Ratings for Dr. Revere P. Kinkel

Best neurologist ever. I cried when he left Boston. He is one of those doctors who treats the patient, not just the disease. California is lucky to have him!!!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I found Dr. Kinkel's personality refreshing. He was extremely thorough in his exam and review of my medical history, labs and MRI's. He made me feel very comfortable and I'm at ease in his care. He is a medical detective, he's going to get to the bottom if it and I know that for a fact. I suggest you get his first appointment if the day, because he spends a great deal of time assessing his patients he rubs behind but he gives that level if care to each if his patients.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Kinkel knows his stuff. I have a myriad of chronic illnesses, and physicians sometimes become overwhelmed at the complexity of my interconnected medical issues. Not Dr. Kinkel . Today was my third appointment with him, and it just seems to get better and better. Yes, one does need to be aware that he has a very dry sense of humor, which started out strong, but has calmed with each meeting. I am a psychotherapist by profession, so I tend to accept and understand the possible reasons for such mannerisms. It does not interfere, at least for me, with his remarkable knowledge and compassion. Read his blog on healthcarejourney.com. You will get a real sense of the man's depth of caring and commitment to helping his patients.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr K. Is wonderful! I feel very grateful to have him as my MS Doc. I feel hopeful and well taken care of. I think UCSD is extremely lucky to have him at the lead!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

I am a scientist and a very very difficult patient - my neurologist has to know answers to all my questions, or at least think about it and say what his opinion on the subject is. Dr. Kinkel is the first neurologist that i feel i can trust completely. Aside from knowledge of scientific litterature, he is a really good clinician, he spends a lot of time with patients, doing even small tests that his resident could do. He really cares about people, and he is very encouraging.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2012

I wouldn't go back.... just leave it at that...I'll find another doctor

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

POOR patient service. I've contacted office from pharmacy. Spoke with Dave at the office - he was very UNPROFESSIONAL and became very rude during the conversation.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

I do not recommend this physician. His sexually inappropriate behavior revealed a physician who is not dedicated to his work as a health care professional and demonstrates a clear lack of empathy and respect towards his patients, and ultimately his work. The visits turned into some sort of odd game that counteracted my basic needs of clear communication. I politely declined his personal interest, and the quality of my care declined steadily thereafter.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

Poor service, personally rude and irresponsible, made inappropriate remarks during the appointment, and late.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

Ive had the fortune of being cared for by some of this countries finest neurologists for my multiple sclerosis. Dr. Kinkel is tops in my book. He projects a slight air of cockiness, which is fine because he can back it up. No one does a more in-depth evaluation than he does. No one does it quicker, either. Hes almost military like in his precision. I completely agree with the reviewer that mentioned his dry sense of humor. This man is like a medical detective...he will find you answers.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

Dr. Revere P. Kinkel's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Kaiser-Permanente