Ratings for Dr. Monte B. Pellmar

Mild manner fooled me into thinking he was caring. Turned out to be very ambivalent to pain. Also 'forgot' to advise about first line basic supplement therapy for migraine that may have saved 4 months of misery. Always advising of risks and why he would NOT give a med, unclear in explanation of dosing and so ineffective treatment for pain. Huge waste of time, energy. I am angry. Staff was obnoxious and rude.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

I saw Dr. Pellmar for chronic migraines. He is a wonderful doctor with a good bedside manner. He is well versed in all the latest research, treatments and medications. Unfortunately, he no longer takes my insurance. I am very disappointed that I will not be able to go to Dr. Pellmar any more. He truly is a great doctor!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

sometimes three words say it all.... saved my life

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

i have been with this physician for several years. (was originally in an large group practice) he is a wonderful clinician but doesn't have any hospital privledges and his hours are limited. he has always seemed to care for his patients but the staff has to be the most rude, ill-mannered, ignorant and unprofessional crew i've ever experienced. you'd think, they deal with stoke victims, ms patients, individuals with brain tumors, chronic migraines, etc, they might display a bit of decency and compassion?! i guess that's asking too much. such an arrogant and condescending group.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

I've had migraine headaches for years, and Dr. Pellmar was the first doctor who was able to help me in a way that balanced all of my health needs. He's extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the latest research in the field.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

I came into Dr. Pellmar's as a last resort, with severe nerve-like stabbing pains in my right eye. I went to the ER, GP, Endocrinologist, and even an oral surgeon thinking maybe my impacted wisdom teeth were hitting a nerve. No one could figure out what was wrong with me, the pain was excruciating, and pain medication didn't touch it. He heard my symptoms and immediately flipped open a large book and pointed to a description of a rare nerve disorder called SUNCT syndrome. It was dead on and with his care I haven't had a full-on flare up in years. He is incredibly competent, patient and kind. He is always able to answer my questions and is very reassuring. If you have any headache or neurological disorder, I urge you to not waste time and money with others, and go straight to Dr. Pellmar!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

Doesn't seem to care or take the time to look at your chart. Don't go to him

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

Dr. Monte B. Pellmar's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1974)

AHC