Ratings for Dr. Edward J. McManus

Waited for over one hour for appt!! Had 2 patients walk out of office who had appts. They both had waited for over an hour and a half and left disgusted. If didn't have to be here would find a doctor who cares about his patients time also!!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I waited 3 hours before I left. Not exaggerating. Arrived at 2:45 for a 3:00 appt, No mention from the staff about running late. At 5:00 no one from the staff had apologized or entered the waiting to explain. The 2:30 and 2:45 were still in the room with me. I tried to reschedule and was told I was going in next, which obviously upset the earlier appointments. They were told something about my paperwork being completed first. I was brought into a room about fifteen minutes which obviously upset the other people all over again. I was weighed, the doctor popped in to get something out of a cabinet and said he'd be in a few minutes. 45 minutes later I woke up in the room at 6:00 and I don't think the 2;30 had been seen yet as they said I was being seen first. I had to leave. The office manager was gone at this point. Please, Please do not go to this doctor or IDC. Find another infectious disease doctor and office who will value your time. An btw, I understand mistakes happen, but they could have called me and told me to come in at 5, or sent me home and I'd have come back, but my time is obviously worthless to them. I thought maybe someone would call this morning to apologize or explain, but I've waited long enough.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I am not worried about personality and mannerisms. This is all nonsense. Only one thing concerns me and that is the Dr.s ability to treat and cure. I found Dr. McManus outstanding in both areas as well as assuring me at all turns. Excellent in all aspects of treatment! I might add that Dr. McManus succeeded where two other Dr.s had failed. Frankly he gave me my life back. I was referred to Dr. McManus by my cardiologist who stated that this man was the Dr. that other Dr.s used! All in all outstanding!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Worst bedside manner ever. I do not recommend this doctor at all for various reasons too many to list

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

somewhat impersonal and brusque. the systems his practice uses to keep track of appointments are poor. i spent 45 minutes on a website providing my medical history and when i showed up for my appointment none of the data was captured and i had to give the info all over again.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Doctor spent ony 10 minutes with me after I waited for 2.5 hrs. I didn't feel comfortable in his presence as he doesn't smile and has a unfriendly disposition. He couldn't diagnoise my problem correctly. I will never go back to this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Continuous infections sent me in search of an answer to my compromised immune system. Initially I was tested for autoimmune disorders and when results came back negative, MD prescribed an antidepressant!!! I insisted that there was something PHYSICALLY wrong because inflammation, migraines & infections were not psychological. Symptoms were treated, but cause was not being investigated. I saw him for 10 months & despite his extreme tardiness for appointments, I thought and HOPED he would soon put the pieces of my medical puzzle together- but he NEVER did!!! He NEVER tested me for Lyme - and apparently NEVER read my medical information detailing Lyme disease 3 years earlier. Conclusion... another MD suspected Chronic Lyme after observing my dizziness, READING my medical info & symptoms, and THINKING! Unwarranted trust in this physician delayed the treatment I so desperately needed.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2009

I went there hoping he would shed light on some of my symptoms (specifically for Lyme). He looked at "old" blood work I brought with me and said, "you don't have Lyme." He did not re-test me at all, despite some borderline readings on past tests. He never asked me a history of exposure and told me to "let it go". He said what I had would probably "clear up in a year." It was ridiculous. Also, my appointment was at 3:15 and I was finally seen at 5:15. Yes...2 HOURS!!! He was entertaining drug reps while all the patients waited. The staff wasn't very nice either. He told me to come back in 6 weeks to follow up. Follow WHAT up??? I am not going back.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2009

did not solve problem

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

Dr. Edward J. McManus's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1982)