Ratings for Dr. Donna Steele

I have had three children with Dr steele. I found her and her staff exceptional all three times. She is not the hand holding doctor if that is what your looking for. But she is warm and compassionate in her own way. She is very profession and very thorough. When going through such a delicate process such as pregnancy and child birth that is what you want. I found her to be a remarkable doctor who ran a tight ship. Never waited more than 5 mins for an appointment and never made me feel that my questions were silly. I would definetly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I know dr Steele can come across as cold or abrupt however we must remember the most of pressure she has. I honestly don't care about how many time she smiles I care about her helping me. She is truly a fantastic doctor!!! She has always helped me to the best of her ability. Every time I have to see her I always get an appointment relatively quickly. Will always be her patient

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

My first pregnancy I had Dr. Steele as my OB wonderful experience her receptionist was wonderful I am on baby # 2 I am going to use Dr. Steele again.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

I have a terrible and traumatic experience with Dr Steele..I had a normal pregnancy and normal child..But during my labour due to her lack of knowledge and poor judgement I lost my normal physically fit baby..She did not respond to emergency situation promptly, continued to wait for my cervix dilation and when she saw baby's heart rate dropping she asked me to push suddenly even when my cervix was not fully dilated. Due to lack of oxygen supply during labour my baby had severe brain injury and survived for 23 hours only.She said she doesn't know what went wrong during labour and when the oxygen supply was compromised.After this experience with Dr Steele I have lost faith in Doctors and Canada's Healthcare System. I will NEVER ever see her again and would strongly NEVER recommend her to anyone in my life.She is the worst and most pathetic Doctor I have ever seen..

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

i have 4 children all delivered by DR.Steele. She is to the point, mater of facts and no frills. It may not be for everyone but she is the best in her field. I had 1 normal delivery, 1 emergency c, and 2 planned c-sections. She even worked on her vacation to delivery my son. She does not over book and will always answer questions. Would not dream on going to anyone else for hysterectomy. Do not believe what others say, i have been with her for over 20years

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

This is for the reviewer who says that she does not care if the doctor is rude as long as she knows her stuff. WHY? She is a Gynecologist not a waitress (not that it's ok for waitresses to be rude) . You're putting your and your child's life in her hand when you're most vulnerable. You go through 9 months dealing with her. She is in a profession unlike most which caring is part and parcel of her job and you're willing to sacrifice one of her duties over the other? I'm certain that she is not as knowledgeable as others assume she is based superficial obsevations but that's beside the point. Why can't an Gynecologist or any physician be both caring and knowledge not to mention professional? It's this low expectations from those whom assume the biggest responsibilities in our society that creates incompetent people with huge attitudes like her. It's as if you have a monster delivering your baby. The only way to put an end to these behaviors is to stop going to these monsters. You're living in a city with many choices, choose another.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Our child was delivered emergency C section and we felt that we were in extremely capable hands. Very clear communication and good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Knowledge is excellent... intimidating ... receptionist lovely. Sometimes I dreaded going in but wanted a child so had to bite the bullet.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I love Dr. Steele - she's such a gem. She's comforting and knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. This is my first baby and she has held my hand the whole way. It's always a pleasure to see her and I am so grateful she's been looking after me in this pregnancy. Her receptionist, on the other hand, is a piece of work. She is just awful. I cringe whenever I have to call the office for any reason, because I know she's going to be nasty. I brace myself before each appointment because I know I am going to have to deal with her when I arrive. I literally avoid eye contact, take a seat quietly, and wait to see Dr. Steele. I try not to engage with her because it's always always unpleasant. Always. I've witnessed her being incredibly rude to Dr. Steele, which is just so inappropriate. Especially in front of patients. I cannot figure out why Dr. Steele has kept her around!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

I was Dr Steele's patient for a couple of years. Gosh how I detested the visits. Doctor is the rudest person on this planet and the behavior and attitude of the receptionist is disgusting. When I asked if they have a late clinic: her answer was "Oh you want us to work later than this". Once I reached a few minutes earlier for my appoitment and she said "your appointment is after 10 mnts" oh well should I use the waiting room of her neighbor? I can see the clock but if you got off the wrong side of the bed than pls take a day off and rest at home. I was 10 mnts late for my first visit as I went to St Mike looking for her and she said "Doctor wont see you as you are late" oh well I rely on TTC to reach her so a mnt plus/minus is expected and if I am early I can wait for my scheduled time and she does not hv to be rude and tell me I am either few minutes early or few minutes late. I will never step back into that clinic as I used to be terrified when my appointment was nearing and true enough I had horrible experience during every single visit. Dr is a butcher - she is at the door in a mnt before you have time to throw your bag and undress, and the mighty receptionist may be born without a heart-pathetic looser. Mean, unprofessional and if they are at a place where people come with their gynic issues, god save them because this clinic is the worse place you should go when you are down in your life with any ailments - please look somewhere else. I am sure there are other professionals in the market.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016