Ratings for Dr. Emmanuel Abara

What's up with all the negative reports .I have never met a more competent ,nice doctor .He assessed my problem and fixed me .I waited ten minutes and he greeted me with a smile .I would highly record him .

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

In 2004, I had a total abdominal hysterectomy,. Unfortunately my ureter was severed during the surgery. Dr. Abara was on call, and reimplanted the severed ureter into my bladder, then performed a Psoas Hitch procedure. Without his expertise I would have lost my kidney. He was a kind and compassionate man and a gift from God . Thank you Dr. Abara.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

The worst Urologist, I've have ever met. He had poor knowledge of my son's condition which is simple congenital condition and he lied about referring us to Sick Kids in August 2015, he never did and told me it's up to your family doctor to do that. I don't even think he operates anymore. This doctor is a total waste of healthcare dollars. Poor knowledge, poor communication, Total waste of time!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Horrible Doctor. He literally took a 10 second look and said I had no problem. I should have gotten a second opinion back then but now I am having to deal with a disease in its chronic phase.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I have been lucky enough to have Dr Abara as my doctor since 1994 when we first met and he preformed a very delicate surgery on me, and in 2008 I had to have a kidney removed which he was there for me once again. Dr Abara also treats and follows not only me but my husband. I am so thankful to have him in my life. He is a very caring Doctor . Can not rate staff have never spoken to them

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr. Abara is a caring doctor who understands the sometimes desperate feelings of his patients and their families. Without this understanding my friend would not have received the urgent care he needed in order to give him life.

Submitted January 15, 2015

I was referred by my GP to see Dr. Abara for a vasectomy. I went for my appointment to his rooms, which were in the basement of his house (a little odd). Routine appointment with examination, but was told that he cannot perform this procedure in his current location and referred me to another specialist. (I believe something fishy is going on as he seems to have lost his operating privileges at York Central). Anyways, over a month has gone past, have not heard anything about the referral, so called back to follow up. His daughter is the receptionist, and to say she is rude, would be complimentary to rude people. She told me that their responsibility ends by submitting the referral and it is not their duty to set up an appointment for me. So I asked if she could please give me a contact number for this specialist, which she did, and then told me that there is a message that I need to attend a walk-in clinic/seminar first before I can proceed. I asked her how was I meant to find that out if no-one contacted me? Isn't that part of their so-called responsibility to relay such a message? She hung up on me and will not answer my calls anymore. AVOID THIS PRACTICE - Do not waste your time, energy, and the Province's money!!!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

As you can see my ratings are blank. Would never recommend this Doctor to anyone. To fast and puts the blame on everyone for punctuality. Always late and not hours or days but months with his appointments. Do not see this Doctor if you want results in a timely fashion.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Not very friendly. When asked questions got mad and brushed us off. He kept giving my father antibiotics when two rounds with the family dr. had not worked. He should have requested tests immediately as his 6 month delay has my father with stage 4 bladder cancer. If he did not dealy, other specialist indicated that it may not have progressed so much and the prognosis would have been better. THINK TWICE ABOUT SEEING THIS DR!!!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Abara by my family doctor for a specific surgical procedure. He accepted the consult. When I saw him, he did a thorough exam and then explained the procedure to me. He then told me that he cannot perform the surgery! It turns out that his hospital privileges at York Central were revoked. He charged OHIP for a consult he never should have done- absolutely unethical as he stole money from OHIP while fully knowing that he could not help me! I had to start all over from scratch!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012