Ratings for Dr. Catherine J. Gallo

Dr. Gallo was negligent in the treatment of my mother. She did spinal surgery on her, then sent an inept PA to check on her. I asked about doing follow up labs as her surgery took much longer than expected and with more blood loss (I am a nurse) and the PA told me no. She ended up having a blood transfusion days later when the labs I insisted on having FINALLY got done and revealed how anemic she was. Of course, the transfusion had to wait bc Dr Gallo didn’t type and crossmatch my mother before surgery! Her pain kept increasing and Dr Gallo couldn’t be bothered to come check on her patient- she is the surgeon and the buck stops with her! Turns out my mom had a major bleed and was rushed back for emergency surgery. When Dr Gallo got there to operate, she acted as if the bleed was my mother’s fault! From what, lying in a hospital bed? She couldn’t have been less caring if she tried. She ended up having to do a THIRD surgery to repair the lousy job she did the first two times and my mom ended up in rehab for a long time. I don’t expect warm and fuzzy from a surgeon- I don’t care if you have the personality of a hermit crab if you do competent work and follow your patient closely. Dr Gallo has earned the reputation she has on this site of being callous, rude and more concerned with her looks and horses than in her job.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

One of the rudest, un-caring,self centered Doctor (I use that word loosley) that I have ever met. Had a terrible experience with what she did to me. Still suffering. I got staff right after surgery was sent home after several days only to return because of major complications. In hospital another 15 days I was in pain and a mess she never once came to see me she sent her PA Roth who by the way came in drunk. Was finally sent home only to have a pic for 6 weeks which led to liver problems which led to jaundice. She NEVER called to see how I was doing. I truthfully thought I was going to die. I finally got to have a check up visit after 3 months. She said all was good Well all isn't good Hurt more now. I would NEVER recommend this person . This is my rating 0

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Gallos PA Roth only had me stick out my tongue, Gallo no exam and lied saying i was not in enough pain to have surgery , my neck is broken, cord about to snap and an AOD, internal decap, 24 catscans and mri in 2 years, because of the cover up of Oregon doctors, after i testified against a criminal physician. Criminal charges on many coming up, in addition to members of other institutions. Website tells beginning of story, CNBC news covered some already. The bad guys are not getting away with this. Gallos records are being outed.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Was prompt, very professional. After the surgery, I haven't felt this good in years! That's saying a lot since I am 91 yrs old.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Simply put, look for another surgeon if you would like to be treated as more than an insurance claim!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Gallo is rude. Has no compassion. Thinks she is better than everyone.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Rates a big ZERO….. Physician heal thyself… Be sure to check most recent reviews…The patient experience with Dr. Gallo is: ruff, COLD both the rooms and the atmosphere, rude, leaves even more unanswered questions, ignores medical history and conditions. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THE THROUGH FRUSTRATION AND PAIN.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

I have had one operation and im looking at the probability of having another.I am completely comfortable and feel I have made the best choise.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2013

Dr. Catherine J. Gallo's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)