Ratings for Dr. Chris Bickford

By far, the rudest doctor I've ever encountered. He yelled at me in front of the front desk and other pateitns and told me he would not fill my prescription from him. What made him so upset you ask? Apparently I'm not allowed to ask what is covered by insurance under prevenative care. I also wasn't able to ask for the pap smear, which is what I requested when I made the appointment. I asked the RN before he came in the same questions and she told me she would check - she either didn't or he didn't answer. He wanted me to come back so I could pay another co-pay and if I wouldn't, according to him, I don't care about my health. He also told me that he wouldn't write my prescription for more than three months since he wants to go cash only without using insurance. I have no problem paying for my health - my problem is with doctors like Dr. Bickford who are trying to run up costs for patients and put them down. He told me to go to Planned Parenthood if I was too cheap. Nice right?

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

Dr. Bickford is a gem. I'm astonished at the first 2 reviews - Dr. B is the best family doctor we've ever had. My goodness, if this is typical of reviews on this site, then this is not a credible source of information. Our experience over more than a decade of care has been exemplary. If we have the flu or other serious issue, he makes room in his schedule to see you *that* day. He also will make house calls! How many doctors care enough about their elderly or critically ill patients to do that? He is extremely knowledgeable, it's clear he invests a lot of time in staying up to date with new technologies, treatments, and results of the lastest medical studies. When needed, he's referred us to top notch specialists who we felt also provided superior care - it's clear he's respected by his peers. Those who chose their physicians based on the value of the real estate their office is located in are foolish indeed.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2010

The best of the best, Dr. Bickford is someone who has earned my respect and trust. Nice buildings in La Jolla are a dime a dozen, but finding a great primary care doctor like Dr. Bickford - that is rare and precious. For example, with an innovative and very simple test in the office that just took a few minutes, I have more peace of mind that my heart is healthy. He offers years of rich collective wisdom and individualized and confidential treatment that you just can't find in other places. Thanks to him, I am healthier and isn't that what matters?

flag | Submitted August 1, 2010

This doctor's office wasn't very clean, and had spider webs hanging from the ceiling. The patient rooms were very old, tired, and not clean looking. I gave a urine sample and the washroom was very unclean and reminded me of a disgusting gas station restroom. They also gave me a paper Dixie cup (no lid) to use for the urine sample, and not a sterile plastic urine cup and I had to hand it to them in the hallway, not through a privacy door in the washroom. I don't recommend going to this doctor. There are many other good doctors in the La Jolla area.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

just awful

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

Dr. Chris Bickford's Credentials

• French

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)