Dr. Jon Weingart

Ratings for Dr. Jon Weingart

Dr. Weingart is incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to Chiari malformation. I have nothing but positive things to say about him as a doctor. I even referred one of my friends after my surgery to doctor Weingart for the same condition.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

When my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor over the course of 2 weeks we met 2 neurosurgeon who said his tumor was inoperable. One even said it was a metastatic tumor leaving us to believe thay my 37 year old husband would die. The other neurosurgeon could have simply said they couldn't do the surgery so instead our pcp insisted we see a doctor at John's Hopkins. Dr Weingart called me himself on Tuesday I emailed him the scans we saw him weds my husband had surgery that Monday and was discharged home Weds after what Dr Weingart said was a complex surgery . I've done my research and his tumor has a good prognosis but the surgery is often disabling. After 9 months my husband returned to work which that may not sound great but when we thought he was going to die in 6 months we weren't thinking about him returning to work ever. I work in healthcare anshave met many neurosurgeon we drive to Dr Weingart because he knows what he is doing. I don't need him to spend 45 mins showing me the scans I needed him to do his absolute best during surgery so my husband could resume a normal life and that's what he did. The initial consult was short but he saw us between surgeries. I always have questions after follow ups with Dr Weingart and email him... and he always replies. I spent an hour with the neurosurgeon who said he couldn't do surgery because my husband's tumor as inoperable all he did was tell us how bad it was and left us scared. Dr Weingart did at surgery many others refused to do. I know it could have turned out badly and if it had I'd probably be on here complaining but I'd rather have a chance to live normally the have nothing and I'll be forever grateful for the chance Dr Weingart gave us and now my husband will be here to watch our kids go off to college and have their own families. Not long ago I thought that wouldn't happen.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Dr. Weingart operated on my husband in April 2016--anaplastic astrocytoma grade III. After the surgery--that other surgeons declined to perform as the tumor was right on the Wernicke's area of the brain--the doctor came into the waiting room at Johns Hopkins and told me "I got it all." Not, "I think I got it all" or "Looks pretty good" but "I got it all." And he did. Nearly a year later, NO sign of ANYTHING remaining, although he is still undergoing chemotherapy. No appreciable change in language, motor functions or any other sign of issues. This was wonderful as he was clear up front "I don't give false hope." The prognosis was not so good but now it seems we have years to spend together. I am humbled by the skill and humanity of this surgeon. He should act as if he is a god but does not. We will be forever thankful.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Just had decompression surgery on Oct 19th with weingart. I'm still recovering so I don't know how much the surgery will help stop my symptoms but I thought weingart knew what he was talking about. My incision looks like a plastic surgeon sewed my up. I only remember seeing weingart twice after surgery he was was very quick but informative. Not the best doctor when it comes to bedside manner but that doesn't bother me. I felt like he could of been more available to me for questions before the surgery but he eventually answered my questions just took him awhile. My mom picked him as my neurosurgeon when I was diagnosed with chiari type 1 when I was 17 so I just went back to him at the age of 29 because it was easy not having to find a new doctor. All in all as of right now I WOULD go back to Weingart in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Dr weingart operated on my mother for a brain tumor when other surgeons said they couldn't. He is an excellent surgeon and I'm so grateful we found him at Hopkins.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I was a patient of Johns Hopkins and of Jon David Weingart. He saved my life and even though there were several opinions that I was exposed to and was connected with across the country, Dr Weingart was the first to deliver with the most and our phone consult was 45 minutes. I am from Louisiana and Dr. Weingart was and is a remarkable surgeon and human being. He gave me my life back. I thank God every day for his healing hands and Johns Hopkins Hospital is the best hospital that believes in patient care and provides patients with LIFE! Thank God for the best of the best and I always will remember my life experience with Dr. Weingart and Johns Hopkins!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Had an operation done by him in 2010.. I was in agony before hand and can't believe how remarkable I feel now he saved my life! My chair malformation was significant and 11mm into my spine and since my surgery I had zero complications and alive today because of him! Thank u Dr .Weingart!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

The doctor did my back surgery for stenosis and a ruptured disc and I couldn't be more pleased .Went home the next day with no pain meds needed. The incision on my back was so well done that after a little over a year it is not visable. I have refered two friends to him for their back surgery.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

consultation visit and Dr. Weingart was extremely patient, knowledgeable, and answered our all of our (numerous) questions. We also found his bed-side manner and overall disposition to be very calming and confident.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

To the person below who said that the people who rated dr. Weingard badly didn't have life threatening conditions, that is very offensive. Dr. Weingard also saved my life after needing an emergency shunt revision and decompression. I will always be thankful for him saving my life but that doesn't take away from the fact that he had a horrible bedside manner. He doesn't like to answer questions or spend much time with the patients after they have surgery. So for those reasons I think that Dr. weingard is not a great doctor for someone who wants to be informed about what is going on with their children.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Dr. Jon Weingart's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)