Ratings for Dr. Francis T. Ferraro

I highly recommend Dr. Francis T. Ferraro as a neurosurgeon. I was admitted to the Conemaugh Health System with excruciating pain due to a herniated disk. At age 70 this was my first major surgery, and Dr. Ferraro was very reassuring. Also, his education and his experience as a neurosurgeon did not prevent him from displaying a humble, down-to-earth attitude. Kudos to Dr. Ferraro and his staff!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Spinal fusion performed by Dr. Ferraro in January, 2016. Excellent surgeon, fantastic bedside manner, great office staff. Also superb inpatient hospital experience as well at Conemaugh Health System. Eight weeks post-surgery and I feel fantastic. Would highly recommend this surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr. Ferarro came recommended from two friends on whom he performed herniated disc surgery and I would recommend him to anyone. I am completely pain free after having to walk nearly doubled over with two canes. Everyone in the West Penn Office is friendly and helpful. A huge thank you!!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

I was living with lower back pain my whole life. After many injections, therapy, pain meds i went to dr. Ferraro. He ordered an mri and found I had an extra vertebre, an L-6. He did spinal fusion and lammanectomy. 2days after surgery I was pain free and still am. I highly recommend this surgeon and would see him again if needed. ,

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

This Man destroyed my Life.After Lumbar Fusion and Bone Graft(That he took from a bone bank and didn't take from me)He let me crawl out of there with a CSF Leak that his aid,Himself, or any nurse never picked up on.6 months latter it took Doctor Levy and Doctor Bookwalter to fix what he did.Screws for rods were to small and fell out without having to unscrew them. CSF Leak was biggest doctor Bookwalter saw in 40 yrs of surgery. Resulted in pera manant nerve damage. Read and Judge as you will but if you have this Guy work on you be prepared for a Life Time of Hurt.The man's(and I use this term being generous )a Butcher.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Dr. Ferraro operated on me for spinal stenosis in June 2015. Before my surgery he explained in great detail why I should have the type of surgery he wanted to perform on me. My surgery was done with great success. In six weeks I had all the feeling back in my hands and arms and I was walking without any problems. I would recommend Dr. Ferraro to anyone who needs to have spinal surgery.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Dr. Ferraro did my lumbar spinal surgery for stenosis and herniated discs in February, 2015. He is a very skilled, caring, surgeon who explained in detail what was entailed in the surgery as I was considering it. My surgery was a great success - I have no severe nerve pain - I had suffered for 3 years with this pain. I highly recommend Dr. Ferraro to anyone who needs a neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

I have the utmost respect for Dr. Francis T. Ferraro as he successfully performed surgery that solved the problem that I had. He is highly respected by the medical community.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

spinal fusion,4 years of leg pain gone the same day as surgery.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Ferraro has performed two successful operation to repair disc problems. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Dr. Francis T. Ferraro's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)