Ratings for Dr. Benjamin J. Berry

I recently made an appt with Dr Berry for a routine well care exam and removal/replacement of my IUD. Two days before my appt I was called and told I would have to reschedule because the doctor was in surgery. 2.5 hours before my new appt the receptionist Patty called me to come early for paperwork. Then she told me that my visit would not be covered by my insurance. I assured her that I had called HMSA and they said that I was covered. Then I called an HMSA rep who called the Drs office herself. The rep offered to send an official letter saying that I was covered for the visit. After driving across the island for my appt. I was denied by Patty. She was rude and patronizing and insisted that I could not have my appt. even if I was willing to pay out of pocket. Reception is the first line representing a doctor. If the front desk, (who was obviously lying about their reasons for not keeping my appointment) is so rude and unprofessional, it does not speak well of the doctor.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

Dr. Benjamin J. Berry's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1961)

Top Hospitals in Wailuku, HI