Ratings for Dr. David Downing

I had come to Dr. Downing when I had the most severe pain and I thought I would have never gotten through it. He had performed one surgery on me to fix damage that occurred in a separate surgery with another doctor. He had made things much less painful for me after that. He was very kind and respectful during every visit and I was blessed to have a doctor like him to fix my health issues. However, I had asked to have the pictures of my ovary and damage mass from the other surgery after the surgery I had this year, but he told me he could not promise that, but he assured me that I would have all the other pictures that were taken during my surgery. I had called in and walked into his office, and even checked with the medical reports at the hospital, asking the staff if they had any of the photos from my surgery and reported that I had not gotten any of them. They said that Dr. Downing was the only one who could give me the photos, so I asked him, but his reply was simply that I "did not need it". I felt very disrespected after that because the pictures were of my body and pertained to my health issues, and I believe that it is illegal for him to not provide them for me. I thought he was a doctor that I could trust, an absolute angel, but that situation changed my entire perspective of him as a doctor.

Submitted August 17, 2014

I have been through three very high risk pregnancies including twins and including three emergency c sections. I couldn't imagine having any other doctor. Dec downing is absolutely incredible. Helpful caring patient. He is simply amazing!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

Dr. Downing's kindness and professionalism made an otherwise emotionally unbearable and physically scary experience bearable. He is a blessing.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

Dr. Downing is a blessing to our family. His quiet tonation, respectful and culturally sensitive approach to medicine, is impeccable.Thank you. This rating came ten years late when you delivered our first child.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Truly one of the best doctors I have ever had in my life. Like one of the other reviewers, I came to him after finding out devastating news about my baby during pregnancy and he was extremely caring, kind and knowledgable. He continued to support me during all the ups and downs and made me feel normal and cared for during the entire process. I can't recommend him highly enough. He's the best of the best!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

Dr. Downing is a life saver. I came to him, terrified and distraught, after having one of the most horrible things imaginable happen to my pregnancy. He was so kind and thoughtful. Unlike many doctors I had met through this process, he actually did research to know what he was talking about, rather than shooting from the hip. He obviously cares about his patience and has a commitment to excellence that I really admire. Sometimes the staff can me a little rude and surly, but putting up with their attitude is worth it.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

What a blessing to find such a kind, caring, understanding doctor. It means so much at potentially scary moments in life.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

Dr. Downing is a angel sent from Heaven. His bed side manners is one of a kind, I have yet to find a doctor to listen and knowledgeable. My only con is that he don't specialist in all fields. :(

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Dr. Dowling is a great doctor. He is patient and kind and makes his patients feel comfortable throughout their visit. Unfortunately, he has a staff member who believes she is his GUARD. She is a bit abrupt and wants to know specific reasons about your visit. Granted she must have access to the chart.I believe she needs to tone done he approach. Otherwise, Dr.. Dowling is a master at his craft.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. David Downing's Credentials

• Spanish

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1990)