Ratings for Dr. Craig R. Huttler

I've been with OBGYN of North Haven for years, and when I became pregnant, I started to see every doctor in the practice. This is how I ended up with Dr. Huttler. I was not pleased with the way he addressed my questions about the flu shot. He told me that no vaccines have contained thymerosal for years so I shouldn't worry about it. However, this is completely untrue! In fact, pregnant women are supposed to request thymerosal-free vaccines because the mercury content in the vaccines can harm the fetus. I am shocked that Dr. Huttler is either misinformed or willingly passing on incorrect information. I am switching practices because there is a chance that he may be on call the day I go into labor and I do not want him to deliver my baby. Also, I want to get my prenatal care from a doctor who takes me more seriously and is better informed. It is a shame because there are other doctors in the practice who are wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Avoid!Avoid!Avoid! My wife became pregnant(our 1st),and was feeling pain early.Craig Huttler(I wont call him a doctor) told her right off the bat(over the phone)that it was probably a miscarriage and to take another test in 2 days and would probably be over!!Whe she starting to cry,he said"Why,were you trying?"Real nice.After a few more days,he decided that it was probably a urinary tract infection,and to go get another blood test.In the meantime he prescribed medication for a urinary tract infection.When the results came back 3 days later-negative,he told her to stop taking them,and it was probably an eptopic pregnancy,and to immediately go get another blood test,and he'd see her next week!!---3 different (wrong)diagnosis in a week,all over the phone(he is aparently too busy to see her in person).Very unprofessional.You'd think he'd be more helpful to someone who has neer been through this before.It's scary that he is allowed to practice.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2008

Dr. Craig R. Huttler's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

AHC