Ratings for Dr. Renee B. Alexis

I waited three hours to see her. Meanwhile the patient next to me who had a later appointment was brought right in. She didn't seem to know what she was doing and there were ants all over her office. No one there seemed to have any manners. This was probably the worst doctor experience of my life, I would never go back.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

Okay So this was my experience: She was amazing throughout the whole nine months of being pregnant. However once my water broke and we went to the hospital like we were told she was NO WHERE to be found. The nurses were calling her and she was giving them directions over the phone!! She did not even arrive at the hospital until 25 hours, coming in talking about how long of a day she had at the office and "Oh, i have good news and bad news", "the good news is you'll see your daughter within an hour, the bad news is your having an emergency c-section". Now i was G-strep positive so I had to have antibiotics through IV every 3 hours and when that is the case you don't want to go any longer than 18 hours after your water breaks to get the baby out... well she didn't even show up until 25h after. REALLY DISAPOINTED

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Both doctors are great.you do wait hrs for them but that's obgyn docs

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

I went to Dr. Alexis because I was specifically looking for a female doctor. After a very long wait, I ended up with a male doctor nonetheless. He is nice, but the staff is really bad. I don't know how many times I had to call them because I received letters from my healthcare provider that they are unresponsive to refill requests, but it's really annoying. Many times, you can't reach the office and sometimes, a voice on the other end of the line even tells you that the number doesn't exist anymore. Going to Dr. Alexis isn't a bad experience, but I'm sure there are better ones.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

Although I can agree that the practice attempts to keep an open door policy you do manage to wait extended periods of time. On several occassions she made me feel frustrated: (1) major billing issues, (2) ordering tests wrong, (3) her rude remarks when I questioned her care plan, (4) her lack of confidence (once when I was admitted and she was called about a medical issue I was having she actually stated that she could not order anything but that she had to ask her consult what she should do!). After having a very complicated pregnancy which included bedrest and an early delivery, I felt very robbed of my birthing experience because she lacked the communication skills with her partner and relied too much on her consults! If you are going to have an easy pregnancy then she is right for you, but high risk patients stay away!!!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

Dr. Alexis is PHENOMENAL. I never had to wait long. I have never had any problem getting in to see her even when I wasn't scheduled. She has an awesome bedside manner and she really knows how to put you at ease. I found that she carefully answered ALL of my questions and didn't rush to get me out of the office. She even returned my call personally whenever I called her! I would recommend Dr. Alexis to anyone who is concerned about getting quality healthcare from a knowledgeable and caring physician.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

I went three times. Everytime, I waited almost 2 hrs. I then switched to another Dr. I thought of billing her my time at one time. What's the point of appointment if you have to wait 2 hrs !! I never recommend her if you are serious about your time !

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

Dr. Renee B. Alexis's Credentials

• Hebrew

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Plantation, FL