Ratings for Dr. Mary Lou Dancel

Worst experience with a psychiatrist. Her name makes me cringe 20+ years later.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Dr. Dancel is the most sincere, caring and empathetic doctor I have ever been treated by. Ive been her patient for many years and highly recommend her. She has gone above and beyond for me many times, including completing many insurance and gov't documents without charge. She knows her meds and is always up on every latest med without pushing them on you. People stating on here that she doesn't care, talks about herself/other patients (??!!NEVER) etc are in no way talking about the Dr. Dancel I know. I find her warm, caring and professional and I don't know where I would be today if I had not been treated by her. Considering there is no support staff working for her, script renewals by phone have never been an issue for me once. I've had to wait 15 min here and there, but not once have I ever been rushed out. In fact she has spent more than the hour with me several times. She determines how often you need to see her and that's normal. She's a psychiatrist not a counselor. Psychiatrists like Dr. Dancel are rare. I dread the day she retires.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

The best Dr,she has taken care of my family for many,many years and is like a second home to us !!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I've been seeing dr. Dancel since I was a kid and she's always been helpful and kind.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Horrible psychiatrist, doesn't listen to how you feel. Prescribes pills, doesn't talk treatment plan basically lost in knowing. Talks about other patients. Over prescribes. Steer clear. Likes to talk about herself as well.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr. Dancel is great! She has me stabilized . I had suffered for 20 years with unipolar major depression. She knows she meds. She has helped my wife and daughters as well.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Doesn't spend the whole hour with client. when called for emergency help never responed. does not listen. refuses to see in timely manner. pushed appointments to once every 6 months when needed to be seen regularly

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Doesn't know how to give the correct doesage for medication she prescribes for you

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Dr. Dancel has a nice manner and always seems friendly but that just hides the fact that she doesn't listen to her patients and can't remember what was said/decided previously. Stay away from this one, she promises to help but doesn't do anything, not good with children at all.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Wonderful doctor, very caring, patient and smart. She knows her meds really well. Very easy to talk to, makes you feel comfortable

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014