Ratings for Dr. Howard R. Reichman

Dr. Reichman is definitely one of the most thoughtful, kind, and self sacrificing people I have ever met. Yes he is very hard to get into, yes you wait for your appointment sometimes over 2 hours to see him; it is well worth the wait. He does surgery Monday-Friday and sometimes Saturdays for those very urgent patients, he devotes his time... his life to his patients I hear a lot of people complaining about the wait times and availability of Dr. Reichman which is understandable when you are in pain: but you have to realize, he puts life threatening patients first, which is how it should be in my opinion. I'm grateful to him, all his many years of practice, and his ABSOLUTE EXPERTISE in the neurosurgical field! He is definitely the Doctor to trust with any Neurosurgical issues.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I have had lower back issues due to a car accident in 1982, I visited with Chiropractors and other Doctors over the years, had my 1st lumber discectomy and laminectomy surgery in 2005, at that time the ANOTHER Doctor broke a pedicle bone in my back, which caused my back to become unstable, as I worked through other decompression surgeries and other issues with other Doctors over those years I was searching out who I felt was the best back Surgeon/Neurosurgeon in Utah, in doing so I talked with a few Doctors if they ever needed back surgery who would they go to and they said definitely Dr. Reichman was the person. Dr. Reichman and his staff was great to work with, when we met with Dr. Reichman he was good to explain what was going to happen and what the issues were in in my lower back and what the recovery was going to be like, he described the recovery time like getting hit by a freight train for a few days after surgery, and he was right, but I did so well after surgery, I am so glad that Dr. Reichman was able to correct the issues that other Doctors created over the years.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

I found Dr Reichman very caring in his manner. He spent considerable time explaining my option and answering my questions and concerns about the surgery. His office was very busy, but I felt my time with the Dr was worth the wait. His NP was very helpful also. I had no problem with how he explained their office procedures. He encouraged me to set up tentative appointments to avoid delays in treatment. I've been impressed with the written instuctions I received that has helped me post op. The office staff has always been kind and helpful with my questions. My recovery has been amazingly smooth. I've suffered with back pain for over 47years. His skill as a neurosurgeon is amazing to me. The quality of life since surgery is miraculous.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I had back problems that for over 9 years no one could figure out. I was told to go see Dr. Reichman and after being told by 10-15 other Dr's that nothing was wrong they figured it out. And I have my life back again. Yes I have had to wait for an hour for my appointment on a couple of occasions but I think an hour or two is worth getting the help you want. His NP Dave Glassford is great, and very knowledgeable. Dr. Reichman did my surgery on Memorial Day, just to show you his dedication to HIS craft, and he is the best at what he does. I will take a Dr. With less bedside manner, and amazing skill and knowledge when he has the scalpel in his hand ANYDAY of the week. There is a reason he is so difficult to get into see, he and his staff are the best. Chad M. Fusion l3/4 l4/5 & l5/s1

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Operate, operate, follow up? Haven't seen since surgery. NP is nice.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

My wife waited nearly twelve weeks to see Dr. Reichman. The day before her appointment the office called to say he had an "emergency" scheduled for the next day and she would have to see his nurse practitioner. We said we'd rather confer with the doctor and were advised it would be "at least eight weeks" for a visit. After speaking with a number of patients and hospital personnel we found this is standard procedure for Reichman. Presumably one seeks out a neurologist for his med school training, residency and years of hands-on experience. A nurse with a Masters Degree is not the same thing, although in this instance you pay the same to sit with the nurse practitioner as Reichman charges. Consensus opinion seems to be that as a physician, Reichman is a qualified and competent surgeon. But as a human being he is a self-serving jerk. I'm afraid our opinion sides with the majority. The office is busy, busy, busy; patients are treated like cattle. Internal communication is often conflicted and confused while communication with patients is terse, arrogant and unreliable. Caveat emptor!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I had back surgery and am still having considerable problems after a year. It was very apparent from the onset that Dr Reichman didn't care about me as a person. His bedside manner was terrible and I was put under without even being spoken to by Reichman. He did not clearly explain what was being done before the procedure and I was told just to go back living life as normal without physical therapy or other follow up to assist in the recovery. No clear instructions or help in recovering, just go back to living life normally. It has been approximately a year since the surgery and Reichman has not asked once about me nor do I think he cares. I can only see nurse practitioners which requires sitting in their office from 1 to 2 hours. The staff is cold and uncaring about the wait. Additionally, if you bring it up to anyone they get upset and yell at you. They make it very clear that their time is more important than yours so don't bother bringing up the wait time. Rather than addressing the issue their response is, "If you don't like it go somewhere else." Other offices don't have these wait times which are not due to demand but rather incompetence and unwillingness to address the issue. I have been very displeased with this office and as soon as I can find a caring surgeon I will go elsewhere.

Submitted January 5, 2015

My experience with Dr. Reichman has been awesome! He did extensive surgery on my neck and I could not be happier. I HIGHLY recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Went to Dr. Reichman for over a year for degenerative disk problems. Did shots, nerve blocks and nerve studies. Now that surgery is the only option, I was informed that because I am overweight he will not do the surgery. I have lost 60% of leg mussel but the only concern is my weight.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

Dr. Howard R. Reichman's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal