Ratings for Dr. Dominique St-Cyr

Very nice woman and I think she means well...but she has no understanding of the medications she is prescribing. She needs to spend some time researching what the USA is finding out about the dangers and risks of medications and drug reactions and interactions. Stop attend meetings from drug manufacturers doctor and spend some time learning your trade. More is not necessarily better, it is just quicker.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Dr St-Cyr is so full of kindness towards her patient ! She was aware of my fear so she went out of her way to propose the exact solution and relieve my anxiety. Thanks Suzanne

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I absolutely love dr St-Cyr, she is friendly, helpful knowledge, and never rushes you out, will take all the time she needs to answer your questions.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Very kind doctor, will not rush you and she will help you with any concerns and you'll leave the apt reassured. The lady at the desk is rude.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Wonderfull doctor, her priory is mom's health and baby's. Very knowledgable, kind, and caring, couldn't ask for better.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

After reading comments and hearing from friends what a wonderful OB/GYN Dr St-Cyr was I was definitely hopeful for my appointment on gynecology issues. Her receptionist was wonderful and friendly, appointment was on time but information in the appointment was useless. She didn't ask family history (only about endometriosis), didn't ask about past pregnancies, complications, etc and then proceeded to tell me that a PILL would cure edometriosis. I wasn't even diagnosed with that. I was diagnosed with Adenomyosis. I asked if a hysterectomy would be an option and the answer was a clear no. To big of a risk because there is probably edometriosis all over my insides. Umm....I don't think you can tell that from ONE ultrasound that showed a growth in my uterus wall that was adenomyosis. So I agreed to take this medication...went to the pharmacy to get it filled and of course when I get home I read the pamphlet. EVERY drug has side affects and I'm completely okay with that but it says you should not use it if you have a family history of breast cancer. I lost my mom to breast cancer when she was very young. I am so frustrated. I asked about side affects and if it was safe to take this drug on a long term basis and she said it was and it would "cure" my edometriosis. Not once did she ask family history. If I am going to take this drug until I hit menopause I think it would be important to check family history. I'm returning the drug to the pharmacy tomorrow, making another appointment with my GP to get a second opinion. So frustrating...

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr st cyr is an amazing doctor. She really takes her time to get to know you and understand your concerns. The receptionist on the other hand is very rude and could careless about dr st cyrs patients.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Very good doctor but always late on appointment....

Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr. St-Cyr delivered both of my children. Both pregnancies had complications and there is no one i would trust more than Dr St Cyr to look after me. In life after pregnancy, i have seen her twice - once for a tubal ligation - and again today with other OB/GYN concerns. She will always be late for 2 reasons: 1. She listens to every concern you have. You are never rushed. 2. She has to respond to calls form the hospital if there are problems with labours/patients, etc. Yes, its slightly annoying, but I also remember when i was that patient that probably called her away from her office. I left there today feeling like someone actually listened. IT was so nice - and honestly - like no time had passed since i was pregnant, even thought my kids will be 7 and 5 this year. She makes you feel welcome and important. Most importantly, she knows her stuff. Seriously knows her stuff. She is absolutely wonderful.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I really like Dr. St-Cyr. She has been very helpful when others are not interested. She cares.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Dominique St-Cyr's Credentials

• University of Montreal (Grad. 1987)

MSP/BC Med