You may also like

Rate Dr. Kimberly P. Hood

Dr. Kimberly P. Hood's Ratings

I am 33 weeks pregnant and currently see Dr. Hoodl. I have not had the opportunity to meet all of the nurses but from those I have met they are all FANTASTIC!

There is a rarely a wait, the nurses are nice and I never feel rushed.

They are thorough without overwhelming a new Mom which I've heard happens at other places.

We look forward to every visit!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2015

I started going here based on a friend's recommendation after finding out I was pregnant. So far I have been in the office twice and everyone has been very friendly and helpful. The office is very comfortable. So far I am very glad with my choice to start going here! It's also a bonus that they do ultrasounds and blood work on site!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2015

Zero board actions against her,zero sanctions and zero malpractice. Figured since people claimed to take actions on here its now over a year later and nothing. The issue with these sites are people can do these who never even meet this wonderful woman. I guess be nationally ranked by her peers high then anyone in the area douse not hold much weight. Great woman great practice and great hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2015

Great doctor. I don't understand why she gets a bad rep on here. Priority one is the baby priority two is the mother. People get mad because she tells them what to do for a perfect baby and if its not their norm they tend not to like it and blame the doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2015

Saved my sisters life twice and delivered to perfect baby girls. People complain that she can be a b^tch, but I would rather have her then someone that changes his mind and risks babies lives, Great doctor she tells you what to do based on what the baby needs not whats just comfortable for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2015

I had my baby in September. She is an excellent Dr. Very knowledgeable, friendly. They office staff are great too. Would recommend this Dr to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2812508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Save yourself from an unpleasant experience - DO NOT USE THIS PERSON! Unless, of course, you want a moody beast with you in the delivery room. She's fine to see for checkups, just keep in mind- she's an unhappy person.....While waiting to be seen in her office, I've overheard her complaining about hating her job and being fat. I kind of just felt sad for her, maybe she was having a bad day. I didn't feel bad for anyone but myself when I had to endure her abuse in the delivery room. I had wondered why when I first arrived at L&D a nurse said this to me " Dr. Hood is your doctor, but you're so sweet", while she gazed at me with this weird, oh you poor thing expression......... Then my doctor arrived, I remember feeling relieved to see her but to my horror the first thing she said to me was " I heard you don't want your water broke" ( something we had discussed at a checkup) Yes, I said. Remember, I'm waiting for my husband to get here. Her exact words were ~ "I don't have all day to wait around for you to have a baby." OMG what? Did I just hear her right? I guess she then needed to make me feel guilty about the 35 patients waiting to be seen for that day. It was around 7:30 am, so pressumably she was on her way to work. She storms out of the room.... Great! Oh no, I've pissed off the person who is going to deliver my baby by inconveniencing her schedule! What a horrible thing to feel on what is supposed to be such a beautiful day! She comes back in and says she has it figured out- one of the OBs at the office close to the hospital will deliver me if she can't make it back. Fabulous, great news! She was the last person I ever wanted to see again. In the meantime, my epidural didn't work and I was really upset. I was in horrific pain but thankfully my husband arrived; he was driving from a few states over. The nurse checked me again and my water broke. To my surprise, Dr. Hood is back, she cancelled her whole day of office appointments, it was now 10:30am....... Not much longer and it was time to push! The pain was unbearable much worse than my last births ( 2 natural and 1 with an epidural ) something's not right, I can feel it! The pain was making me numb. I had a hard time holding my legs up and that's when she started barking at me- letting me know just how displeased she was with me. I couldn't think straight! She persisted- Come on! Get your legs up! Push harder! You're not doing good enough, over and over with every contraction, she seemed to be growing more and more agitated with me. I hadn't been pushing long when she says "my god, if you can't get your baby into the world I guess I will have to do it for you!" She tries a few times to place a suction cup to my baby's head, it works briefly but didn't stick well because of all the hair. That's all I needed, a little help! One more push the baby is out, face up, posterior! Wow, no wonder it hurt like h ell!!!I see shoulders and I pull the baby onto my chest, myself! No one was touching this baby but me! 11:47 am! Thank God, it's over! We never found out the gender and at that moment it was the furthest thing from my mind! Our last baby and we decided we wanted it to be a surprise.....unfortunately, we didn't get to look for ourselves because someone on the medical staff blurted it out!!!! My husband said it was Hood but I don't know, by that point I had tuned out the sound of her voice... I do remember her leaving saying something about red heads hemorrhage a lot... No congrats, no nothing! She bolted out the door.... What was supposed to be a beautiful day was somewhat spoiled by a person with horrible bed side manner. I needed kindness and encouragement, instead I was berated with scare tactics and insults......... Don't chance your baby's birth day :)
I honestly hope this helps someone because I'm definitely not someone who ever writes a review, much less a bad one, but when it comes to something so important ~ I feel it's necessary!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2679364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2015

I have so much to say. I would say even in an emergency avoid this Doctor. The most unprofessional person I have ever encountered in the medical field!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2619683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

My wife and I are filing a complaint with the board of medicine and Tallahassee for patient neglect and abandonment if that describes what an experience we've had there you have it Dr. Hood is horrible

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

Dr.Hood was the best Doctor I have ever had. She always made me feel comfortable, especially when I was really nervous. Her and her staff were great, she is very compassionate about what she does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2609287].votes_count ]]