Ratings for Dr. Donna Steele

i have 4 children all delivered by DR.Steele. She is to the point, mater of facts and no frills. It may not be for everyone but she is the best in her field. I had 1 normal delivery, 1 emergency c, and 2 planned c-sections. She even worked on her vacation to delivery my son. She does not over book and will always answer questions. Would not dream on going to anyone else for hysterectomy. Do not believe what others say, i have been with her for over 20years

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

This is for the reviewer who says that she does not care if the doctor is rude as long as she knows her stuff. WHY? She is a Gynecologist not a waitress (not that it's ok for waitresses to be rude) . You're putting your and your child's life in her hand when you're most vulnerable. You go through 9 months dealing with her. She is in a profession unlike most which caring is part and parcel of her job and you're willing to sacrifice one of her duties over the other? I'm certain that she is not as knowledgeable as others assume she is based superficial obsevations but that's beside the point. Why can't an Gynecologist or any physician be both caring and knowledge not to mention professional? It's this low expectations from those whom assume the biggest responsibilities in our society that creates incompetent people with huge attitudes like her. It's as if you have a monster delivering your baby. The only way to put an end to these behaviors is to stop going to these monsters. You're living in a city with many choices, choose another.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Our child was delivered emergency C section and we felt that we were in extremely capable hands. Very clear communication and good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Knowledge is excellent... intimidating ... receptionist lovely. Sometimes I dreaded going in but wanted a child so had to bite the bullet.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I love Dr. Steele - she's such a gem. She's comforting and knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. This is my first baby and she has held my hand the whole way. It's always a pleasure to see her and I am so grateful she's been looking after me in this pregnancy. Her receptionist, on the other hand, is a piece of work. She is just awful. I cringe whenever I have to call the office for any reason, because I know she's going to be nasty. I brace myself before each appointment because I know I am going to have to deal with her when I arrive. I literally avoid eye contact, take a seat quietly, and wait to see Dr. Steele. I try not to engage with her because it's always always unpleasant. Always. I've witnessed her being incredibly rude to Dr. Steele, which is just so inappropriate. Especially in front of patients. I cannot figure out why Dr. Steele has kept her around!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

I was Dr Steele's patient for a couple of years. Gosh how I detested the visits. Doctor is the rudest person on this planet and the behavior and attitude of the receptionist is disgusting. When I asked if they have a late clinic: her answer was "Oh you want us to work later than this". Once I reached a few minutes earlier for my appoitment and she said "your appointment is after 10 mnts" oh well should I use the waiting room of her neighbor? I can see the clock but if you got off the wrong side of the bed than pls take a day off and rest at home. I was 10 mnts late for my first visit as I went to St Mike looking for her and she said "Doctor wont see you as you are late" oh well I rely on TTC to reach her so a mnt plus/minus is expected and if I am early I can wait for my scheduled time and she does not hv to be rude and tell me I am either few minutes early or few minutes late. I will never step back into that clinic as I used to be terrified when my appointment was nearing and true enough I had horrible experience during every single visit. Dr is a butcher - she is at the door in a mnt before you have time to throw your bag and undress, and the mighty receptionist may be born without a heart-pathetic looser. Mean, unprofessional and if they are at a place where people come with their gynic issues, god save them because this clinic is the worse place you should go when you are down in your life with any ailments - please look somewhere else. I am sure there are other professionals in the market.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

All 3 of my children were overseen and delivered by Dr Steele along with my cousins 3 kids. We have known her for years and refer many people to her. I personal think she is the best in the business and takes care of her patients well. She also did perform my elective tubal ligation as I didn't want anymore children. She is very thorough and honest about outcomes. I would recommend her over and over.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

To the reviewer below, I think it is very unfair that you call any negative reviews "unfounded". You have no idea what other people's experiences were and clearly people found it important to share their story just as you did. I'm happy for that everything worked out well for you because I would never wish my experience on anyone else. I think everyone's opinion is valid.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr. Steele provided excellent care during my pregnancy. I was kept well informed along the way, received educated responses to my questions and enjoyed how her practice ran smoothly with little delays. Dr. Steele also kindly dropped by my room after I gave birth to say hi and see how I was doing. That to me says a lot about how she cares. Also her receptionist is simply delightful. Any comments to the contrary in other reviews are simply just unfounded. Both my husband and myself were just thrilled with our overall experience with Dr. Steele and would definitely ask her to be our Doctor for baby #2 (when the time comes).

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

I had a very good experience with Dr Steele. I had many complication in my pregnancy, but Dr Steele came as an angel in my life. I got diabetes and ICP disease which found very rare in women during pregnancy. I was so worried because it was my first pregnancy. She has a great knowledge about her field. She delivered me 1 month earlier, but everything turned out perfect. Also it was normal delivery. Her staff is also helpful. I would recommend Dr Steele to every pregnant woman. Thank you so much Dr. Steele.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015