seemed as though I was getting better, but lost the strength in my arms, falling out of bed and laying on the floor for four hours, until my wife found me. In November, I went back, and the hospital held me for five days until he came back from vaction in the Caribbean. When he visited the night before surgery, there were no pleasantries, just the first words out of his mouth were "I screwed up". He then proceeded to show me a crude print of my MRI, stating it was not a very good view. He fixed one rupture, but missed the other two, requiring him to go back in and do all three. Another month for me in rehab, getting out before Christmas. I told my Wife I could not let this slide, and am pursuing remedies to this whole horrible story. I thought it was strange, there were so many doctors visiting with me on my second stay in the hospital. We had so many horrible stays at the ER there until they diagnosed it properly, then longer to get it fixed properly. I am walking now, but I lost so much muscle and am so weak, it is going to take me a long time to recover. IMO, I lost six months of my life, and someone needs to be held accountable.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I'm not even sure there is a doctor in the place. We waited for 2 months to see a neurosurgeon and the day of the appointment we were told we would be seeing a nurse. We we get there, there is a sign on the door saying the nurse was 30 minutes behind schedule. When we get in in the first thing she complained about was her staff failed to s hedule the appointment correctly. Then she glanced at the 5 MRI discs we brought and said she wasn't even going to look at the critical one. When I said she needed to, she quickly got defensive and said we needed to see someone else at another hospital because the neurosurgeon didn't know anything about brain aneurysms. We could come back when everything was resolved and the doctor would be happy to see her then

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I had my surgery in 2002 by Dr. Erasmus. He was absolutely wonderful to me. I had traveled to Houston to see an Orthopedic Surgeon and was very disappointed. I also had seen an Orthopedic Surgeon in Albuquerque...was also disappointed. Dr. Erasmus suggested I try injections before having my surgery. After a couple of injections, I opted for surgery! Dr. Erasmus was kind and funny which you don't see in Dr's much anymore! The surgery went awesome. I was walking around the next day!! I would highly recommend him to anyone who has severe disc and nerve pain! He fixed what 2 years of seeing Orthopedic Surgeons could not in less than 2 weeks!! I'm very happy with him and have given several people his name.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

He is a poor excuse for a neurosurgeon. horrible as others here have said. Actually a disgusting example of a human being no less a doctor in neuroscience. If you need such a doctor go back East where they are professional and many specialize in a particular neurological condition. Closest place I would allow someone to do neurosurgery is Barrows Neurological Institute/St Josephs Hospital in Phoenix. We have NO neurosurgeons in this state of NM that I would ever let touch anyone I know either family member or friend. Erasmus is a joke.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

Horrible! I have had such a bad experience with Dr. Erasmus I would never recommend him to anyone. From the pain I have been having, to the 2 1/2 minimum hour wait time to see him (for a five minute visit). Up until my surgery the whole experience was awful. Prior to my surgery while waiting in the pre-surgical waiting room, he walked up to me and began telling me information pertaining to another patient's surgery he had just completed as well as began to hand me someone else's MRI disc. Even after my surgery he never came to check on me, ask me about my pain, if I had been up to walk at all. His only comment to me was "I'm still surprised your here." There just have been to many bad experiences to mention with this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Doctor and staff were genuinely caring, not only to my husband, but towards me and our boys! He put the life of my husband as the priority on rating the surgery a success!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

This doctor is a terrible horrible pathetic excuse for a healthcare provider. I am not his patient but my uncle is and the "care" he is not receiving from him is atrocious. I am a healthcare worker myself and I am appalled by his lack of concern for his patient. He does not listen, insists on speaking over his patient, and does not take his fellow doctors findings seriously. His solution for problems is an MRI. There can only be so many MRI's done for a patient before a doctor should look into other diagnosis and treatment plans. His bedside manner is despicable as well as his communication skills. I learned better communication skills from call centers. Please look into other neurosurgeons for yourself or your family members and if you have to save the money or take a loan to see another doctor in another state. It makes me furious to know this man is able to continue practicing medicine if thats what you call it.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

I had heard all of these things about Dr Erasmus and was prepared for a long wait and for someone with a bad bed-side manner. My husband and I showed up 10 minutes early and was greeted by very friendly staff. We went back before I was even done filling out my paperwork and the assistant was very nice. Dr Erasmus came in after reviewing my MRI and suggested that I should do injections before thinking about surgery, but if the injections didn't help, outpatient surgery could be done to alleviate my pain. Dr Erasmus was very personable and very helpful. I would imagine that if he was running 3 hours behind because of emergencies that came in, he might be hurried, but I am very pleased with my appointment. I will be back if needed and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Poor bedside manner! Lack of caring and concern for my situation. Got very sick after surgery! Almost had to transfer to another hospital! Would not recommend him not even to a enemy! I am still battling my back pain and trying to get seen by another doctor for my back pain!no one will touch me due to his negligence! Unfortunately I had him do my surgery with many regrets!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Dr. Mark D. Erasmus's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Chambers of Commerce