Ratings for Dr. Robert F. Armstrong

Dr Armstrong seems unconcerned personally with his patients. My son aged out of his pediatric neuroligist and I tried really hard to get him in to see who I thought was the best neuroligist in our area but was disappointed even on the first visit. He had not reviewed my son's records at all, did not even know that he had MRI's on his brain. And upon leaving the room with me and my son I both saw and heard him say to a nurse in the hall "Well what am I suppose to do with them ?" referring to another patient. Not a good impression, but it gets worse,... when my son had another visit I mentioned my son needing a fresh MRI due to a Cystic Tumor on the left side of his brain. At first I felt a little better about him bc he agreed it's a necessity to watch it and yes a fresh MRI would be ordered, but never was. After 4 weeks I called and ask for it again. And he had his assistant call me back and say that it wasn't necessary due to there being no change. I ask her when he says No Change what is he referring too ? Seizures ? I guess, she replied. Then I ask if he had even seen my son's MRI's... she said he had not. Then I ask, so how does he know that there is no change ? My son had had changes indeed. 1st change, seizures was changing patters again. 2nd change, personality. And these were things I had brought up to the doctor on the last visit. After the fresh MRI was done I received a call 45 minutes later from his assistant saying it all looks good no need for anything further, but now I wasn't even trusting of his opinion. The next day I went to the hospital and signed for the MRI results. The cystic tumor is actually visible to the naked eye on the films. It's visible is quite a few of the films. And I have all of his MRI films from past tests and the comparison is visible. Yet Dr. Armstrong was completely unconcerned. I then called and ask for my son to be referred to the Neurosurgeon he had seen 10 yrs earlier just for a second opinion, Dr. Armstrong refused, suggesting instead that his family Doctor do it. To say I am disappointed in him is an understatement most definitely. His concern for his patients is well below the bar of even standard much less rise above other Doctors. He has Diplomas on every wall. He's well trained in everything but compassion.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. Armstrong neglected to inform me of a 2nd grain tumor on my MRI that was larger than the one he did inform me about. When I called to ask about the 2nd one, he would not return repeated calls. He appears totally unconcerned about patient welfare. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Dr. Armstrong is a great doctor! He explains things very well. He helps you in anyway he can! I would recommend him to anyone who has epilepsy!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2013

Dr. Robert F. Armstrong's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Amerigroup