You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Diane McIntosh

I am ever grateful for Dr McIntosh's wisdom, compassion and patience as I unilaterally went off the meds she prescribed. She listens and remembers what I sometimes forget. She has demonstrated she has my back, will not give up and validates me as a whole human being when I am in doubt. With her carefully introduced meds, I feel "myself" and enjoy life - even when circumstances are not ideal. While on meds, I have full spectrum emotions and libido. I am not aware of any adverse side effects. Yes, she does record notes on her computer, as all doctors do nowadays. I appreciate that she keeps records!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

I saw her twice through Copeman. She asked what meds I was on looking at her computer screen. I leaned forward and she said I have no idea what meds you are on - this is my private practice - hard for a client when you are in the Copeman building and the doors of her office say Copeman. She changed some meds and asked me to make some changes. Next visit started well - the new meds were helping and I had made the changes she asked for. She then asked what meds I was on and again I leant forward to see her screen and got the same reply - not being a part of Copeman. I listed the meds and twice she asked me are you sure? I said twice yes but then added except for some vitamins and ... Never got to finish. What are you on? Vit. C, via did t get to finish that sentence either which would have included Omega 3, Vit D and Calcium. Why are you on those. The nutritionist recommended them. What Nutritionist? The one here at Copeman. While you are just wasting your money as you are only peeing them out. You might as well save that money and buy yourself a dress. I apologized I was in my workout clothing but had a session right after this appt. and didn't want to stress over being late. I thought after this appointment she had asked what meds I was on in the previous appointment. Second I don't wear dresses and third I don't need to save money on vitamins to buy myself any type of clothing I want. Was vet upset by my experience.

Submitted April 14, 2016

She should have had her license taken years ago. I went to her years back and not only did she overdose me on medications, she had no clue how to treat a major psychiatric disorder.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I really believe Dr. MacIntosh saved my life. For over 30 years I was missed diagnosed. My first appointment with Diane she was blue to pinpoint my mood disorder and prescribed the medication that worked for me. She is brilliant!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I have been suffering from PTSD symptoms for 10 years. I met Dr. McIntosh two years ago, after many years of counselling, psychotherapy, group therapy, cognitive behaviour courses etc... I was ready to try medication therapy as the medication I was taking was not effective and the doctors I was seeing were not advocates for medication therapy. I have tried several medications with either good result or side effects. I feel that Dr. McIntosh is not going to be satisfied until I have found something that works without causing troubling side effects. She has also helped me deal with other medical issues that I have ignored or not been able to deal with because the PTSD was overwhelming. I feel that I am in a much better place than I was two years ago. I believe that a combination of psychotherapy and medication has helped me lead a healthier life and I have more clarity and ability to deal with other problems in my life. I still have anxiety but I can recognize and manage it better.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Dr Mc is an expert on meds, and she is willing to try aggressive treatments when needed. After years of misdiagnosis, she finally diagnosed me as bipolar, and started me on the right meds. When I was hospitalized she was in contact with the inpatient psychiatrist, providing him with information and advocating for me. She has been a strong advocate for me when I had work issues because of my mental health, she wrote letters of support, filled out forms, and made multiple phone calls. When I have a question or something comes up I can email, and she always gets back to me within the day, even when she is out of town. The only negative i have to say is that she is very much a psychopharmacologist, and not a psychotherapist, so she sees everything as med related. But that's OK, because she doesn't pretend to be a psychotherapist, and instead she recommends that I see one for that aspect of my care. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

She's a pill pusher that completely disregards any other factor on mental health other than putting chemicals into your body as instructed by her medical school textbooks. There are other factors that are involved in overall psychological health such as diet, exercise, and lifestyle. She did not touch on any of these, when they were actually the solution to begin with in my specific case.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Diane is excellent. I had severe post partum depression and had been suffering for a couple months (9 out of 10 severity). Diane took one look at me and said this isn't right. This was my third post partum and with the first I suffered severely for 8 months. That couldn't happen again. Diane suggested new agressive treatments and she was right! 6 weeks later I was better. It was unbelievable, ask my friends.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

Dr. Diane McIntosh's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am ever grateful for Dr McIntosh's wisdom, compassion and patience as I unilaterally went off the meds she prescribed. She listens and remembers what I somet..."

May 7, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I saw her twice through Copeman. She asked what meds I was on looking at her computer screen. I leaned forward and she said I have no idea what meds you are ..."

April 14, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "She should have had her license taken years ago. I went to her years back and not only did she overdose me on medications, she had no clue how to treat a major..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I really believe Dr. MacIntosh saved my life. For over 30 years I was missed diagnosed. My first appointment with Diane she was blue to pinpoint my mood disor..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful, kind and extremely knowledgable . She is determined to help you get better. I owe her my life!"

September 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been suffering from PTSD symptoms for 10 years. I met Dr. McIntosh two years ago, after many years of counselling, psychotherapy, group therapy, cogniti..."

January 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "she saved my life, I had come back from a war batshit crazy and she fought the system for me she is one of the bravest smartest person I ever met"

October 3, 2014