Ratings for Dr. Yvette P. Ans

Dr. Ans is a fair doctor but her office staff is absolutely atrocious. They are rude, not willing to work with patients, and frankly not very good at their jobs. I have been waiting weeks now to retrieve my medical records from this office while being given an attitude and a new excuse everyday as to why they are not prepared. I was forced to change doctors because of the office staff and their lack of consideration for the sensitive needs of each patient, at one point I was even put on speaker phone by them, so unprofessional! There is one lady that has been with her for a very long time and I can't understand why, I've seen several reviews mentioning her poor conduct yet she is still employed by Dr. Ans! Stay far away from this office if you expect to be treated respectfully!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Every time I call, I am left on hold for long periods of time. They need more staff or something....The doctor is very nice and knowledgeable. But the staff needs help!!! I wish Dr. Ans reads these reviews..

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

My entire life I suffered from vaginal pain with and could not have intercourse or use tampons. I knew this was not normal and went to Dr. Ans as my first ever obgyn appt when I turned 18 years old and asked for help. I was in agonizing pain during the pap appointment, even after sitting with her and discussing all of my symptoms and hoping that she would help me or have some knowledge of why I had these symptoms. She told me it was "all in my head" and theres "no such thing as the pain I'm feeling" and to just "use petite tampons and you'll stretch out" --this was not the case. For many more years using her she kept telling me the same thing and I kept suffering. Finally when I was 26 I went to another OBGYN who discovered within 30 seconds of me telling her my symptoms I had something called Vestibulitis, something NOT in my head! I was treated properly and am now 95% pain free. I wasted 8 years of my life on Dr. Ans' lack of knowledge and lack of caring on something that was destroying mentally and physically. I can only imagine how many other women suffering with my condition she brushed off.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr. Ans is awesome and her office staff rocked. So friendly! !!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Ans is very pleasant and very knowledgeable, but her office staff is very unfriendly and have a terrible attitude.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Dr. Ans is nice enough but her office is the land that time forgot, and I'm NOT just talking about the crazy outdated office furniture. It is just rude to make someone wear a stupid paper gown in a freezing cold office and leave them waiting for over 30 minutes to see the doctor. I'd rather wait, clothed, in the weird waiting room than be mostly naked and freezing in a tiny medical room. I got so frustrated with the long wait that I finaly got dressed and walked out of the office. Never went back again.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr. Ans was very helpful in helping me in avoiding a hysterectomy. I had a lot of fibroids and was a candidate for a hysterectomy. But due to her surgical expertise, she was able to remove the fibroids without having to give me a hysterectomy. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

One woman in office, rude. MD left me waiting naked in cold room for 30 min. in just paper cover. MD recommended total hysterectomy for fibroids. Went to 2 other MDs, both of which said surgery was not necessary. MD doesn't return phone calls.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2010

Dr. Ans helped me in an situation where another Dr. was treating me for 5 cysts on ovaries & uterus for 3 yrs. Lost lots of blood. I developed Breast cancer meanwhile. I had surgery & Dr. Ans advised to do hysterectomy to avoid cancer traveling to that area. I have been a survivor now since '94 she helped me in a scary situation. Made me feel confident & comfortable. I highly recommend her and her knowledge.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2010

One woman on the office staff appears to have an attitude problem and is very nasty. If you have medicare, you have to pay that before you leave or they won't put in the medicare request for reimbursement. I wasn't told that when I made the appt. Dr. Ans doesn't seem to be up on bioidenticals or compounded hormone medications.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

Dr. Yvette P. Ans's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Santo Domingo (Uasd), Fac De Cien Med, Santo Domingo (Grad. 1963)

MSP/BC Med