Ratings for Dr. Peter Cunniffe

I feel that he is very through and doesn't just ship you out the door with pills. He is always there to listen and gets to the bottom of the problem. He is the best doctor I've had yet.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

My wife went to the ER because we are new here and did not have a GP. She discovered a lump. She was seen by Dr.Cunniffe, he said she should get a mammogram. After that she was to see him again for the results, I went with her, he said "it doesn't look good, you have to have an MRI but I don't know if you'll fit (she weighs about 215 lbs). He then said we will assume its cancer and once you get the biopsy and MRI they can tell you the life expectancy, 5-10 years, depending on the cancer.. This guy had NO place saying these things, we did not know if it was cancer and this guy gave us no hope.terrible bedside manner, we left there feeling doomed. Be warned!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr Cunniffe was an amazing doctor for the 7 years I had him.He listened,was compassionate,never rushed me and took the extra time to genuinely care for my well being.Now that I see what healthcare is like in a big city I really miss that. I would recommended him to anyone. He's the best!! -AmberRoss

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

Very thorough,polite and always willing to listen. Always follows up on the problems and concerns.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

I feel that Dr Cunniffe is a great Dr. It is a bit difficult to get an appt at the Clinic. The waiting time is long sometimes., and trying to get through on the phone to the Clinic is sometimes difficult., but., probably not as bad as sitting in an E.R. in a city for 5 hrs. Keep up the hard work Dr. Cunniffe.....

flag | Submitted March 21, 2008

Dr. P. Cunniffe, due to little experience, a much too busy family practice (keeping up with charting is pretty tough) and a large ego conflicting, made errors in judgement (I feel) within my family. I'm not sure how much more I can say without being charged by his family practice so I won't go into specifics. He's got a wonderful bedside manner, is a relatively recent graduate (within last 6 yrs?) and is climbing up the smalltown northern ontario ladder. I have forgiven him, but shall not forget his poor decisions or rather, lack of attention to what ended up being very serious matters. I'm sure with more experience he'll be a great doctor one day...after all, we all have to make mistakes to improve our trades and P.Cunniffe has the right stuff to go make a difference....just hope he opens his mind some...pretty linear guy.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2007

Excellent family MD. Approachable, non judgemental

flag | Submitted February 17, 2007

This doc is the chief of medicine at Wilson Memorial and although always on the go he takes the time to stop and asks how you're doing

flag | Submitted February 6, 2007