Ratings for Dr. Kathleen McCoy

Caring thorough great dr and office. You may wait because people have problems

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Worst doctor ever. When asked questions which go against what she thought, visibly showed anger. Would never recommend...

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

Couldn't be happier with Dr. McCoy's care. My high-risk pregnancy was carefully managed and extended as long as possible resulting in my beautiful healthy son.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

She is an excellent doctor. I was very pleased with the level of care she provided me while I was pregnant. She may not be very personable but she is extremely thorough.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Had Dr. McCoy as our high risk specialist doctor. My wife showed signs of Incompetent Cervix with her cervix funneling and looking weak. Was told by Dr. McCoy that there was nothing that could be done other than just waiting. Was given Progesterone tablets that are vaginally inserted. Her cervix had not opened at this point. Went home and did research to find TONS of people that had this issue with their cervix and had a cerclage (stitch) put in to try and keep the cervix closed. Went back to find out why this was not a viable option and was told by Dr. McCoy that there is no conclusive evidence for the benefits. When asking her questions if there was conclusive evidence AGAINST it, she could not state that there was. Of course there are risks associated with having the cerclage, but the risks of not having it was miscarriage. Fast forward 5 days and my wife's cervix is not fully dilated and open with no chance of cerclage now. Would never recommend seeing this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

SHE IS THE WORST. She is impersonal, and when she doesn't like something about your situation, she is mean and doesn't care for you or the baby. I was pregnant with a healthy baby girl and she said she was going to be mentally handicapped no doubt. WORST DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

the worst doctor in the world.i had my daughter 5/10/10 , when i first met mccoy i was only 14 weeks, she fine nice,listened then when i hit that 5-6 month mark suddenly im unfit to have a child because i wasnt married and when my mom stood up for me mccoy turnt the table and said "well your heart is gonna give we have to perform an abortion now." wait wtf! hell no. is what i shouted at her. we called my heart doctor (her best friend it turnt out to be) and she told mccoy i was fine and could continue the pregnancy.then mccoy started threatening to take us to court to force a abortion we told her to ty, it never happened . after that she was rude and nasty the entire time and started saying my mother wasnt allowed to be at my appointments.mccoy bullied me into a csection at the end of my 8th month said id die with another pregnancy so i signed the paper.found out it was bs after the csection,i just went to the e.r my tubes were never tied n im preggo ill never go back to mccoy EVER

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

I was pregnant with twins,lost one at 17 wks, 6 moths had high blood pressure thoughout the whole pregnancy there after,alot of shortness of breath said it came from being pregnant and carrying the baby,dr.s there are not informed of anything every doctor i seen would say oh it's twins well lets see how they are and i would have to say no, it was twins but i lost one.also told them my other dr. said if i had any other kids that weighed over 6 LBS no way i could push them out because i was to narrow, not a one dr. from that office listened to me,finally pushed out over a 7 lb baby after almost 24 hours of labor,she was stuck coming out,my body was stressed after that labor big time afterwards dr cheecked me out listened to my heart and lungs said all was good,went home 2 days later i was back in the hospital with conjested heart failure,the shortness of breath was a sign of it way back in my 6 month,no one ever said a thing about it,even when i mentioned it to them, they know nothing.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Though she is knowledgeable, and I'm sure competent, she often does not pay attention. It's not just her though, it's the staff and whole process. I had a very high risk pregnancy, and she just didn't order the testing I NOW know that I should have had, or really treat me as high risk. I feel torn, she saved his life with an emergency section after Dr.Fio (who should ABSOLUTELY have his medical licence revoked) told me my 26 weeker had no chance of survival and took me off the monitors, said " this already happened 2 times to you, nothing we can do" and told me he was discharging me. Dr. McCoy came on call, I was given real options and accurate info and she saved my son's life. BUT! It may not have come to that if they had payed closer attention and seen me more frequently during my pregnancy. When I called the office when my baby stopped moving one day at 26 weeks, the staff sais, " oh, your only 26 weeks, it's too early for kick counts" . But that's how my 2 prior babies died.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

My son, Jonathon, was born at 24.5 weeks. He is about to have his 6th Birthday!I'm forever grateful to Dr. McCoy; and her team of expert physicians. You will be hard-pressed to find a physician of higher caliber, nor one with a higher tolerance for "challenging" patients. This woman cares. A lot. You should feel lucky to even have spoken with the Good Doctor regarding your case; she truly is from the hand of God. Thank you so much Dr. McCoy. -PD

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013