Dr. Jon Weingart

Ratings for Dr. Jon Weingart

Just had decompression surgery on Oct 19th with weingart. I'm still recovering so I don't know how much the surgery will help stop my symptoms but I thought weingart knew what he was talking about. My incision looks like a plastic surgeon sewed my up. I only remember seeing weingart twice after surgery he was was very quick but informative. Not the best doctor when it comes to bedside manner but that doesn't bother me. I felt like he could of been more available to me for questions before the surgery but he eventually answered my questions just took him awhile. My mom picked him as my neurosurgeon when I was diagnosed with chiari type 1 when I was 17 so I just went back to him at the age of 29 because it was easy not having to find a new doctor. All in all as of right now I WOULD go back to Weingart in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Dr weingart operated on my mother for a brain tumor when other surgeons said they couldn't. He is an excellent surgeon and I'm so grateful we found him at Hopkins.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I was a patient of Johns Hopkins and of Jon David Weingart. He saved my life and even though there were several opinions that I was exposed to and was connected with across the country, Dr Weingart was the first to deliver with the most and our phone consult was 45 minutes. I am from Louisiana and Dr. Weingart was and is a remarkable surgeon and human being. He gave me my life back. I thank God every day for his healing hands and Johns Hopkins Hospital is the best hospital that believes in patient care and provides patients with LIFE! Thank God for the best of the best and I always will remember my life experience with Dr. Weingart and Johns Hopkins!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Had an operation done by him in 2010.. I was in agony before hand and can't believe how remarkable I feel now he saved my life! My chair malformation was significant and 11mm into my spine and since my surgery I had zero complications and alive today because of him! Thank u Dr .Weingart!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

The doctor did my back surgery for stenosis and a ruptured disc and I couldn't be more pleased .Went home the next day with no pain meds needed. The incision on my back was so well done that after a little over a year it is not visable. I have refered two friends to him for their back surgery.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

consultation visit and Dr. Weingart was extremely patient, knowledgeable, and answered our all of our (numerous) questions. We also found his bed-side manner and overall disposition to be very calming and confident.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

To the person below who said that the people who rated dr. Weingard badly didn't have life threatening conditions, that is very offensive. Dr. Weingard also saved my life after needing an emergency shunt revision and decompression. I will always be thankful for him saving my life but that doesn't take away from the fact that he had a horrible bedside manner. He doesn't like to answer questions or spend much time with the patients after they have surgery. So for those reasons I think that Dr. weingard is not a great doctor for someone who wants to be informed about what is going on with their children.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Dr. Weingart saved my life by removing an inoperable brain tumor. He is a no-nonsense kind of doctor and treats the most serious conditions. After reading the reviews that we're not positive, it is clear they went in there with a non-life threatening condition and it's very unfortunate that they would rate him poorly because he told them the truth. Dr. Weingart removed a tumor from the center of my brain that two other major hospitals said could not be done. I am fortunate to not only be alive, but to have 95% of my vision as well. Coincidentally he saved my best friends nephew after he was ejected from a vehicle at 4 months old due to a drunk driver hitting their vehicle. He had nearly 1/4 of his brain removed and is a normal functioning teenager after Dr. Weingart and Dr. Ben Carson treated him. I personally know several others he saved as well. This doctor is a gift from God and is your best hope if you have a brain tumor. I am so thankfully everyday that he saved my life, and I will never forget it. He deserves more stars but it only goes so high!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

Excellent physician who did brain surgery on me for a vestibular schwannoma tumor. Good communication with me and my family - in-person, by phone & emails. He also just recently performed spine disc surgery on my brother-in-law with great results. Again great communications. I highly recommend Dr. Weingart.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

I have been reading the comments and I to be honest I am not sure if we are taking about the same person. My husband and I just came back home from his craniotomy that took place last Friday, and which turned out to be a complete success. Two nights later we are safely and happily at home. Dr. Weingart was AWESOME. He met with us a week before the procedure and talked with us for a very long time (same right before the surgery). No sense of rushing whatsoever. He answered all our questions and was very comforting. He is knowledgeable, kind, and very accommodating (e.g. not only he personally escorted me all over the hospital, but also since I could not stay with my husband at the NCCU overnight, he sent me an email at 6am to keep me updated. Naturally, I appreciated both very much.) I found him very modest, gentle and refreshingly down to earth, as neurosurgeons go. Strongly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2011

Dr. Jon Weingart's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Amerigroup