Ratings for Dr. Stuart James Shafer

Our experience with Dr. Shafer has been a nightmare!! We have been seeing him for years, what has happened! We have waited for a call back for a month from previous testing prescribed by him and his pa. His receptionist keeps assuring me they have not received them yet but they have. I was sent an email showing this, this is unacceptable. At 1 visit his pa came in and was performing the coordination test which she could not do again so she left the office and I overheard her and the ma's laughing . A friend of mine that was being escorted down the hall to a room to be examined was disgusted at what he saw, his pa doing the crazy sign in front of her staff and all of them laughing like goons. Shame on all of you, as you know this is a small town and everybody basically knows someone. Now she believes it is all in my wife,s head and has referred her to a shrink. Just because you and your staff are not competent enough to find out what is going on maybe you all need to go back to school for additional training.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

My experience with Dr. Shafer was a nightmare!!!! Waited over 1 1/2 hours and he never apologized. Came in and started to yawn, closing his eyes several times. He was crude and rude. Laughed several times at me because I found recent studies to help alzheimer patients and he didn't believe me. Worse doctor as a neurologist.... I bored him, no eye contact because he was too busy typing..I was given his name by a few doctors and I wouldn't recommend him for dog catcher...this is one doctor that's in LA LA Land...😷😞

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

This doctor is a jerk. His office has repeatedly screwed up prescriptions. They've sent mail away prescriptions to a local pharmacy. They constantly ask what meds I'm on. This doctor is flat-out strange. He won't pay attention to you when I told him one of my sisters had passed away from multiple sclerosis he absent-mindedly said oh that's good. I am in the process of finding another Ms specialist even if I have to drive a couple of hours. I might drive 2 hours and go to Dr steingo. Don't waste your time this is the most inept group I've ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Everyone on the staff was wonderful. I had an unknown illness over 4 months and several Doctors. Dr Shafer identified my problem right aways. He is very knowledgeable and personable. Top ratings from me on his performance.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Quite simply . this "Dr" is a JERK!!!!!! If you don't believe me , go see for yourself. I will explain - 1st of all I waited 1 hour and 22 min. to see this "Doctor". He never examined me, but had a student psychiatry women test my muscle strength (she was very nice)! He looked at my brain MRI - said it was beautiful and told me " I did not need a neurologist and to get out of his office"

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I've lost track of how many times his staff has bungled getting a Px filled. They send the wrong form or never call in the Px as the Dr ordered. Every visit they ask me what meds I'm on. Doesn't their computer system keep track of what they perscribe?

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Terribly abrupt and arrogant man with poor judgment in my opinion. Cares much more about himself than he does his patients in my opinion. I'm thinking of contacting medical board for malpractice. His ethics are questionable. I will NEVER go back to this small-minded and fearful man Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Only MS Specialist on the Treasure Coast. Very arrogant and not personable. No bedside manner. His nurses were good, but his P.A. was not responsive and didn't return phone calls. Fires patients at will with no warning or explanations. Spends very little time with patient. Likes to schedule you with his PA whom is a medical secretary. This is as polite as I can be with my comments. Looks at computer and types the whole time. No warmth...

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. So I will say nothing!!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Dr. Stuart James Shafer's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1993)