Ratings for Dr. Paul A. Gardner

I only had one bad experience with him. He removed scar tissue from my spine. I lost all of my feeling from my neck to my toes. He told me that my feeling should come back within a year. Sadly, it's been 3 years and my feeling never came back.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2018

I will not be returning to Dr. Gardner's practice. I have seen him once for a total of maybe 15 minutes. I sat in the waiting room for an hour only to be taken back to the exam room to wait another hour to been seen by the resident who spent 10 minutes with me. When he left, I waited another hour until Dr. Gardner FINALLY came in. Again, he spent maybe 15 minutes with me. He was polite and answered my questions. Before I left, I was told I needed to speak to someone about scheduling some more tests, I was never pointed in the correct direction and the person that I needed to schedule with was busy with another patient. After waiting 10 more minutes, I went to the check in desk and explained the situation. I was already late for work so I needed to leave. I was very rudely told I could call and make the appointment myself but I needed to wait for the resident to bring out the referral form. Well, that took another 10 minutes! I had my tests and when a week went by without hearing from the doc I called his office, of course I could not get a human on the phone so I left a message. Conveniently, the next day, I received an email stating my test results were available on line. I read them and understood them but felt like I still wanted to talk to the doctor to find out the next step. I called and once again was not able to get someone on the phone so I left another message. Yet another week went by with no response from the doctor let alone a nurse. I called for the THIRD time and managed to get a person on the phone. I was told that the only way the doctor would discuss the results with me was in person and the next available appointment was not until August 21! I looked at the calendar and realized it was pretty much 2 months away! Obviously, it is not that big of a deal if he won't call me back and whomever I spoke to feels that it can wait two months. I'm sorry but I find the fact that I have to wait 2 months to see the doctor just to discuss my results to be absurd! Between the ridiculous wait times and the not returning my phone calls, I will NOT be returning to this practice.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

Dr. Gardner saved my life removing a clival chordoma. Anyone complaining about waiting a couple hours can take a hike. Dr. Gardner is constantly attending to surgery, complications, clinic, and helping save the lives of people from all over the world who come to see him. It's completely fine to wait an hour or two to see him, knowing he is helping someone else with the same attentiveness and thorough care he gave to me and to my family. His staff (especially Belinda and Michelle) are wonderful and make you feel extremely well cared for.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Dr. Gardner removed a very large tumor from my brain, I am very grateful for the time he took to review the scans prior to surgery in order to know as much about what had to be done prior to my surgery. In my opinion Dr. Garder is very good at what he does and is very professional. I would definitely recommend him .

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

EVERY TIME I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT I HAVE TO WAIT A VERY LONG TIME JUST TO GET MY MRI RESULTS. VERY TERRIBLE AT PUNCTYALITY AND NO CONCERN OF THE PATIENTS TIME. I HAVE BEEN GOING THERE FOR YEARS AND THE SAME THING ALWAYS HAPPEN I WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT. THE STAFF IS NOT FRIENDLY AT ALL THEY LOOK LIKE THEY ALL SAT ON A TACKS OR SOMETHING TERRIBLE. NO APOLGY AT ALL UPMC NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED BECAUSE THEY DO ALL THE HIGH PAYING INSURANCE FIRST AND THE MEDICARE PATIENTS HAVE TO SIT THERE ALL DAY. HE GOOD AT WHAT HE DO BUT HIS TIME MANAGEMENT AND PUNCTUALITY SUCKS.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Gardner and his team of talented doctors removed a pituitary tumor for my brother a few months ago and he's doing fantastic now. My family feels so lucky that Dr. Gardner was able to perform the surgery through the nose and there were no complications! We have him to thank for saving my brother's life.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

3+ hour wait on multiple appointments. You rarely actually see gardner

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Gardner saved my life by removing a brain tumor. when i was diagnosed i was scared outta my mind until i talked with him and he told me what needed to be done, he eased both my own and the minds of my family. He knows what hes doing and in my mind hes the best in the world at what he does i recommended anybody that has any neurological conditions to see him ASAP. i had brain surgery on july 7 2014 and by july 12 i was doing everything again in my mind hes amazing

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Dr Gardner was part of my Surgical team for my Acoustic Neuroma surgery (along with Dr.McCall) in July 2013. My first appt with him was in May 2013 to discuss my upcoming surgery - I felt an immediate trust in him, his knowledge,credentials,expertise, etc. He was caring and listened to my concerns/fears of the upcoming surgery. He, along with Dr McCall (and surgical team) brought me thru this surgery remarkably and without the complications I had feared - the thought of anyone cutting thru my skull scared me to death -let's face it-nobody ever would want to have their head cut open -unless it was necessary -and mine was - and so if you do face this type or any type of brain surgery - I would HIGHLY recommend Dr.Gardner - his skill, in my opinion, is one of the best- every precaution was taken to make my surgery & recovery as safe and smoothe as possible - I was very pleased with the outcome and follow-up care he provided also. I am so thankful for him & glad he was one of my surgeons!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. Gardner removed an Epidermoid Tumor from my daughter's brain. Words cannot express how happy and satisfied we are with the entire experience. Dr. Gardner made himself available to answer any questions / concerns that we had throughout the entire process. His calm and confident approach enabled our family to get through this very scary event knowing that we had found the best surgeon. In addition, his staff and facilities are world class. The long and complicated surgery was performed without any issues or complications. We are forever in Dr. Gardner's debt for helping our daughter.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

Dr. Paul A. Gardner's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)