Ratings for Dr. Clare Ventre

I'm sure this doctor is very knowledgeable, but she doesn't seem to share that with her patients. She is very cut-throat and will brush you off. SHE NEVER ONCE ASKED ME IF I HAD SEX. This is a red alarm when you are 22 and switch gynos. I had concerns about a new BC pill and she seemed VERY disinterested in speaking with me. I told her flat out I didn't feel comfortable and it seemed she could care less. She is obsessed with handing out pamphlets to me everytime I go. ALSO, she doesn't seem to understand how to write a script for 90-day prescriptions when you order them through Aetna's home delivery. She writes the wrong thing every time I ask. I know a few adults who like her - but as for a girl in her 20s, I need a human, not a robot.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I disagree with the previous reviews. I found Dr. Ventry to be very caring and took the time to explain everything.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

I asked her some questions and it was like she didn't want to help me she wouldn't perscribe me a medication when i called her back to let her know for 4 pills it was 50$ i need something cheaper and she would not perscribe it to me and it was not like it was a pain killer it was a pill for cold sores. she is very rude if it was her she would do what ever she had to do so she did't get them. I hope some day she knows how it feels.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

When I went for my annual visit, it was the first time I had her as my gynecologist, and her manner was not friendly at all, and I did not feel comfortable asking certain questions or telling her information that she wanted to know. During the actual exam, she was very rushed, did not explain what she was doing before she did it, and completely disregarded a very serious concern of mine. She also did not ask if I was willing to have a student in the room with her as well. At the end of the visit, I had more questions to ask about something I was just diagnosed with, and she simply handed me brochures and told me to read them, and then went on her way. I felt that I did not, in any way, get the care I deserve, and as a student studying in the medical profession myself, I found her bedside manner and attitude towards me as a patient to be completely inappropriate. I wish I had been treated with more respect instead of leaving feeling violated, upset, and confused.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

Dr. Clare Ventre's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Waterbury, CT