Ratings for Dr. Thomas L. Lyons

great pre surgery, did shurex procedure wrong, pain and problems since 2004. very dismissive after..borderline rude......

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

Dr. Lyons was great in the beginning. He immediately addressed my endometriosis pain and constant bleeding. His office nurse, Cheryl Spencer was SO SWEET, I loved her! Surgery was scheduled and everything went well. I felt great and had no issues for about 2 years. After that, I experienced constant bleeding. I visited his office NUMEROUS times with the same complaints. He prescribed me medication that didn't help, said that perhaps my Mirena was causing bleeding my irritating the walls of my uterus (although I had already had it for many years without that ever being an issue) and then told me "well, you can either not be in pain or you can bleed. It will never be both apparently." Being a 25 year old woman, constant pain and bleeding was devastating to my active lifestyle. Eventually, I did my research and found a doctor that directly addressed and fixed all of my issues with another surgery. He even diagnosed me with Adenomyosis, something Lyons never even suggested. While I think he is a great doctor, I am really disappointed with how dismissive he became. He made me feel like I was an annoyance and that I would forever have to live my life with these issues. If you are in suffering from any gynecological issues, PLEASE check out Dr. Ken Sinervo! He is right next door to Dr. Lyons and totally changed my life!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr Lyons did a simple out patient procedure on me back in June 2006... I stayed in the hospital for a week was sent home with a fever.. Called Dr Lyons told him I was still sick he told me to come in to his office. Gave me fluids in the back of his office. Sent me back he home .... 4 days later went back to northside. They immediately put me in ICU.... And called Infectious disease Dr.... Dr Lyons almost killed me.. Was in hospital 6 weeks with 3 drain tubes hanging off my sides.... I should have sued..... ladies STAY AWAY..........

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

You will experience a REAL NIGHTMARE if you go to Dr. Lyons. He did not perform the correct surgery & at the last minute ADDED a procedure that I did NOT want... and he knew this. Also, he will NOT PRESCRIBE PAIN MEDICATIONS. To him a hysterectomy does not produce pain. If I could sue him I would .... but have thought about it. My primary dr. had to prescribe pain meds. He must HATE WOMEN. Worst yet, I still have my same problem & am in the process of another surgery.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Dr. Lyons and staff are outstanding in every way. I had his Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy (minimally invasive, spares the cervix as keystone support for female anatomy) on a Friday, and by Tuesday I was able to go out to lunch and dinner with friends, also walk a mile and do Tai Chi. He is an extraordinary man and compassionate practitioner. Women come to him from around the world for the minimally invasive procedures he has developed.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

The best experience I have ever had with a gyn. Every detail was fully explained before my surgery.Everything went the same during and after my surgery.Surgery(major) Thurs morning,out Fri morn, at church Sat pm.Dr Lyons is absolutely the BEST.Thanks to Him ,His wonderful Staff and everyone else who assisted him.He also has a wonderful Doctor as his associate.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN! The office staff is extremely professional. The doctor is extremely knowledgeable, patient, and compassionate. He takes the necessary time to explain all procedures and tests in as much detail as is required. I traveled from out of state to see this physician, and I wouldn't hesitate to do so again should I require additional care! My recovery was uneventful, and the office staff stayed in full contact with me during my recovery.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

Dr. Thomas L. Lyons's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)