Ratings for Dr. G. W. Powell

Dr. Powell, you come out on top, this doc came back from retirement to work in a downtown clinic where he helped with a great team of nurses, the homeless, the drug addicted, the poorest and the mentally ill in our city. He spent over an hour with some, trying to sort out social and health issues, saw some weekly and continued to lobby until the doors closed. He gets a 5 out 5 and well deserved. God bless

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr Powell has been a great Dr for my family. He has diagnosed issues with my children when others had no idea. However, if you are elderly not a good Dr. for you. Tends not to be helpful to old people.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

He is the worst doctor I ever met. He does not want to help patient but he likes to make them to run. He will only treat one knee problem at a time even though both knee has pain.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

this doctor has been providing me and my entire family since I was 3 years old.. As most humans... he makes errors sometimes or may not always make the best judgments. If he isn't sure how to best care for you he will find the right person to do so. He is always keeping himself up to date on all the newest facts, surveys and progress in health care. I have been recently experiencing a health crisis in an area he doesn't specialize in and has been EXTREAMLY supportive, today he sat with me for 90 minutes until he was sure that everything had been spoken about and resolved. His team has been working side by side with him for over 20 years. They care deeply for all the people they serve.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

Very polite. Dr Powell is very up to date.Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2010

My mother has had this doctor since her own retired and we have yet to see him actually help her. She's elderly and Dr. Powell doesn't seem to like treating older patients. He's always in a rush, has no bedside manner and always "forgets" to make promised referrals. If you make the mistake of suggesting what might be causing a problem he gets angry. I'm looking for another doctor for my mom. Good luck to you if you are a patient of Dr. G. W. Powell.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

For about 3 years now i have been going back nd forth to him about my stomach and everytime I go he just tells me he doesnt know whats wrong with me and gives me percs.. Ovarie problems and cancer are ver common in my family but he doesnt care. hes usless.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

PICKS AND CHOOSES WHO HE CARES FOR AND NEGLECTS THOSE HE DOESN'T. PLAYS GOD. NOT WELL RESPECTED AMONGST COLLEGUES. UNPROFESSIONAL CONDUCT TO THE ENTH DEGREE. DOESN'T TAKE SUGGESTIONS, HE HAS TO BE IN CONTROL AT ALL TIMES OR HE POUTS BY MISUSSING HIS POWER OVER HIS PTS.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

He is a Great Doctor, he Helped my dad for soo long now is with us!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

This guy is brutal. I work in community nursing and have had to deal with him on numerous occasions. He is rude, unhelpful, and obviously lacking in his education. If its not his idea, then its not a good idea. I have had more than one elderly patient lacking in care because of this so-called Dr. Look further if you are looking for a Dr.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2008