Ratings for Dr. Marshall F. Williams

I love that Dr Williams has a family practice so we can all go - convenient! He is the epitome of a "small town country doctor", which I think is great! I don't feel like a number or rushed out of appointments. He is very blunt/brutally honest, but delivers it in a way that feels caring, rather than clinical. He does love to chat and sometimes rambles on a bit - medically related or otherwise - but personally I find it entertaining. Being a mid-30s female, I have never felt the slightest bit uncomfortable being alone in an exam room. He is a bit skeptical about natural treatments but will consider it, and is not quick to reach for his Rx pad for every little thing, which I appreciate. All in all, I really like him! His office/staff on the other hand are not pleasant at all, and we would stop going if he wasn't a great Dr. Staff is rude, makes clerical mistakes constantly, and wait times can be 30+ mins WITH an appt. They are typically 1-2 weeks out for scheduling new appts.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

I really like doctor Williams. He is one of the classic Doctors that knows who you are and really listens. I wish more were like him

flag | Submitted November 16, 2008

Dr. Williams takes his time with his patients but doesn't always listen to my concerns. I know when something isn't right with my body and I don't like being told that test results show I'm fine, especially when I was later found to have the very same problem I'd been complaining about. While he is very knowledgeable I found him to be too focused on weight issues instead of the whole picture. It's also almost impossible to get a same-day appt with him and his office staff can be quite obstructive when I need to see and/or talk with him. Because he shares a practice with other doctors I often feel like I'm part of a cattle call. I don't feel I get individualized treatment from his office staff or even sometimes from him.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2007

Dr. Marshall F. Williams's Credentials

• Rush Med Coll Of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 60612 (Grad. 1980)

AARP