Ratings for Dr. Stuart James Shafer

Everyone on the staff was wonderful. I had an unknown illness over 4 months and several Doctors. Dr Shafer identified my problem right aways. He is very knowledgeable and personable. Top ratings from me on his performance.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Quite simply . this "Dr" is a JERK!!!!!! If you don't believe me , go see for yourself. I will explain - 1st of all I waited 1 hour and 22 min. to see this "Doctor". He never examined me, but had a student psychiatry women test my muscle strength (she was very nice)! He looked at my brain MRI - said it was beautiful and told me " I did not need a neurologist and to get out of his office"

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I've lost track of how many times his staff has bungled getting a Px filled. They send the wrong form or never call in the Px as the Dr ordered. Every visit they ask me what meds I'm on. Doesn't their computer system keep track of what they perscribe?

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Terribly abrupt and arrogant man with poor judgment in my opinion. Cares much more about himself than he does his patients in my opinion. I'm thinking of contacting medical board for malpractice. His ethics are questionable. I will NEVER go back to this small-minded and fearful man Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Only MS Specialist on the Treasure Coast. Very arrogant and not personable. No bedside manner. His nurses were good, but his P.A. was not responsive and didn't return phone calls. Fires patients at will with no warning or explanations. Spends very little time with patient. Likes to schedule you with his PA whom is a medical secretary. This is as polite as I can be with my comments. Looks at computer and types the whole time. No warmth...

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. So I will say nothing!!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

I found Dr. Shafer to be a very kind, compassionate and competent.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2013

Always knowledgable and kind. Remembers me when I would come back from college. He and his PA are fantastic

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

My experience with Dr. Shafer and his staff was and is very positive. I have migraines with nausea. My exams are complete enough to rule out other problems and the medication I'm taking works for my migraines. Imitrex is a wonder drug for me.I return for check-ups 2 times a year now but it initially was more frequent. Before I started seeing Dr. Sfafer my migraines were disabling. I'm a pleased patient.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Dr. Stuart James Shafer's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1993)