Ratings for Dr. Stephanie S. Durruthy

Saw Dr. Durruthy twice about 10 years ago. That was enough to have me seek help elsewhere. Met her again at a Senior Expo a couple of years ago. I didn't expect her to remember me so our conversation was not doctor/patient oriented. The manner in which she spoke with me told me that she had not changed. If she is knowledgeable in her field, she surely wasn't sharing. What kind of psychiatrist goes to expos to drum up business anyway!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2018

One of the worst decisions in my life was to see her. She was awful and made things worse.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

She had no empathy whatsoever. She would interrupt me frequently and I never felt like she listened to me. She dismissively would wave her hand in the air even when I was talking about something that hurt and I was crying. She was more interested in her research projects than in helping me.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

DR.Durruthy is very knowledgeable and helpful. Others here have written that sometimes DR.Durruthy is not on time, but she takes the time to listen to you and give you the care that is needed. She does not look at her watch and rotate people out every fifteen minutes. I don't mine waiting extra minutes because someone else needed help because when it is my turn she will do what is needed for me. I wish there were more Doc's like her, someone who takes the time to listen.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2013

This lady was very rude and would sigh as if frustrated with my lack of progress. When I called to get a refill she went into the lecture like I was a disobediant CHILD! Admonishing for even having the audacity to ask for a refill because I had not seen her in a month or so. If you just want a pill pusher with a gruff cold demeanor then this is it.And the wait time ws ridiculous with no apology whatsoever. She has a chip on her shoulder it seems.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

I though she was a bit strange on my first visit, seeming to lack any empathy, but thought she might be fine for managing and prescribing my meds. But after a few visits I found that I felt worse after leaving her office, and she refused to address any of my concerns about medication changes or symptoms I was having. She instead basically lectured me about how I'm immature and fail at life. I found her to be condescending and rude, in general. I think maybe she got into psychiatry thinking it would help her with her own problems, but she still seems like an unhappy person. I do not recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

She really knows her stuff. She is hard on her patients but works hard to find the right medications/therapy. She really cares and goes to great length to take care of them.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

She has very unusual body language. She was had her back partially turned and was looking over her shoulder. She was aslo covering her mouth when speaking. I hope she sees this and gains some insight. She is definitely not compassionate, and is focused mainly on being RIGHT and diagnosing according to the book. She does not accept Blue Choice Care First insurance, despite what is written here on this page. We paid out of pocket and it was a lot of money. Also, she charged extra money to write a letter to my daughter's school. This seemed strange to me. I am a teacher and spend countless hours writing letters for students, without additional compensation. If you want a diagnosis, go to her. If you want help in feeling better, seek it elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Great shrink :-) She knows her stuff, especially med management, and doesn't mind coordinating care with a therapist. She gets right down to business...don't expect talk therapy, that's not what she's there for, she focuses more on managing symptoms, proper diagnosis, & ensuring meds are properly balanced. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

She is one of those people who got into Psychiatry because she was trying to figure out her own demons. Avoid Her!!!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

Dr. Stephanie S. Durruthy's Credentials

• Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19102 (Grad. 1981)

UnitedHealthcare