Ratings for Dr. Imelda Tio

She gave me an ultrasound and found no heartbeat for the baby. She said it might have a heartbeat next week, but that it was an 80% chance it was not viable. Because I am over 40 she said I had a one in ten chance of having a baby with down syndrome. When I researched this I discovered it is actually 1 in 100 chance of a baby being born with down syndrome to a woman over 40. It was a depressing appointment, and she recommended a D and C when perhaps the baby is fine, and next week will have a heartbeat. I almost went ahead and had the D & C because it sounded so grim. I don't know what will happen, but I have other healthy children, and I am healthy, and I feel she should have recommended I wait, because the heartbeat is not detectable until after 6 weeks and in some instances 10 weeks. I have never miscarried and plenty of women are having babies after 40, so she needs to keep up with the times, and get statistics straight. Not a doctor for a woman who wants to conceive after 40.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

I love this office, but more importantly I LOVE Dr. Tio! She is sweet, knowledgeable and hip. She is up on all the current info on OB/GYN issues and very understanding to different opinions. I like that all the doctors are female and young. This practice fits my personality and medical needs. I look forward to every visit!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

Love her! While difficult to get an appointment with her in a timely manner, she is a great doctor who truly cares about her patient.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

Rather than seeing me, she just prescribed medication via the nurse over the phone. I ended up in the emergency room in the middle of the night. The emergency room doctor said I didn't have an infection and quit taking the medication which had been prescribed.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2008

Dr. Imelda Tio's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1995)